Princess gift cards

a.madruga

18 hours ago, that said:

@GottaLuvCruisingIs it AARP or is it Princess

that reduced the % off?

Hmmm...maybe, maybe not.  Pure speculation here...but *maybe* AARP has seen the large (maybe) uptick in sales here and realized that they could keep an additional portion of the proceeds...???  I wouldn't *think* that AARP would do that...but hey! Business is business!  If they are still getting the cards at the rate that they always did from Princess.....

• Thanks 1

OTOH we are quite happy to get the additional 8% off our cruise fare $$$ using the AARP Princess Gift Cards. It just adds to the other $$$ perks we get for booking with PCL, such as 8% off our cruise fare from our TA for booking the cruise through them, the MOBC both my DW and I get (up to $500) on each cruise along with the SOBC (up to $250) we were allowed to keep on our 11 bookings we had in place prior to June 29 when PCL changed the MOBC/SOBC rules.

Then there is the $60 pp/day for the Princess Plus package when compared with the $120 pp/day for Celebrity's All Included package (when the internet and beverage packages are upgraded to achieve the same level that PCL provides), and NCL's $90 pp/day for their FAS Plus package combined with their daily service (gratuities) charge.

Yes, the 10% was nice, but we'll take the 8%. 😊

• Like 3

I loved saving 10% on our upcoming cruises. It saved us a lot of money. With "only" 8% we can buy cards to pay off our remaining cruise (next April) and will "cry all the way to the bank" that we are only saving $350. We will "lose out" on an additional $88 we would have gotten at 10% off. I think we will just have to manage to "suffer" and accept the $350 discount on the cruise. 🙄

• Like 3