Cancelled Our Cruise…..100% FCC Received In Four Days!

Lady Arwen

I know that quite a few of us have been recently disillusioned by Princess and their inept customer service and the terrible way they handled new charges for amenities that were once complimentary.  I get it and your disappointment is warranted.

However, I just wanted to let you know that there is still some very positive actions taken by Princess.  Due to a family crisis, we had to cancel our Regal Princess sailing for September 2nd.  On August 24 we cancelled and yesterday, August 28, we received 100% FCC.  Four days!  We were prepared to wait weeks for any action and even our CVP told us that Princess was lagging behind applying FCC and not to expect anything for 3-4 weeks.

Thank you, Princess!  My faith has been renewed.  Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel after all. 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did you have P insurance and CFAR?

Princess CFAR 100% FCC.  Received port charges and fees back to our credit card within 24 hours.

Edited by Lady Arwen
  • Like 5

Thank you for this info, you just never know when something could happen and it's good to know that it was a painless procedure to get the FCC credited. We always do the Platinum insurance (at Standard price as Elite so a great deal) with CFAR so glad to hear that it's fast and easy. 

• Like 1

My CVP sent me the link to AON.  If you’re requesting a cash refund, there is a process for that and another for requesting FCC.  Basically, one click and you’re done.  Received an immediate response acknowledging my request.  Took less than two minutes.

Good to hear your refund was posted so quickly.

If I book a cruise with a non-refundable deposit but have Princess Platinum insurance, then have to cancel for an approved reason,  would I get all money back including deposit?

OR

If I use cancel using “Cancel for Any reason”. Would I get all money back including deposit as a FCC?

Tried to use Live chat this morning but gave up after a while.  

Edited by Therese S.

10 minutes ago, Therese S. said:

Good to hear your refund was posted to quickly.

If I book a cruise with a non-refundable deposit but have Princess Platinum insurance, then have to cancel for an approved reason,  would I get all money back including deposit?

OR

If I use cancel using “Cancel for Any reason”. Would I get all money back including deposit as a FCC?

Tried to use Live chat this morning but gave up after a while.  

You would receive the cruise fare including deposit if you cancel for an approved reason. You would receive it as FCC if you cancel using "Cancel for Any Reason".

However you do not receive a refund for the cost of the Princess Vacation Protection (PVP) if you cancel - whether for an approved reason or not.

If you purchase PVP, it is fully refundable prior to final payment - as long as you haven't made a claim. If you cancel before final payment with a nonrefundable deposit, you could make a claim for refund of the deposit - either money back or FCC depending on the reason for cancellation. But then you would not get your PVP refunded. If the cost of the PVP is more than the nonrefundable deposit, then you would be better off not making a claim and losing the deposit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

How long do you have to use the FCC issued for CFAR?  

I cancelled a cruise last year using "Cancel for Any Reason". My FCC has the following information on the Cruise Personalizer:

• Description: Princess Travelcare
  • Earned: 09/26/22
  • Expires: Sail By 12/31/23

Note that the expiration date is the end of the calendar year after the year of cancellation. Also note that the expiration date is "Sail By" - not "Book By".

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

I cancelled a cruise last year using "Cancel for Any Reason". My FCC has the following information on the Cruise Personalizer:

• Description: Princess Travelcare
  • Earned: 09/26/22
  • Expires: Sail By 12/31/23

Note that the expiration date is the end of the calendar year after the year of cancellation. Also note that the expiration date is "Sail By" - not "Book By".

Thank you for the information.

27 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You would receive the cruise fare including deposit if you cancel for an approved reason. You would receive it as FCC if you cancel using "Cancel for Any Reason".

However you do not receive a refund for the cost of the Princess Vacation Protection (PVP) if you cancel - whether for an approved reason or not.

If you purchase PVP, it is fully refundable prior to final payment - as long as you haven't made a claim. If you cancel before final payment with a nonrefundable deposit, you could make a claim for refund of the deposit - either money back or FCC depending on the reason for cancellation. But then you would not get your PVP refunded. If the cost of the PVP is more than the nonrefundable deposit, then you would be better off not making a claim and losing the deposit.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer, I understand how it works now.   We are looking at booking a drop and Go rate for a 7day cruise and choosing the bare bottom rate this time, princess books your room, but states deposit is non-refundable.  

We’re taking a chance on what room we’ll end up in, but never cruise without insurance no matter how close to home we are.  Once husband broke his ankle 3 weeks before cruise he needed surgery and screws to stabilize it.  Had no insurance, husband says we’re going no matter what, he spent most of the trip in the cabin on pain pills.  

36 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

How long do you have to use the FCC issued for CFAR?  

The expiry date shown is December 31, 2024.  However, my CVP says that you just need to book before that date, not to sail.  And, you can cancel that before final payment, and still apply the FCC to the one after.  She said there are ways to get it extended.  I went ahead a booked two more sailings, one completely covered by FCC and some left over for the second one.

5 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

The expiry date shown is December 31, 2024.  However, my CVP says that you just need to book before that date, not to sail.  And, you can cancel that before final payment, and still apply the FCC to the one after.  She said there are ways to get it extended.  I went ahead a booked two more sailings, one completely covered by FCC and some left over for the second one.

Look at the expiration date in your Cruise Personalizer. Does it say "Book By" or "Sail By". It is usually very explicit. In addition to the FCC which says "Sail By", I have a FCD that says "Book By".

If the written description in your Cruise Personalizer says one thing and a Princess employee says something else, I would believe the written description. Princess employees have been known to get it wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Look at the expiration date in your Cruise Personalizer. Does it say "Book By" or "Sail By". It is usually very explicit. In addition to the FCC which says "Sail By", I have a FCD that says "Book By".

If the written description in your Cruise Personalizer says one thing and a Princess employee says something else, I would believe the written description. Princess employees have been known to get it wrong. 

You are so right!   My CVP could indeed be wrong.  However, for me it’s a moot point, as I immediately booked two more sailings.

6 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

You are so right!   My CVP could indeed be wrong.  However, for me it’s a moot point, as I immediately booked two more sailings.

The history probably doesn’t show anymore. Account, my profile , Cruise credits…

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1