Princess Zero Alcohol Package or Classic Soda Package for Virgin Daiquiris

justhavingfun

Hello, taking grandkids on cruise, they like Virgin Daiquiris of all kinds. I see the Zero Alcohol package says zero proof mocktails and the Classic Soda Package says mocktails. If I am reading this right, it means I can get the Classic Soda Package to be able for them to get their Virgin Daiquiris. Can anyone that had this package confirm that they will be able to get Virgin Daiquiris with the soda package.                      Thanks everyone.

Very cool you are taking the grandkids on a cruise 🙂 

Yes, the cheaper soda package includes virgin daiquiris as well as juice and soda.

If they don’t drink coffee or espresso drinks it’s half the price than the zero alcohol package.

I will leave it up to you to determine if it’s worth it at $17.30 a day/ per grandkid over the whole length of the cruise ($15 + 18% gratuity).

Cheers

image.thumb.png.cde2e9dbf55e9efd359b8a2dd5e7bb3f.png

• Like 2

Virgin drinks of all kinds are available with the less expensive package. Your grandchildren may well enjoy virgin Pina Coladas, Virgin Daiquiris (various flavors), Virgin Mojitos, etc. A Virgin Screwdriver should net them Orange Juice and a Virgin Martini may well get them a glass with an olive or two. 🤪 I often have a Virgin Gin and Tonic (Tonic and Lime) even when I have the full beverage package. It's light, refreshing, and non-alcoholic which makes for a nice "filler" drink that doesn't have an adverse effect. It's really tasty and they may well like to give it a try.)

Edited by Thrak

You might have them try the Virgin Margarita instead of the Virgin Daiquiris.  I prefer mine without rum instead if without tequila.

the Virgin Mojitos are very refreshing, but tend to only a few ounces of drink.  Very sweet if made with Sprite instead of seltzer.

6 hours ago, phabric said:

I take the Classic Soda Package and it includes unlimited soda from the soda gun, unlimited virgin drinks, and juice.  I like the virgin Dirty Banana drink.

Canned soda is now included.

7 hours ago, MargaretK54 said:

New to Princess. I don't drink alcohol but my husband does. Can I get the Soda Package and he get the Alcohol Package? Or do we both need to get the Alcohol Package?

No - you can purchase a non-alcohol version of the Plus package. I cruise with my minor daughter and I get the Plus with alcohol and she gets the Plus minus the alcohol (price adjusted to reflect no alcohol). Unsure, though, whether he can get the Plus package (including gratuities, etc.) and you merely get the classic beverage package (no gratuities, etc.).

23 hours ago, Senga said:

Canned soda is now included.

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I read that but has anyone confirmed it to be true?

The details are on the Princess website under Our Cruise Drink Packages.

The Plus Beverage Package and Premier Beverage Package terms & conditions both state "The package includes . . . fountain sodas . . .". They do not mention cans of soda, so canned soda would not be included.

The Zero Alcohol Package terms & conditions explicitly state "The package includes . . . fountain sodas, cans of soda, . . .". The Classic Soda Package terms & conditions state "The package includes all, fountain sodas, and cans of soda . . ."

So the person with the Plus or Premier package will be paying extra for the canned sodas that are included with the Zero Alcohol or Classic Soda package.

I did find one discrepancy in the terms & conditions. Both the Plus and Premier beverage package terms & conditions say "The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine and one-liter bottles of water." There is no mention of any discount on canned soda. However, the summary descriptions of both the Plus and Premier beverage packages both state they include "24% discount on large bottles of water and cans of soda." So the discount on canned soda is included in the summary descriptions of the packages but not in the detailed terms & conditions. I know everyone will be shocked at seeing an inconsistency in Princess documentation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...