Eating from the kids menu

rachiem

I've sailed on Celebrity 4 times but have only ever asked this question in Luminae, but in the MDR, if I'm not that hungry, can I just ask for something off of the children's menu?

Looking at the menus on the App next week, everything looks the same as previous sailings and sometimes I'd prefer something smaller.

Us Brits get embarrassed at asking 😉

1 minute ago, rachiem said:

I've sailed on Celebrity 4 times but have only ever asked this question in Luminae, but in the MDR, if I'm not that hungry, can I just ask for something off of the children's menu?

Looking at the menus on the App next week, everything looks the same as previous sailings and sometimes I'd prefer something smaller.

Us Brits get embarrassed at asking 😉

Yes. I've ordered the Mac n Cheeses on some of our cruises from the kids menu. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Thank you...sometimes it's nice to just have something simple 

I should have said, I ordered the Mac n Cheese to go with my entree from MDR menu. I like noodles better than potatoes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachiem said:

It no longer shows any kids Fillet Mignon on the App, so will be interested to see if it's been "pulled" from the options now

Ignore the app. Consistently inconsistent, IMO. Wait until you are onboard to see the menus. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rachiem said:

It no longer shows any kids Fillet Mignon on the App, so will be interested to see if it's been "pulled" from the options now

It has been pulled and has been replaced by sirloin on the kids menu.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rachiem said:

8 hours ago, doghog said:

Ignore the app. Consistently inconsistent, IMO. Wait until you are onboard to see the menus. 

8 hours ago, 39august said:

Is there some other steak on the kid's menu, please?

On the Beyond the Blu waiter said the new kids steak was short rib and should be fleetwide (I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't).  Even before with Filet it was a crap shoot as sometimes it wasn't on the menu but you could request it anyways

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ymncruise said:

Yes, I have ordered the kids spaghetti. I’ve been tempted to try the fish fingers. 

Try OVC.  They had a tray of fish fingers and not much else this winter as the result of the cutbacks.  Some reports that some other options are available from more recent months. 

We left the Equinox on Sunday, August 27. We were in a Sky Suite, so our Dining Room was Luminae. I was told that there is NO LONGER a kid’s filet (4 oz) available. Our beef choices were either Luminae’s, or the MDR. We really used to enjoy the small filet when nothing else seemed appealing.

8 hours ago, DingoMom said:

We left the Equinox on Sunday, August 27. We were in a Sky Suite, so our Dining Room was Luminae. I was told that there is NO LONGER a kid’s filet (4 oz) available. Our beef choices were either Luminae’s, or the MDR. We really used to enjoy the small filet when nothing else seemed appealing.

I think they just switched it. In July they still had the fillet, but in august, it was a different cut. 

9 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Try OVC.  They had a tray of fish fingers and not much else this winter as the result of the cutbacks.  Some reports that some other options are available from more recent months. 

I go for the fish and chips in OVC. They are usually pretty good at lunch. Last cruise one day they were good and later in the week, they were not. 

Thanks, Dingomom Sorry to hear that. We will be on EQ in 3 weeks. I will surely miss that filet. Who was your waiter, please? We have been in EQ Luminae about 4 times now and feel that we know several of the wait staff there. Hope some of them are still there, or back from vacation.