old plus package is now minus package

jrblach

3 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Had a very disappointing Princess cruise out of Sydney Australia this past February, but we are giving Princess one more change with a cruise around Australia this coming March.  However, with the recent changes to Plus package, we are thinking of just cancelling outright before final payment is due.  Too many other cruise line options.

Probably a smart idea to cancel outright but it's personal opinion and what the value is worth.  For me, these cuts are major for me since I never pay for specialty restaurants and that leaves on a few eating options for a longer cruise.

28 minutes ago, inspiration100 said:

Probably a smart idea to cancel outright but it's personal opinion and what the value is worth.  For me, these cuts are major for me since I never pay for specialty restaurants and that leaves on a few eating options for a longer cruise.

If you were on most Grand class ships you never had a free casual eating venues so what have you lost ?

7 hours ago, memoak said:

Just love eating a sandwich on my bed

I know it sounds humorous, but it's true. Unless you're in a full suite with a dining table, where do people actually eat their food? (other than a squashed balcony on a tiny table)

• Haha 1

My travel agent, who gave us the "Plus Package" as a gift informed me that Princess Views the "new additions" as a modification of their original package, and they have charged extra money for this.  Hence they do not feel that individuals who purchased the ""Original Plus" as a lesser price as not losing anything. 

However, despite this explanation, I do believe that they should have made it retroactive, in place of the negative comments they have generated in respect to this. 

32 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

My travel agent, who gave us the "Plus Package" as a gift informed me that Princess Views the "new additions" as a modification of their original package, and they have charged extra money for this.  Hence they do not feel that individuals who purchased the ""Original Plus" as a lesser price as not losing anything. 

However, despite this explanation, I do believe that they should have made it retroactive, in place of the negative comments they have generated in respect to this. 

so, you looked online for the standard fare - without PPlus, got the amount - then called your TA to book - and the TA gave you that standard fare price - but included $60 pppd as a 'gift'

or

are you looking at your travel summary and seeing PLUS as compliments of TA?

• Like 1

Just heard from the travel agent that it’ll cost £50 per day per passenger to upgrade to the new plus package, having a laugh I think we won’t bother. I’m also going to fine princess by cancelling a booked couples massage session

46 minutes ago, Drout said:

Just heard from the travel agent that it’ll cost £50 per day per passenger to upgrade to the new plus package, having a laugh I think we won’t bother. I’m also going to fine princess by cancelling a booked couples massage session

You are not taking money away from Princess since the spa is a franchise operation 

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how does the spa franchise pay Princess - flat fee? percentage of services/product?

Never thought to ask. Just wanted them to know that many operations on board ship are not actually Princess employees etc

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but Princess benefits

I don’t think they are going to worry about a few massages going away anymore than they worry about a handful of people reducing tips or not going to specialty dinners 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:49 AM, MissP22 said:

They simply don't care what their passengers think as there are to many people sailing lately.

Soon, all will be forgotten and people will just accept the new pricing without hesitation. (just like the loss of coffee cards, internet minutes, loyalty credit, candies on the pillow, bars of soap, wine and flute glasses in the cabin when boarding, beef medallions, etc.)

Friend of ours just back of the Sky Princess, she deducted all the extra charges she incurred on her sailing from her crew tips, I the end with room service fees, alfredos etc, totalled $120

33 minutes ago, antsp said:

Friend of ours just back of the Sky Princess, she deducted all the extra charges she incurred on her sailing from her crew tips, I the end with room service fees, alfredos etc, totalled $120

Because the waiters and the room stewards are responsible for all of the policy changes she didn't like?

This thread is supposed to be on the non-grandfathered changes to the Plus package. Your comment isn't about the Plus package, because your friend did not have the Plus package - the old one or the new one. If she had the Plus package, she would not have been able to reduce the included crew appreciation.

Edited by NavyVeteran
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

Because the waiters and the room stewards are responsible for all of the policy changes she didn't like?

This thread is supposed to be on the non-grandfathered changes to the Plus package. Your comment isn't about the Plus package, because your friend did not have the Plus package - the old one or the new one. If she had the Plus package, she would not have been able to reduce the included crew appreciation.

Would one go to a restaurant, notice a price increase because of inflation, and not leave a tip?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, memoak said:

Just makes all these folks look cheap. These are the same people who don’t tip Uber drivers and barbers 

UK tipping culture is very different to US. In the UK we generally tip if service exceeds expectations, not because someone has done their job satisfactorily. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

UK tipping culture is very different to US. In the UK we generally tip if service exceeds expectations, not because someone has done their job satisfactorily. 

Fancy living in a country that pays workers a living wage, regardless of how people tip. Very odd concept to an American 

• Like 2

We are just off the Caribbean Princess and I wanted to mention something that you aren't addressing in this thread.  We were on the Majestic in 2022 with the Plus 40 package and we had a choice of all kinds of nice wine.  When we got on the Caribbean Princess (8/30/23) we discovered that the only choice on wine was the varietal.  We didn't want to pay another $200 for the Premier package.  We really aren't that picky, but the chardonnay wasn't good (IMO) and we might have paid the up charge per glass, but those offerings weren't that good either.  It was really a night and day experience from the Majestic.  Perhaps it was addressed in another thread, but I missed it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dogsdogs said:

We are just off the Caribbean Princess and I wanted to mention something that you aren't addressing in this thread.  We were on the Majestic in 2022 with the Plus 40 package and we had a choice of all kinds of nice wine.  When we got on the Caribbean Princess (8/30/23) we discovered that the only choice on wine was the varietal.  We didn't want to pay another $200 for the Premier package.  We really aren't that picky, but the chardonnay wasn't good (IMO) and we might have paid the up charge per glass, but those offerings weren't that good either.  It was really a night and day experience from the Majestic.  Perhaps it was addressed in another thread, but I missed it.

About the only wine we order from the Plus package is the Pinot Grigio. If we want a red we order the old vine Zinfandel and pay the extra $3 plus gratuity. We mostly use the package for cocktails. On certain dinners we may use the 25% discount on a bottle of wine

Edited by memoak