Questions about Royal's Duck Tour in Boston

mets123

I have a few questions about this tour. Do they pick you up and return you back to Black Falcon in the duck boat, or is it by bus? After the tour, do they allow you to visit Fanuel Hall and provide transportation back to the ship at a later time, or do you have to go back to the ship right away? Thanks for your help.

49 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

If this is a ship's excursion, I would assume they pick up at the dock, and drop off at the dock. Assuming they are using the regular duck boats, there is no getting off until you are done.

Not to be rude but I'm not looking for assumptions. I know they pick up at the dock, but many ship tours give you the option of being dropped off at Fanuel Hall, and then catching a shuttle back to the ship at a later time.

6 hours ago, mets123 said:

Not to be rude but I'm not looking for assumptions. I know they pick up at the dock, but many ship tours give you the option of being dropped off at Fanuel Hall, and then catching a shuttle back to the ship at a later time.

In that case, you should ask Royal about their tour. I can tell you that a regular Duck Boat tour is a loop, with no stops, so I can only assume that it will start/stop at the dock. Have you  looked into just booking direct? The New England Aquarium is the closest stop to the port and is near Faneuil Hall.

14 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

I can tell you that a regular Duck Boat tour is a loop, with no stops, so I can only assume that it will start/stop at the dock. Have you  looked into just booking direct? The New England Aquarium is the closest stop to the port and is near Faneuil Hall.

A fair point- you’re just paying RCCL a premium commission to take the same duck tour that anyone can book. If you book direct and board/disembark at the NE Aquarium you’re right there at Faneuil Hall which is what it seems like you want to do anyway. You’d just need to take a quick/cheap Uber from the ship to the Aquarium and back. Takes the guess work out.