NCL Joy Flow Water quality vs Aqua Panna & Fiji water

Ozzieru1e

Is Aqua Panna or Fiji water available on NCL Joy?  It appears Flow water is the only type of water shown in cabin videos & pics.  I’ve never tried Flow water and was wondering if it had a clean taste.  Do anyone know if Flow water have as satisfying clean taste as Aqua Panna or Fiji water?  Thanks

5 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Is Aqua Panna or Fiji water available on NCL Joy?  It appears Flow water is the only type of water shown in cabin videos & pics.  I’ve never tried Flow water and was wondering if it had a clean taste.  Do anyone know if Flow water have as satisfying clean taste as Aqua Panna or Fiji water?  Thanks

IMG_4378.thumb.jpeg.4eb9c667c6e260f7cbd9fa924288780e.jpeg

It is available in your stateroom for $6.50 a bottle. 

I’ll qualify this by saying I grew up drinking facet water out of a dirty hose.  There was nothing as refreshing on a hot summer day.  

So, that’s where my taste buds are coming from. 

I’ve seen NCL’s water filtration system.  It’s probably cleaner water than what you get in those cartons.  Not familiar with the taste of Pelegríno, so can’t comment on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm a tap water kind of guy. Or, at least I was until my husband suggested I drink from the filtered pitcher in the refrigerator since we're on a well system. On cruise ships I drink from the tap...the cruise ship tap water is much better than Flow. Flow is disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Lucky us…on our next cruise we’re supposed to get 12 liters plus our 2) half-liters for Latitudes status.  The 6L pp was part of a failed promotion last November.  It will be interesting to see if they actually deliver it.  If they do…looks like I might have a hard time giving it away 🤣

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

IMG_4378.thumb.jpeg.4eb9c667c6e260f7cbd9fa924288780e.jpeg

It is available in your stateroom for $6.50 a bottle. 

I was afraid the Flow water would not be too pleasing.  I was introduced to Acqua Panna water on one of my NCL cruises between 2016-2019 and was surprised it tasted so refreshing.  I use to drink Poland Spring & Deer Park until I discovered Acqua Panna and Fiji water…I drink more water now besides wine 🍷 & champagne 🥂.  I’m also sorry NCL switched from Pepsi to Coke Cola.  I don’t like Coke Cola so I will be drinking Ginger Ale/Sprite when I want a soda.  Wow…$6.50 a bottle is too much.  I’ve paid $2.50 for 1.5 liter Fiji water in local supermarkets.  Can you get Acqua Panna at the bar in the Haven for free?

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Lucky us…on our next cruise we’re supposed to get 12 liters plus our 2) half-liters for Latitudes status.  The 6L pp was part of a failed promotion last November.  It will be interesting to see if they actually deliver it.  If they do…looks like I might have a hard time giving it away 🤣

I was hoping the Flow water would be okay since my Latitudes rewards indicates I would receive one carton of water 😟.  Now I don’t care if they deliver it or not!

19 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Wow…$6.50 a bottle is too much.

If you buy a case at any bar, its a lot cheaper. I think I paid $34 or $39 and received a case of 12 acqua panna. As for taste, I don't remember, when I reach for acqua panna, I already had consumed 10 others drinks.

6 hours ago, Cruising Lynne said:

I found that the Flow water is much better if you pour it into a clean glass. It tastes awful if you drink it straight out of the carton. I also grew up drinking from the garden hose on hot summer days, so am not too much of a water snob.

Everything seems to taste better in a glass.  I stopped drinking can sodas when I founded bottled sodas tasted better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

IMG_4376.thumb.jpeg.601378538a89b7f4d959a40d0974e2b0.jpeg
May 2023

The water was wonderful. The promotion only lasted a short while. I guess they figured it was too hard logistically to put a dozen boxes of water in 2000 staterooms every week. Kinda like the free 100 Photos which is caused overloads in the photoshop. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I was afraid the Flow water would not be too pleasing.  I was introduced to Acqua Panna water on one of my NCL cruises between 2016-2019 and was surprised it tasted so refreshing.  I use to drink Poland Spring & Deer Park until I discovered Acqua Panna and Fiji water…I drink more water now besides wine 🍷 & champagne 🥂.  I’m also sorry NCL switched from Pepsi to Coke Cola.  I don’t like Coke Cola so I will be drinking Ginger Ale/Sprite when I want a soda.  Wow…$6.50 a bottle is too much.  I’ve paid $2.50 for 1.5 liter Fiji water in local supermarkets.  Can you get Acqua Panna at the bar in the Haven for free?

If you select the Free at Sea beverage package (I forgot the current name of it), then upgrade to Premium Plus you can get Acqua Panna, Flow, or San Pelligrino at any bar that carries it for free? If not, you have to pay regardless of the bar, including the Haven and Vibe.

1 hour ago, Ozzieru1e said:

I was hoping the Flow water would be okay since my Latitudes rewards indicates I would receive one carton of water 😟.  Now I don’t care if they deliver it or not!

Unlike me, my husband finds Flow acceptable. So you might be surprised and enjoy it.

1 hour ago, destar said:

If you buy a case at any bar, its a lot cheaper. I think I paid $34 or $39 and received a case of 12 acqua panna. As for taste, I don't remember, when I reach for acqua panna, I already had consumed 10 others drinks.

Did you do this on NCL? They offered a case price at the bar?

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I’ll qualify this by saying I grew up drinking facet water out of a dirty hose.

Does anybody else remember "the Man Show?" (and is willing to admit it?).  They did a funny segment on bottled water.  Adam Corolla reminisced that "in my day, there were two types of water....tap and hose."  A lot of us grew up drinking from the hose in the back yard.🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Did you do this on NCL? They offered a case price at the bar?

Yes, while on the Prima last October, Ordered water from Penrose bar on deck 6, they send me a box of 12 Acqua Panna.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JamesIowa said:

I’m not a water snob by any means and have the unrefined palate of a peasant with a head cold. I can’t stand flow. 
There’s a sweet alkaline-ish taste that really makes one ponder how they can f something up so badly.

That’s because it’s alkaline water and marked right on the front.

Personally I love Flow water and drink it at home anytime I buy bottled water. I hate Nestle or Kirkland water or anything in a little plastic bottle.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

That’s because it’s alkaline water and marked right on the front.

Personally I love Flow water and drink it at home anytime I buy bottled water. I hate Nestle or Kirkland water or anything in a little plastic bottle.

Agree about bottled water in plastic bottles.  Taste the plastic, which I don’t like!

• Like 1

We bought 12 Flow waters for our cabin in March and thought it was good. It's an alkaline water so you can taste that, but we found it tasted great.

For us, the filtered water in the buffet or restaurants is fine too, but the chlorine in the tap water in the cabin makes it taste like pool water to us. Since we don't drink alcohol on the ship, we can afford to splurge on water we find pleasing.

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Agree about bottled water in plastic bottles.  Taste the plastic, which I don’t like!

I agree about the plastic taste too.  If you pour the water into a glass or water bottle it tastes better even Acqua Panna and Fiji water.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Acqua Panna and Fiji water.

Splurge on a cruise ship.  It's your vacation!

(We're all wired a bit differently -  me, I kind of shudder on the environmental waste of shipping bottled water from such distant lands when clean sources of tasty water are readily available.  To each their own...).

On 9/2/2023 at 8:54 PM, destar said:

Yes, while on the Prima last October, Ordered water from Penrose bar on deck 6, they send me a box of 12 Acqua Panna.

Interesting! Thank you! I may try to do this with San Pelligrino. I miss having decent club soda while onboard. The club soda out of the gun is ok, but drinking it straight from the bottle is so much better.