Refunds from Explora cancellations

travelberlin

5 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

That's very surprising as I can’t believe that’s the case as I’m sure that travel agents with clients on Explora would have been notified. I know mine was 

The communications particularly in the UK aren’t working correctly yet

3 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

That's very surprising as I can’t believe that’s the case as I’m sure that travel agents with clients on Explora would have been notified. I know mine was 

There seems to be as UKTog says a disparity between UK a& USA agencies lines of communication. My TA a confirmed neither she nor the HO of her company had had any prior notice , she found out when we told her what was on here. She has been in touch with Explora high ups and made her feelings known! 

This communication farrago on top of the the dubious business practices we’ve seen have really made us very wary of this line. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today I saw a partial refund posted to my credit card.  The amounts are equal to my two original deposits.  The remaining balance amount that I paid in full on August 25th has not been refunded yet.  Hopefully, I will see that processed next week.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, hencoll said:

Today I saw a partial refund posted to my credit card.  The amounts are equal to my two original deposits.  The remaining balance amount that I paid in full on August 25th has not been refunded yet.  Hopefully, I will see that processed next week.  

Could you tell us please when did you apply for your refund?

8 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Could you tell us please when did you apply for your refund?

My TA applied for my refund on August 30th.  

The remaining amount of my refund posted on my credit card account today.  So it took about 7 business days for my full refund.  

3 minutes ago, hencoll said:

My TA applied for my refund on August 30th.  

The remaining amount of my refund posted on my credit card account today.  So it took about 7 business days for my full refund.  

Thank you. I am glad you have received your full amount quickly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cruizepuppy@gmail.com said:

This is indeed worrisome. I was ready to pay the 5% discount if paid in full, on a Panama Canal Cruise departing May 24, 2024 for 7 nights. In your respected opinions, should I not do this? Thank you!

Personally having paid a cruise in full that was cancelled in early July a week before sailing and still not finalised all the refund and voucher recompense my answer is no

• Like 1

On 9/20/2023 at 7:35 PM, cruizepuppy@gmail.com said:

This is indeed worrisome. I was ready to pay the 5% discount if paid in full, on a Panama Canal Cruise departing May 24, 2024 for 7 nights. In your respected opinions, should I not do this? Thank you!

Not sure a 5% saving to pay a year in advance is worth it these days. You can make almost that with an online bank.

7 minutes ago, saminina said:

As previously typed, that is his comfort level.   Riding like a king in YC.   Something for everyone.

"I rather be a leader in a village , than be second at Rome." Julius Caesar

P.S. Do you think I need regression therapy?

Edited by morpheusofthesea
p.s.