Updated C&A Member Benefits schedule

cublet

48 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

On Wonder, 2 weeks ago, we were required to use all of our BOGO on days 1 and 2.  This week, on Grandeur, we were able to pay for our BOGO on day 1 and use the second half of each of our BOGO later in the week.  It's really just a coin toss.

And naturally the coin is going to land the wrong way on Wonder since that's all I'm sailing for a while, lol. (Yes, I know I may get a completely different answer when I try 9 months from now, I'm just pessimistic like that.)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've been able to get an espresso every night with the UDP

Thanks! I never really thought about it because I have always had either the DDP or the Refreshment Package. On our upcoming cruise, I don't think I am getting a drink package, and wasn't sure if I wanted to waste a voucher for a latte lol

22 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

Thanks! I never really thought about it because I have always had either the DDP or the Refreshment Package. On our upcoming cruise, I don't think I am getting a drink package, and wasn't sure if I wanted to waste a voucher for a latte lol

I'd save the voucher and just buy the latte; however, I prefer a caramel macchiato!!😜 Or, you could have them put a shot of your favorite libation in it too!😉 Cheers!

33 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

And naturally the coin is going to land the wrong way on Wonder since that's all I'm sailing for a while, lol. (Yes, I know I may get a completely different answer when I try 9 months from now, I'm just pessimistic like that.)

I see you say you are only sailing wonder for a while. Just curious why you only book wonder and then say how expensive. I booked 3 adventure because it goes to more interesting ports. Prices probably arent a lot better, but I try and break things up. Eastern and southern booked I cant wait to see new ports. And added the little 6 day over xmas 2024. Wish I had booked sooner, but took me until recently to get myself moving after my mom died. I sure missed some awesome prices had I booked back when she passed. Took me a bit to not feel disloyal and say out loud I will move late 2024. 

But you saw all those awesome adventure prices and booked wonder. Maybe wonder prices werent that bad when you booked? I wish I would be there sooner, when I see wonder april 2024, southern cheaper than april 2025. I've never been to DR and some others, and people dont post much about ports, so I dont know what's there. Another new eastern port, I forget. Grand bahamas over xmas. Several cc members were booked way early on the roll call. I'm looking forward to adventure. Never been on her before. .. all new experiences from florida. Cant wait. .. just curious. 

Just now, firefly333 said:

I see you say you are only sailing wonder for a while. Just curious why you only book wonder and then say how expensive.

I didn't want to quote your entire post, but I read it and will try to answer all of it below...

Where/when did I say how expensive it was? Not being defensive, just want to be on the same page. These are based on my personal valuations of course, but... my prices for my two March cruises weren't all that bad at all. June 2024 was a bit high but not terrible. July 2024 was a little more than I'd like to pay but it was WAY cheaper than going on the Utopia inaugural that I wanted to. These are also all refundable deposits so I can always cancel something but I think you knew that.

Why not Adventure - We sail more for the ship than the ports and I think you know how much I value food. Based on that, I didn't even price Adventure. I really don't want a ship with no Park Cafe, ELF, Playmakers, etc. I'm actually a WJ fan but I don't want to be limited to WJ and MDR (we haven't really liked the MDR in forever).

Why Wonder - Based on my June Wonder cruise and past sailings, it's pretty much the ideal ship for our preferences and routines so that obviously holds value to us.

Other factors - We're limited to Spring Break and June/July right now. Also, I didn't price or book any of these until March-June of the current year. I was never one to book early and I had no idea what a TA group rate was until I saw prices going nuts and realized it would be highly unlikely to find good last minute deals like to which I have always been accustom (as recently as last October* when we were able to go on a 4-day Indy cruise with a base of $129pp during a GGG sale).

*If my wife still had the position she had last year and was able, I would have loved to book Mariner this October. I saw some 8-nighters with a base price in the low $400 range in the most recent GGG sale. Just pointing out that it doesn't have to be Wonder; Mariner at least has Playmakers though. If Mariner wasn't being replaced by Adventure, I likely would have looked into it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Not since the restart.

13 minutes ago, Joe007 said:

So RCCL Crown & Anchor took this benefit away as of September 1, 2023???

I dont remember the exact restart date, but I believe close to august 2021? Some terminals have you sit with others and call by loyalty like Galveston. Too many maybe now to sit by loyalty level? But the priority boarding isnt what it was before covid. But usually for me they called D+ to board after suites, key, hc, pinns. 

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

I'd save the voucher and just buy the latte; however, I prefer a caramel macchiato!!😜 Or, you could have them put a shot of your favorite libation in it too!😉 Cheers!

I got the Coffee Card and the water package... So I think I will be OK but I didn't think it was good in the specialty restaurants.
I'm weird... I like caramel macchiato in the morning, french vanilla occasionally after dinner, and any frappe in the afternoon  lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I didn't want to quote your entire post, but I read it and will try to answer all of it below...

Where/when did I say how expensive it was? Not being defensive, just want to be on the same page. These are based on my personal valuations of course, but... my prices for my two March cruises weren't all that bad at all. June 2024 was a bit high but not terrible. July 2024 was a little more than I'd like to pay but it was WAY cheaper than going on the Utopia inaugural that I wanted to. These are also all refundable deposits so I can always cancel something but I think you knew that.

Why not Adventure - We sail more for the ship than the ports and I think you know how much I value food. Based on that, I didn't even price Adventure. I really don't want a ship with no Park Cafe, ELF, Playmakers, etc. I'm actually a WJ fan but I don't want to be limited to WJ and MDR (we haven't really liked the MDR in forever).

Why Wonder - Based on my June Wonder cruise and past sailings, it's pretty much the ideal ship for our preferences and routines so that obviously holds value to us.

Other factors - We're limited to Spring Break and June/July right now. Also, I didn't price or book any of these until March-June of the current year. I was never one to book early and I had no idea what a TA group rate was until I saw prices going nuts and realized it would be highly unlikely to find good last minute deals like to which I have always been accustom (as recently as last October* when we were able to go on a 4-day Indy cruise with a base of $129pp during a GGG sale).

*If my wife still had the position she had last year and was able, I would have loved to book Mariner this October. I saw some 8-nighters with a base price in the low $400 range in the most recent GGG sale. Just pointing out that it doesn't have to be Wonder; Mariner at least has Playmakers though. If Mariner wasn't being replaced by Adventure, I likely would have looked into it.

You have no need to explain your decisions.  What works for you...works.   And if we were all the same, that would be sad.   Can you imagine only one flavor of ice cream at Baskins Robins?  😉 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

You have no need to explain your decisions.  What works for you...works.   And if we were all the same, that would be sad.   Can you imagine only one flavor of ice cream at Baskins Robins?  😉 

Oh I know. I like discussing personal preferences because you know I'm a big believer in how big a role they play in cruising and why it's such a good vacation choice because of that. So many different ways one can enjoy a cruise (and of course choice of ship/itinerary can impact that).

Firefly and I have discussed some of this stuff before so no worries but thanks for the support.

21 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh I know. I like discussing personal preferences because you know I'm a big believer in how big a role they play in cruising and why it's such a good vacation choice because of that. So many different ways one can enjoy a cruise (and of course choice of ship/itinerary can impact that).

Firefly and I have discussed some of this stuff before so no worries but thanks for the support.

OK...LOL...I will still always have your back my friend.  😉 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 9:25 AM, RFerrington said:

On Wonder, 2 weeks ago, we were required to use all of our BOGO on days 1 and 2.  This week, on Grandeur, we were able to pay for our BOGO on day 1 and use the second half of each of our BOGO later in the week.  It's really just a coin toss.

We had the same experience on Harmony a few years ago. When my wife pointed out we just did it on our last cruise the maitre d' at Giovanni's literally said, "We don't do that on this ship." 

• Like 1