Will make Ambassador next cruise. The 'Ambassador' latitudes pin has the name of the CEO on it? (Pic)

fstuff1

Found via google:

image.png.83e2c65b2f49ecb2d17d4e1e30fbd6ab.png

Harry Sommer, the Chief Executive of Norwegian Cruise Line

I was going to wear this pin on my shirt collar all cruise long after i make Ambassador.

Will make it at end of year's Viva cruise so will wear it on cruise after that. (and might wear it for ALL cruises after that 😲)

But with that Harry S. name on it, people will think my name is Harry. (And it's not) 

if you've worn your Ambassador pin proudly, did people think your name was Harry?

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 6

• fstuff1 changed the title to Will make Ambassador next cruise. The 'Ambassador' latitudes pin has the name of the CEO on it? (Pic)
25 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Found via google:

image.png.83e2c65b2f49ecb2d17d4e1e30fbd6ab.png

Harry Sommer, the Chief Executive of Norwegian Cruise Line

I was going to wear this pin on my shirt collar all cruise long after i make Ambassador.

Will make it at end of year's Viva cruise so will wear it on cruise after that. (and might wear it for ALL cruises after that 😲)

But with that Harry S. name on it, people will think my name is Harry. (And it's not) 

if you've worn your Ambassador pin proudly, did people think your name was Harry?

Your name would be on the pin not Harry's.  Probably used his name as an example.  

As of this past July 1st, Harry Sommer is no longer CEO of Norwegian, now CEO of Norwegian Holding Company.

9 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Your name would be on the pin not Harry's.  Probably used his name as an example.  

As of this past July 1st, Harry Sommer is no longer CEO of Norwegian, now CEO of Norwegian Holding Company.

oh wow.. thx!

so the cruise after i make ambassador, they will have a personalized pin for me?

hm.. what if i lose it? i ask for another and there will be one waiting for me next cruise?

also, whats the one time special ambassador gift (besides the free 7day cruise) thats listed in the benefits?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

By default, Harry is CEO of all 3 of NCL Holding's companies...NCL, Regent, Oceana. The executive team below him are Vice Presidents and Presidents and such. Nobody but Harry holds the title of CEO. https://www.nclhltd.com/investors/company-information/executive-team

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

oh wow.. thx!

so the cruise after i make ambassador, they will have a personalized pin for me?

hm.. what if i lose it? i ask for another and there will be one waiting for me next cruise?

also, whats the one time special ambassador gift (besides the free 7day cruise) thats listed in the benefits?

It's not like you walk up to the Cruise Next desk and ask for your Ambassador pin. I received a call from NCL asking me how I wanted my name to appear on the pin then it took around six months to actually receive it in the mail.

Not sure if the Ambassador gift is still the same but when I became Ambassador a few years ago, I received a beautiful travel duffel bag made by Away. It has the NCL logo and Latitudes Ambassador stitched on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coastalbreezes said:

It's not like you walk up to the Cruise Next desk and ask for your Ambassador pin. I received a call from NCL asking me how I wanted my name to appear on the pin then it took around six months to actually receive it in the mail.

Not sure if the Ambassador gift is still the same but when I became Ambassador a few years ago, I received a beautiful travel duffel bag made by Away. It has the NCL logo and Latitudes Ambassador stitched on it.

Thank you for posting your experience!  It's nice to have an idea of what we "might" (knowing that things can change) receive.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

thx!

how long after making ambassador did they call you?

5 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Nice!

22 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

thx!

how long after making ambassador did they call you?

It was a few months for me. I have friends who didn't receive their pins for nearly 10 months (when they called they were always given an excuse such as "supply chain issues". Hopefully the process is smoother now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 5:14 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

I received a call from NCL asking me how I wanted my name to appear on the pin then it took around six months to actually receive it in the mail.

Apparently you don't have to use your real name for the Ambassador pin.

GodEmperor, I Like Ice Cream, Bad at Poker, etc.
Soooo many possibilities 😄

Edited by fstuff1
  • Haha 2

I had never heard of pins before.  My last cruise was my first as platinum, so I went to the cruise next desk to embarkation to find out about the wine tasting and behind the scenes tour.  They gave me a pin for platinum.  I later found out I should have received a pin for each level below platinum.  I never knew about it, and I never had a reason to go the cruisenext desk before.  so, oh well.....  I also received some nice trinkets from the veteran's program.  Especially the ship patch.  I'll make sure to collect those patches.going forward

12 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Apparently you don't have to use your real name for the Ambassador pin.

GodEmperor, I Like Ice Cream, Bad at Poker, etc.
Soooo many possibilities 😄

Wish I'd thought of this lol. I actually told them I'd like my full name on the pin yet when it arrived it had only my first name and last initial on it. 😑🤔