Live from Britannia B322 - first cruise after crash

db51

11 hours ago, Cathygh said:

I don't know why these things are inconsistent across the fleet. On Arcadia in August we had the biscotti and the free cakes. Staff shortage may be?

It’s inconsistent between cruises on the same ship as well! We were on Britannia in July and if you ordered a coffee you were offered a free (thin) slice of banana loaf. On Iona 2 weeks ago you were given one of those concrete like mini biscuits, but no cake 😂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ginb56 said:

Just to clarify, on Britannia there is the Java coffee lounge for Costa (and no biscotti or little free cakes currently). The Market Cafe has the patisserie paid-for cakes in addition to drinks, or they do a good value package price for drink and cake choice. Still no biscotti with their Costa drinks either sadly…we did enjoy a little dunk!
We also miss the little jars of nuts ‘n nibbles they used to give you evenings in the bars with your drinks. Oh the good old days pre covid eh? 🫤

I used to enjoy the nibbles with pre-dinner drinks as well…until I noticed on one evening we were sat in line with the bar area. Any nibbles left in the jar were taken back behind the bar and placed in the large container from which the nibbles were procured. Fine if you believe all the fingers that have been in the nibbles were squeaky clean, but we all know that wouldn’t be the case🤮.

• Like 1

Sad to hear some of the reports of poor service and decor on Britannia. We thought things were gradually getting back to normal on P&O. We were on her earlier in the summer and found the MDR very good. We had a slow emptying shower that was never fixed despite several reports but otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed almost everything. Epicurean (not used it before) a big disappointment: had to send a steak back as it was all gristle (never sent a meal back in our cruising time). My wife had to eat her meal while a replacement steak was cooked and then had to wait for me to finish mine. A minimal apology was offered. 
Also been on Sky Princess this year (similar class to Britannia) better in some way but lacking in others. Cabins serviced twice a day. Decent quality table tennis balls supplied (catch up, P&O) - but competitions played to seven points!  (read ents officer wants to be someplace, anywhere else.)  Staff very cheerful -some worryingly so…did we really want the waiter in Rudi’s to serenade us (fortissimo) with Stevie Wonder songs as he boned and served the fish? Full daily schedule of entertainment but most of it is un hosted so little goes on. Sun beds on Sky definitely an endangered species and seats in any venue almost impossible to come by. Theatre shows probably better than Headliners (& not played with the volume turned up to 11) having said that, we enjoyed Mr Tickerton’s Circus (?) a new show (to us) on Britannia. It’s a long time since I’ve seen the Yes/No Interlude but that has resurfaced as Live Lounge evening entertainment on Sky…it missed the charismatic Bob Danvers-Walker!
One thing I would like to see imported from Princess to P&O is Pickleball. Good fun (the rules etc. we’re explained to us by US passengers - you’ve guessed it, it was un hosted.)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Grandad John said:

I used to enjoy the nibbles with pre-dinner drinks as well…until I noticed on one evening we were sat in line with the bar area. Any nibbles left in the jar were taken back behind the bar and placed in the large container from which the nibbles were procured. Fine if you believe all the fingers that have been in the nibbles were squeaky clean, but we all know that wouldn’t be the case🤮.

😱😱

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoying the cruise. Yes Britannia is a little rough around the edges, and in fact the electricity went off altogether today with the ship not moving at all - a sensor problem apparently - it was slightly worrying when everything went out, the ship stopped and it went to the backup generators! Despite the lack of nightly chocolates ( even in suites-  which is new since February), the less than amazing desserts in the mdr ( why so few hot ones) and pre making the Costa coffees ( they prefroth a big jug of milk, then pre pour the coffee into individual helpings instead of freshly making it from the machine for each customer- the result is awful- I’m making it in my cabin with the coffee maker from now on), yes despite small niggles the ports have been amazing- Helsinki beautiful, Tallinn fantastic old buildings and Visby beautiful- so peaceful, and the ship is somehow quite cosy. Weather has been consistently good and seas have been very calm. Entertainment tonight from the Grafitti Classics was brilliant fun. Although the ship is full, the pools are fairly empty, the pool table is often free and deck games are usually available. There are not many children on board which helps. Our 20 year old ‘ children’ are having a brilliant time - they even started ballroom dancing today! 

• Like 13

We’re thoroughly enjoying this Scandinavian cruise on Britannia too. Very lucky with the weather - haven’t needed brollies or raincoats yet! Coming back with a suntan from the Baltic…

Visby is just beautiful and lovely to walk round at your leisure, so many charming eateries and shops too. Just be warned, it’s quite hilly and cobbled, plus a good mile each way to walk from port. Shuttles were only for passengers registered with mobility issues and going back and forth fairly empty. Overheard a lot of justified grumbles from people who found the walk too long, in addition to all the walking round the old city, and why couldn’t the shuttles have been better used. 
Graffiti Classics in the theatre last night was absolutely terrific - don’t miss them if on your cruise. A mix of hilarity, terrific classical music but tongue in cheek and super audience participation - a well deserved standing ovation!  
Also recommend joining the passenger choir on longer cruises, run by the Headliner vocalists - open to anyone, no singing experience needed, practices held on sea days, great fun - we’re doing our performance on the last sea day in the atrium and it’ll sound amazing! 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ginb56 said:

We’re thoroughly enjoying this Scandinavian cruise on Britannia too. Very lucky with the weather - haven’t needed brollies or raincoats yet! Coming back with a suntan from the Baltic…

Visby is just beautiful and lovely to walk round at your leisure, so many charming eateries and shops too. Just be warned, it’s quite hilly and cobbled, plus a good mile each way to walk from port. Shuttles were only for passengers registered with mobility issues and going back and forth fairly empty. Overheard a lot of justified grumbles from people who found the walk too long, in addition to all the walking round the old city, and why couldn’t the shuttles have been better used. 
Graffiti Classics in the theatre last night was absolutely terrific - don’t miss them if on your cruise. A mix of hilarity, terrific classical music but tongue in cheek and super audience participation - a well deserved standing ovation!  
Also recommend joining the passenger choir on longer cruises, run by the Headliner vocalists - open to anyone, no singing experience needed, practices held on sea days, great fun - we’re doing our performance on the last sea day in the atrium and it’ll sound amazing! 

On our Princess cruise to the Baltic there were two local shuttles to Visby. We took the one to the top gate and zig zagged down through the town and then caught the one that left from the seashore back to the ship. The walk did indeed look very long. 

On 9/8/2023 at 10:47 AM, Ilovemygarden said:

Morning folks - Kevin Simm and Andy Abraham are listed as the entertainment in the Limelight Club for my forthcoming cruise on Britannia.   Would any of you who have seen them care to comment?    Thanks in advance.

On 9/4/2023 at 9:21 AM, Megabear2 said:

Sorry that you are having sleepless nights, hopefully now you have highlighted it they will ensure the noise is reduced.

If you have time could you expand on your comment about tatty? Comparisons between what has changed condition wise between October last year and now would be extremely helpful.

Recent returnees from Britannia cruises who post here have stated they found her in good and excellent condition but they are people who have not sailed on her for a number of years.  As a recent return visitor it would be extremely helpful to know what you have seen deterioration in.

I sailed on Britannia last December and she was in fine condition so any deterioration you have noticed has presumably occurred during 2023.

I hope you start to enjoy your current cruise more than to date.

Thank you.

We are also inboard the baltic cruise, currently in Copenhagen,

Regarding the noise when repairing the damaged ceiling, you are lucky you are not aft starboard above the recent damage, they have a team of engineers onboard every day from 7am to around 5pm, cutting away the damaged steelwork, cutting to size then installing new deck plates and installing new life rafts, so its every day of hammering, cutting welding grinding etc etc, our balcony is deck 9, the damage is deck 7,  as you can imagine hardly the first class cruise we were promised, very negative comments were made on our 1st impressions slip by us, a visit to reception, any feedback, nope nothing, everyone around this area is pretty disgusted, hardly surprising is it20230901_152032.thumb.jpg.f597fd868877b1d39c16abf20b1960f6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1