Car service from Sorrento to Positano

krb1000

We will be doing the same for the same reasons. We are planning on taking the ferry. I haven’t looked up exact schedules but it is a nice way to arrive in Positano vs all the stairs. Just an idea. 
Also agree that Rome in Limo has excellent reviews and will look to them for disembarking. 

48 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

When is this visit?  And what are the hours of the visit?  If the timing aligns it would be a lot less expensive and probably faster to take the ferry.

Our visit is Sunday September 24…

49 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We will be doing the same for the same reasons. We are planning on taking the ferry. I haven’t looked up exact schedules but it is a nice way to arrive in Positano vs all the stairs. Just an idea. 
Also agree that Rome in Limo has excellent reviews and will look to them for disembarking. 

Thank you for this suggestion…I believe the restaurant is a bit of a distance from the ferry …we are older and wish a direct drive from Sorrento port to the restaurant. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, euro cruiser said:

When is this visit?  And what are the hours of the visit?  If the timing aligns it would be a lot less expensive and probably faster to take the ferry.

September 24…we are in port overnight from 9/23 until 7:00 pm on 9/24…we are older and really need direct transport from port to our restaurant 

2 hours ago, krb1000 said:

September 24…we are in port overnight from 9/23 until 7:00 pm on 9/24…we are older and really need direct transport from port to our restaurant 

I hope you have a lovely time!  Enjoy every moment. Let us know how it all rolls out for you, and hopefully in such a positive memory! 

• Like 1

Well, you will be tendered into the same port that the ferry leaves from, so that part would be easy.  At the other end, however, in Positano, unless your restaurant is near the waterfront you'd have a hike uphill.

Here is a list of car services you can reach out to for quotes.  A taxi will be far more expensive than a car service.

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

http://sorrentocars.com/

https://www.guemartravel.com/

Sorrento Silver Star - Car Service - Private Driver - Amalfi Coast Tour

• Like 1

2 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

Well, you will be tendered into the same port that the ferry leaves from, so that part would be easy.  At the other end, however, in Positano, unless your restaurant is near the waterfront you'd have a hike uphill.

Here is a list of car services you can reach out to for quotes.  A taxi will be far more expensive than a car service.

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

http://sorrentocars.com/

https://www.guemartravel.com/

Sorrento Silver Star - Car Service - Private Driver - Amalfi Coast Tour

Would a car service be able to bring them to the restaurant without them having to walk down that steep hill? 

13 hours ago, krb1000 said:

we are older and wish a direct drive from Sorrento port to the restaurant. 

By choosing Positano you have made the journey  and access to the restaurant more difficult.

Are you already aware of the new driving restrictions for the Amalfi coastal route introduced this year? You would need to check if they are relaxed by your September travel date.   Also the rules in Positano for non-residents when it comes to driving into Positano and the parking restrictions.

I advise that, for a less challenging outing, consider round trip ferry and choose a restaurant close to the waterfront which you can walk to, or consider choosing a location other than Positano.

Edited by edinburgher

1 hour ago, euro cruiser said:

The rules for driving do not apply to professional drivers (car services or taxis) so that won't be an issue for them.

As for how close they can get to the restaurant, it depends on the location.  If the OP posts the name/address of the restaurant we can answer that.

The restaurant is Le Bonta del Capo

And thank you all for taking the time to help us out😊

41 minutes ago, krb1000 said:

The restaurant is Le Bonta del Capo

And thank you all for taking the time to help us out😊

Well, the good news is that it looks accessible by car.

The bad news is that it is nowhere near Positano! It's between Priano and Amalfi. 

• Like 1

Assuming this is the place:  Home - Ristorante Le Bontà del Capo (lebontadelcapo.it)

It's in Conca dei Marini, about eleven miles further east from Positano.  From the marina in Sorrento this is about 21 miles, which doesn't sound like much but will take at least an hour and a quarter by car from Sorrento.

A car service is really your only option, there are no ferries near here and even the Sita bus would still require a significant, steeply uphill (including stairs) walk from the bus stop.

Edited by euro cruiser
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your suggestions…we have decided to engage a driver while in Naples (we visit Naples later in our cruise)…he is going to take us on a scenic drive to the restaurant, after lunch he’ll take us around for a bit and return us to the Port.

We’ve decided to spend our Sorrento day on a boat tour around Capri, visit some caves…perhaps swim a bit.

I really do appreciate the folks on this board who took the time to respond to my question…you helped clarify for me my choices.

Thanks again ♥️

• Like 1