I am stuck in Blue Lane

Coral

On 9/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, Coral said:

I booked a last minute cruise. I am stuck in Blue Lane. I think the problem is with the medallion order. I selected a generic medallion and generic lanyard and said that I would pick it up at the pier (no charge). I don't have Plus on this trip (not yet, still undecided but if I get it, it will be on the ship). I will be doing a land trip for a week before the cruise so I don't want it shipped to my house.

I can't get out of Blue Lane. Any tips?

I discovered that if you opt to pick it up at the pier, you'll stay in the Blue Lane. It even says it, "You can pick it up in the Blue Lane at the pier." Once I changed to have it shipped to me, I was in the Green Lane.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bassmk said:

I discovered that if you opt to pick it up at the pier, you'll stay in the Blue Lane. It even says it, "You can pick it up in the Blue Lane at the pier." Once I changed to have it shipped to me, I was in the Green Lane.

As you may have read above in this thread, it is a new policy/procedure change implemented by Princess around first of August (timing varied by ports).  For some unknown reason, they have designated the Green Lane only for those guests with Medallions in hand and everyone else has to use Blue Lane - no matter how Ocean Ready one is.  There is also supposed to be a Gray Lane for special needs guests.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

As you may have read above in this thread, it is a new policy/procedure change implemented by Princess around first of August (timing varied by ports).  For some unknown reason, they have designated the Green Lane only for those guests with Medallions in hand and everyone else has to use Blue Lane - no matter how Ocean Ready one is.  There is also supposed to be a Gray Lane for special needs guests.

I wondered if it was new. Last October I was Green Lane and picked up my Medallion at the port.

• Like 1

For those who are debating whether or not Princess replaces the battery or simply replaces the Medallion I invite you to peruse this thread and take note of the pictures that are included and then make up your own mind regarding battery replacement vs. Medallion replacement.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 11:00 AM, coo359a2 said:

I pre punch a hole in the luggage tags before leaving home.  Then use a tiny ziptie to attach the luggage tag to the suitcase either at the hotel or before dropping off the luggage.  No need to ask anyone if they have a stapler.  

I bought a pack of card stock paper by mistake.  Makes a very good luggage tag.

This is what we do also, except we cover the tags with packing tape.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Thrak said:

For those who are debating whether or not Princess replaces the battery or simply replaces the Medallion I invite you to peruse this thread and take note of the pictures that are included and then make up your own mind regarding battery replacement vs. Medallion replacement.

CR2025, I’ve got plenty of those!

Another thing to pack! 😂

That thread was 4 years ago and you know they have improved it!

Just like the improvements now with IT! 🥴

They have a machine in the back, that opens it and replaces the CR2025, only 2 mins. 😳

I had you going…right?  🤣🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yep, easy peasy to swap out the battery 🤣

In June '23 we boarded Ruby Princess in SF for a 10 day Alaska. We were green lane but it would have been better to be blue lane. There were so many green laners that our line was huge while we saw blue lane people directed to another much shorter line and they were boarding ahead of us. There wasn't any elite lane.  Looks like Princess hasn't gotten the new system quite worked out yet.

4 hours ago, warthog2608 said:

In June '23 we boarded Ruby Princess in SF for a 10 day Alaska. We were green lane but it would have been better to be blue lane. There were so many green laners that our line was huge while we saw blue lane people directed to another much shorter line and they were boarding ahead of us. There wasn't any elite lane.  Looks like Princess hasn't gotten the new system quite worked out yet.

Then, why didn’t you just go through the blue lane?  The VP, in the webinar said you could use any lane. 
They need to keep the priority lane, instead of creating more problems.  it’s not simplified.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then, why didn’t you just go through the blue lane?  The VP, in the webinar said you could use any lane. 
They need to keep the priority lane, instead of creating more problems.  it’s not simplified.

We wanted to but the Princess person directed us to the green lane and we didn't have the option. Once we were in the green lane we were stuck there in a large group in a cordoned off long line. What Princess says often doesn't match what Princess does.

On 9/4/2023 at 5:03 PM, Coral said:

I booked a last minute cruise. I am stuck in Blue Lane. I think the problem is with the medallion order. I selected a generic medallion and generic lanyard and said that I would pick it up at the pier (no charge). I don't have Plus on this trip (not yet, still undecided but if I get it, it will be on the ship). I will be doing a land trip for a week before the cruise so I don't want it shipped to my house.

I can't get out of Blue Lane. Any tips?

If you are picking up your medallion at the terminal, that's why you're in Blue lane. If you've done already everything else, should still be a quick boarding.