I am stuck in Blue Lane

Coral

I booked a last minute cruise. I am stuck in Blue Lane. I think the problem is with the medallion order. I selected a generic medallion and generic lanyard and said that I would pick it up at the pier (no charge). I don't have Plus on this trip (not yet, still undecided but if I get it, it will be on the ship). I will be doing a land trip for a week before the cruise so I don't want it shipped to my house.

I can't get out of Blue Lane. Any tips?

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I booked a last minute cruise. I am stuck in Blue Lane. I think the problem is with the medallion order. I selected a generic medallion and generic lanyard and said that I would pick it up at the pier (no charge). I don't have Plus on this trip (not yet, still undecided but if I get it, it will be on the ship). I will be doing a land trip for a week before the cruise so I don't want it shipped to my house.

No medallion order no green lane. All the blue lane means you have to pick up the medallion should hold you up a while 2 minutes 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

No medallion order no green lane. All the blue lane means you have to pick up the medallion should hold you up a while 2 minutes 

That is weird. In May I was green lane and I picked up my medallion at the pier. It did take under a minute. Same pier.

Technically I have ordered it - ordered it to be picked up at the pier.

I wondered what changed between May and now.

Edited by Coral

I think it was 2 or 3 months ago Princess put a new policy in place regarding the lanes. Now you remain in blue lane if you pick up your medallions at the port. We were green lane on our upcoming cruise but went to blue lane when the new policy took effect. Nothing to be concerned about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coral said:

That is weird. In May I was green lane and I picked up my medallion at the pier. It did take under a minute. Same pier.

Technically I have ordered it - ordered it to be picked up at the pier.

I wondered what changed between May and now.

It changed in August with the plus package “enhancements”.  We have always been able to be in the green lane even though we had to get our medallions at the pier, until this cruise we are on now. We were in the green lane and it bumped us back to blue when the changes happened. I think only plus/premier package people who get the medallion shipping included or those who pay for it can be green now.

Honestly, it made almost no difference in San Pedro.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This change being in the Blue lane when picking up the Medallion at the port was announced at a webinar about 10 days ago.

IMG_7121.jpeg

Thanks! I obviously wasn't paying attention.

I actually booked a land trip for the fall. I later realized that there will be a ship in port the day I was going to fly out and decided to do a repo cruise as it was priced  pretty reasonable. So I extended my land trip with a cruise. 

I really am looking at taking more land trips! The cruise just got added this weekend.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, that said:

Bon Voyage. Hope to read your live🤞🏻

We will see! It is a repo cruise and I don't have anything exciting planned right now. Though one can always have fun in San Francisco and San Diego. I have always wanted to visit Victoria/Butchart gardens in the fall.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

It changed in August with the plus package “enhancements”.  We have always been able to be in the green lane even though we had to get our medallions at the pier, until this cruise we are on now. We were in the green lane and it bumped us back to blue when the changes happened. I think only plus/premier package people who get the medallion shipping included or those who pay for it can be green now.

Honestly, it made almost no difference in San Pedro.

Did you recently leave from San Pedro?  After Aug 2nd?

Wonder how the lines were now there’s only Green, blue and gray?  

Did they direct you

to an Elite checkin lane, once inside?  Or, after checkin did you have an Elite/Platinum area for boarding?

TIA

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you recently leave from San Pedro?  After Aug 2nd?

Wonder how the lines were now there’s only Green, blue and gray?  

Did they direct you

to an Elite checkin lane, once inside?  Or, after checkin did you have an Elite/Platinum area for boarding?

TIA

I didn't go through San Pedro, but Seattle instead. (last week) No more Elite line for check-in, Just Blue- Green - and Gray.  However, there was an Elite Suite area for boarding.   

Edited by dweeb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Because you are picking up at the pier. Everyone who does this is permanently in the blue lane.

Our cruise date is 26 Sept and will be picking up our Medallions at the pier.  For this cruise, we have always been in the Green Lane and still there as of tonight.  Have been picking up our Medallions at the pier since 2022 and has only taken a few extra minutes to get our Medallions.

• Like 1

We were Green Lane and were cleared to have our Medallions shipped to us for free. Then we added extra cruises onto the front end of our trip. Now we are Blue Lane and I wonder if our original Medallions will still be shipped to us for the original bookings. With "real IT" that would no longer happen but with "Princess IT" they may well still ship them to our home even though we will already have been at sea for a month.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Our cruise date is 26 Sept and will be picking up our Medallions at the pier.  For this cruise, we have always been in the Green Lane and still there as of tonight.  Have been picking up our Medallions at the pier since 2022 and has only taken a few extra minutes to get our Medallions.

Have you cruised since August 2nd?

That’s when the lane changes happened and you’re only Green/blue/gray.

Don’t be surprised, if about 11 days or less before departure you turn blue.  Others have reported this, because they are port pickup, after this last change.

Let us know.

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We were Green Lane and were cleared to have our Medallions shipped to us for free. Then we added extra cruises onto the front end of our trip. Now we are Blue Lane and I wonder if our original Medallions will still be shipped to us for the original bookings. With "real IT" that would no longer happen but with "Princess IT" they may well still ship them to our home even though we will already have been at sea for a month.

Extra on the front end?

Is this a b2b on the same ship?

If so, then it would go by the first leg.  You need to order for the first leg, pickup or ship.

Also, if it’s not the same ship or a true b2b, then you would edit the order for pickup at port instead.

Are you just testing them?🤔

Edited by PacnGoNow

15 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Extra on the front end?

Is this a b2b on the same ship?

If so, then it would go by the first leg.  You need to order for the first leg, pickup or ship.

Also, if it’s not the same ship or a true b2b, then you would edit the order for pickup at port instead.

Are you just testing them?🤔

We were originally booked for 32 days on Grand Princess and were Green Lane and our Medallions were being shipped to us. We were flying to Melbourne to start the cruises. They we decided not to fly to Australia to start the cruises but, instead, get on Grand Princess in San Francisco and sail 31 days to Australia and then do the originally booked cruises. We ended up with segments of 24 days, 2 days, 5 days, 14 days, 4 days, and 14 days for a total of 63 days on Grand Princess.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Have you cruised since August 2nd?

That’s when the lane changes happened and you’re only Green/blue/gray.

Don’t be surprised, if about 11 days or less before departure you turn blue.  Others have reported this, because they are port pickup, after this last change.

Let us know.

I boarded Emerald at San Pedro on August 5 and it was a pretty long wait compared to when I boarded on July 22 when they had an Elite line. On August 5 at San Pedro no Elite line, just, blue, green and grey. Wait time on July 22 at San Pedro was about 5 minutes, August 5, it took me over 40 minutes to get to front of line to pick up medallion, so No, it will not be just a few minutes, that was my experience on August 5.

• Thanks 2