I am stuck in Blue Lane

Coral

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Unacceptable IMO - especially if sometime during those >40 minutes general boarding began.  

What were the agents doing who handled Green Lane guests when that line was empty? 

PCL is making big mistake here.  At least for the period of time from doors open to some minutes after start of general boarding (until the terminal waiting area is cleared).  I'd be Jonesing for a different lane (per Carmen Roig, VP Sales in July webinar).

Agree.  Many of those in the blue lane, may only need to pickup a OM, while others are mixed in and haven’t even finished their check in, thus delaying the lane.

I think the early arrivals are increasing now, due to the elimination of arrival groups.

It seemed to be working very well before at US ports.  SMH

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

We were originally booked for 32 days on Grand Princess and were Green Lane and our Medallions were being shipped to us. We were flying to Melbourne to start the cruises. They we decided not to fly to Australia to start the cruises but, instead, get on Grand Princess in San Francisco and sail 31 days to Australia and then do the originally booked cruises. We ended up with segments of 24 days, 2 days, 5 days, 14 days, 4 days, and 14 days for a total of 63 days on Grand Princess.

We did a similar type of additions.

I had ordered the OM and it was free at that time.  Then, added a cruise onto it.

The App, threw one of us into the blue lane, in which I had to order the OM in order to get back to the Green lane.  Although, I had already ordered it for both.  Of course, now it was a $10 charge,

I did not touch the original free OM order for the other. Just left it alone.

Okay, so I ordered the one that was in the blue lane only and paid the $10 for shipping.  I did get BOTH of the OM’s in one envelope.  

So, your case, who knows?  Let us know if it changes you back to blue.

35 minutes ago, pompeii said:

What is the cut off for changing your medallion order to shipping instead of port pick up?  AFAIK you have to cancel the existing order and place a new one.  Is it 2 weeks prior to sailing?  We sail on the 23rd from Seattle and I'm debating if I just want to pay the darn $10.

But then again I'm half afraid to change to change anything this close to sailing, with all the medallion bugs...

It says order at least 13 days before sailing.  However, I usually receive them about 10 days before sailing.

I tried to change one to have it shipped instead.  Cancelled the pickup at port on both. Then, when I tried to order them to be shipped, my only option was to pick up at port.  I wanted to pay $10. The shipping option was grayed out.  I had the standard fare.

So, this was in August, in the middle of a lot of changes.

If you try it, let us know what happens. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

They last about 30 days and they’ll just put new batteries in them.  Every 30 days, they’ll also watch the muster again.  

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

They told us they replace batteries on ours.  So now, we will have to ask again.  We’ve done many long cruises.  When you get them back, they have the original sail date, not the current date. 

Ask them for us, when you get your replacements.  TIA

If they open them up and replace batteries, I wonder how they remain waterproof (or at least water-resistant).

Agree.  Many of those in the blue lane, may only need to pickup a OM, while others are mixed in and haven’t even finished their check in, thus delaying the lane.

Need a Turquoise Lane which is need to pick up Medallion, but Green in all other ways.

• Haha 1

It says order at least 13 days before sailing.  However, I usually receive them about 10 days before sailing.

I tried to change one to have it shipped instead.  Cancelled the pickup at port on both. Then, when I tried to order them to be shipped, my only option was to pick up at port.  I wanted to pay $10. The shipping option was grayed out.  I had the standard fare.

So, this was in August, in the middle of a lot of changes.

If you try it, let us know what happens. 

Were you able to pick up at the port with no issues?  

If that’s the worst case scenario, ie it won’t let me change to ship instead of pick up, then I’m no worse off than I am now and I may as well give it a shot. I just don’t want it to mess things up in ways I can’t anticipate.  

We’ve never been able to have our medallions mailed, but based on my recent experience, I wouldn’t pay to do it if I could. The Blue lane line was perhaps 5-10 minutes, but the main wait just as before was in the “holding pens” while you wait in the chairs to board. I’ve never experienced much of a wait at the check in lines in all my years of cruising, so I don’t see the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Were you able to pick up at the port with no issues?  

If that’s the worst case scenario, ie it won’t let me change to ship instead of pick up, then I’m no worse off than I am now and I may as well give it a shot. I just don’t want it to mess things up in ways I can’t anticipate.  

I really don’t think you’ll mess up anything.  
No problems picking up at port.

Dumb question, I'm sure the answer is yes.  Do they have staplers at the check in desk (Seattle) to attach your print-out luggage tags to the suitcases?  I don't want to have those paper tags on there for our airline flight into Seattle.  And we won't be traveling with a stapler.

1 minute ago, deltahog said:

Dumb question, I'm sure the answer is yes.  Do they have staplers at the check in desk (Seattle) to attach your print-out luggage tags to the suitcases?  I don't want to have those paper tags on there for our airline flight into Seattle.  And we won't be traveling with a stapler.

I pre punch a hole in the luggage tags before leaving home.  Then use a tiny ziptie to attach the luggage tag to the suitcase either at the hotel or before dropping off the luggage.  No need to ask anyone if they have a stapler.  

I bought a pack of card stock paper by mistake.  Makes a very good luggage tag.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, deltahog said:

By the time you get to the check in desk you’ll have passed where you drop off your luggage. All you’ll have with you at that point are carry ons. 

I don’t know if the curbside luggage people have staplers.  We put our tags in plastic holders and attach them before we are curbside. 

Edited by pompeii

2 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I pre punch a hole in the luggage tags before leaving home.  Then use a tiny ziptie to attach the luggage tag to the suitcase either at the hotel or before dropping off the luggage.  No need to ask anyone if they have a stapler.  

I bought a pack of card stock paper by mistake.  Makes a very good luggage tag.

Excellent idea! Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, deltahog said:

They probably do, as they print out tags for guests who arrived without tags.

But, being anxious to board and long lines, we’ve bought plastic holders for our tags. Inexpensive on Amazon, etc.

Problem with paper is the rain. Many issues then with falling off or disintegrating. 

We used to years ago, just laminate the tags, now the slip in plastic holders are so convenient.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Depends on the port and the wait time in the line to get into the terminal.  An Elite line to check in was a perk, IMO.  

Now that there are no arrival group times assigned, many more may go early, thus causing longer check in lines.  

So basically they've taken away the Elite express lane and sold it to the Plus package people. I suppose the next step is letting the Plus people into the Elite lounge on a first come first serve basis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deltahog said:

Ah good info.  I am sure the front desk of our hotel will have a stapler.......

Yes they do, as does the concierge or tour person.  We decided to invest the sum of $1 at a dollar store in a tiny stapler that we keep in our carry on bag so we no longer have to ask.

9 hours ago, wallyj said:

I think you can get a good ideal of how many ‘elite’ mini bar setups you will receive by reviewing the number of ‘cruise credits’ you will receive, taking into account for suite and solo occupancy.

I have 6 separate booking numbers which is why I believe I "should" get 6 setups.

42 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I have 6 separate booking numbers which is why I believe I "should" get 6 setups.

I have always received a setup for every booking number.  So I am also expecting 6 setups for the cruise to AU/NZ. Though I do admit I'm not sure how the two day cruise will be handled.   In the past, if I had a cruise booked for 14 days that could also be booked as two 7 day cruises, I received 2 cruise credits as well as 2 bar setup.  I found this out back in 2010.  So far since the restart, I have been booking everything as a B2B so can't swear to how this is now handled..  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, Steelers36 said:

Are you sure?  Those things are sealed and do not open easily at all.  Not meant to be changed.

I had to have my battery changed mid trip.  Went to Guest service.

After standing like an Invisible person in the Elite/Suite end of counter?

I got in the regular line (Blue lane I'm sure) and they replaced the batt.

Took it in the back and came back out after a couple mins.

On 9/4/2023 at 8:03 PM, Coral said:

I can't get out of Blue Lane. Any tips?

Boarded the Regal Princess in Southampton August 24. No Green Lane; No Blue Lane. There were two lines…one for Platinum, Elite and Suites; one for the remaining passengers. Medallions given to Blue people on check in. Easy peasy! The proverbial piece of baklava. Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

I had to have my battery changed mid trip.  Went to Guest service.

After standing like an Invisible person in the Elite/Suite end of counter?

I got in the regular line (Blue lane I'm sure) and they replaced the batt.

Took it in the back and came back out after a couple mins.

They just made you a new one. 

On 9/4/2023 at 9:13 PM, Musky Ike said:

Yup $10 or package to have it shipped to you. The new Princess green lane access fee.

Nope. I'll spend the extra 2 minutes and save $10. We have priority boarding anyway so we show up well before the ship opens for boarding, will walk the Blue lane, get our medallion and head upstairs to wait for our boarding time.

• Like 3