Transportation to Civi from Rome

Giantfan13

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I need some advice quickly. We are staying at a hotel by the airport, Hilton Garden Inn, and we need transportation to the port in Civi. We are 2 'older' seniors who just cannot schlepp luggage on the train so that is out. We had a shared van that took us in May, but we just got an email that they do not use vans anymore and only doing private rides. I have looked on several sites and most have rides in the over 100 Euro PP area. We are looking to hopefully, be able to share a ride/van but haven't seen any company that has a 'respectable' rate. 

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 9:13 AM, cruisemom42 said:

Len, I've used sharedshuttle.it which offers a shared van ride for 85 euros for up to 2 passengers from a hotel in Rome or at FCO to Civitavecchia. 

https://sharedshuttle.it/

Thank you CM, I just booked with them for the price you mentioned.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 8:14 PM, Giantfan13 said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I need some advice quickly. We are staying at a hotel by the airport, Hilton Garden Inn, and we need transportation to the port in Civi. We are 2 'older' seniors who just cannot schlepp luggage on the train so that is out. We had a shared van that took us in May, but we just got an email that they do not use vans anymore and only doing private rides. I have looked on several sites and most have rides in the over 100 Euro PP area. We are looking to hopefully, be able to share a ride/van but haven't seen any company that has a 'respectable' rate. 

Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Cheers

Len

There is this option from the cruise port. If someone has space on their shuttle you can tag along.

Shared Shuttle Transfer: Rome, Airport, Civitavecchia Port - Civitavecchia Port of Rome

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, cruisemom42 said:

Len, I've used sharedshuttle.it which offers a shared van ride for 85 euros for up to 2 passengers from a hotel in Rome or at FCO to Civitavecchia. 

https://sharedshuttle.it/

Thank you. We've used them from Civi to FCO. The price went down from 85 to 80 Euros when the shuttle was full (3 couples). They were on time, thank you for the recommendation 🌺

Do they actually pick you up at your hotel and take you to the port/ship? That's a pretty great deal. We usually take the NCL shuttle but would have to trek back from our hotel to FCO (probably $50) and pay $75 a person to get a transfer from FCO to the port. 

21 minutes ago, cuterlmt said:

Do they actually pick you up at your hotel and take you to the port/ship? That's a pretty great deal. We usually take the NCL shuttle but would have to trek back from our hotel to FCO (probably $50) and pay $75 a person to get a transfer from FCO to the port. 

Yes, they'll pick you up at the point you designate.  It doesn't make any sense dragging bags back to the airport, just to wait for the shuttle to fill up, and then finally off to the port.  This way you're picked up, may have a stop or two while they pick up someone else, but overall, this is so much easier plus also saves you money.  

• Like 1

Actually, by the time you pay for a taxi back to airport and then pay for the NCL shuttle it's cheaper to get a private driver to the port.  No hassles, no fuss, just sit back and relax.

• Like 1