Live From The Carnival Freedom: Crossing the Atlantic for a New Whale Tail

jam19872016

Thanks for the answer on the ice cream cones. Can’t wait to get on the Pride tomorrow. It’s time for relaxation.

I know I always look at the hub app and single out music and comedy. 

keep enjoying your trip. 24 hours and we will be onboard. 10-10:30 check-in time.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BigDog46202 said:

Thanks for the answer on the ice cream cones. Can’t wait to get on the Pride tomorrow. It’s time for relaxation.

I know I always look at the hub app and single out music and comedy. 

keep enjoying your trip. 24 hours and we will be onboard. 10-10:30 check-in time.

Enjoy your cruise! TAs are very relaxing unless you don't want them to be, you will love it.

That check in time sounds nice and should lend itself to a stress free boarding day. Ours was a nightmare and it got much much worse for the later arrivals.

• Like 2

Just now, exlondoner said:

Does that happen on every voyage? What does it involve?

I've not seen it on every voyage but they do a military appreciation gathering on every voyage. It's usually held in the main theater and they honor the various branches of the military.

Perhaps someone whose been can elaborate but honestly I've never been, its a little too emotional for me.

I've attended the ship gatherings on 9/11 and veterans day and even that leaves me with a lump in my throat and sweat in my eye.

This seems to just be carrying that theme throughout the day with extra trivia events with patriotic themes and the large flag being displayed. I think it's just something they are doing for the journey cruise. 

I asked uncle Google to make sure it wasn't actually national military appreciation day and not just a ship thing. It is not but it is national navy day. 

It's also national American beer day. And national breadstick day. I don't drink beer, are breadsticks available anywhere?

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I've not seen it on every voyage but they do a military appreciation gathering on every voyage. It's usually held in the main theater and they honor the various branches of the military.

Perhaps someone whose been can elaborate but honestly I've never been, its a little too emotional for me.

I've attended the ship gatherings on 9/11 and veterans day and even that leaves me with a lump in my throat and sweat in my eye.

This seems to just be carrying that theme throughout the day with extra trivia events with patriotic themes and the large flag being displayed. I think it's just something they are doing for the journey cruise. 

I asked uncle Google to make sure it wasn't actually national military appreciation day and not just a ship thing. It is not but it is national navy day. 

It's also national American beer day. And national breadstick day. I don't drink beer, are breadsticks available anywhere?

And you can’t even mix beer with the Navy, as US ships are famously dry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Making me talk to my uncle Google again.

I don't even follow American sports 😂 

I thought that might baffle you. The only sport I’m interested in is cricket, but we won’t go there. My mother’s family came from Sunderland which is why I know. 🙂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NE John said:

Did the kitchen cut the linguine into pieces? Hmm..not very Italian. 

Aloha. Oh no…as an Italian my nonna would be aghast that the spaghetti was cut into pieces for anyone other than a child 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5