Skating show

pasta1

We just made reservations for Oasis.  They will admit only those registered until 5 minutes or so before the show.  By then the best seats are gone and there actually might not be seating left.

It's a must see show, so if there are no reservations available plan to arrive early.

On 9/6/2023 at 5:27 PM, pasta1 said:

Thank you ! Last time we were on several years back we  had to make reservation.

You must have been on an Oasis class ship. You have never had to make reservations for any show on a Freedom class ship (with the exception of initial cruises post COVID but your comment implies your last cruise was pre COVID). 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 3:30 PM, yogimax said:

We just made reservations for Oasis.  They will admit only those registered until 5 minutes or so before the show.  By then the best seats are gone and there actually might not be seating left.

It's a must see show, so if there are no reservations available plan to arrive early.

They are on Liberty of the seas. No reservations required. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You must have been on an Oasis class ship. You have never had to make reservations for any show on a Freedom class ship (with the exception of initial cruises post COVID but your comment implies your last cruise was pre COVID). 

Freedom did indeed have reservations for the ice show at one point. I doubt they were required but they did exist. We cruised her in 2012 and 2016 and at least one of those we had reservations. 

I remember when there was reservations for ice show on voyager and freedom class , full suites didn’t need them and even now there are reserved seats for ice show for suites , those seats are open to anyone 15 mins before the show starts.

I haven't been on Liberty recently, but I LOVE the Ice Show. 

I've never had a reservation.  My husband doesn't care for it, so I go alone.  As a solo visitor, I've always been able to scoot in last minute and grab a literal front-row seat.  Let me tell you:  This show is best enjoyed from the front row.  

As for suite (and Key) seating -- I'm thinking of the theater now, not the ice rink -- it's not really enforced.  Recently I headed to the balcony, found a nice seat, and THEN REALIZED I was sitting in reserved spots.  The place was more than 50% empty and no one was monitoring, so I just stayed.  I looked around to judge whether I was likely to "be caught", and I saw some people with whom we boarded -- I know for sure they were crashing too.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 7:45 AM, George C said:

I don’t think there are many bad seats but I like the first row .

If I can get a seat on the rail in the middle section of either side I do.  I love it there. Best seat in the house as far as I am concerned.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 8:45 AM, George C said:

I don’t think there are many bad seats but I like the first row .

Actually on some ships there are columns around halfway up the seating.  Seats behind these are really bad - if you are stuck because you got in late the back row is better than these.  Or just come to a later show.