Princess Cruise Tours in Italy

Strinkle

If this is through Princess - I t think this is the right board for it. I know someone who did a tour in Ireland and this was the board where I found any information. The Italy board will find individuals who are doing it themselves (not through Princess).

• Like 1

We did all of our excursions through a non-cruise line provider.  

I’d go through the cruise line only if I was concerned about early disembarkation or getting back to the ship (going somewhere off the beaten track) or if I needed to use up On Board Credit.  

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/cruisetours/europe-cruisetours/

@Strinkle There is a description of the different European Cruise Tours that are offered on the Princess.com website.  It explains how each of the cruise tours operates, what to do with luggage, accommodations, travel between cities, included meals etc..

Edited by Abercrombie2019

5 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

https://www.princess.com/learn/faq/cruisetours/europe-cruisetours/

@Strinkle There is a description of the different European Cruise Tours that are offered on the Princess.com website.  It explains how each of the cruise tours operates, what to do with luggage, accommodations, travel between cities, included meals etc..

As mentioned - I knew someone who did the Ireland tour and I copied and pasted their information and it was far more informative than the link listed above. I hope the OP finds someone who has done the tour and could post this info (and possible personal reviews).

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Coral said:

As mentioned - I knew someone who did the Ireland tour and I copied and pasted their information and it was far more informative than the link listed above. I hope the OP finds someone who has done the tour and could post this info (and possible personal reviews).

People were responding about using private companies for excursions.  I was trying to bring the topic back to Princess Cruise Tours.  I’d personally also love to hear someone’s experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

People were responding about using private companies for excursions.  I was trying to bring the topic back to Princess Cruise Tours.  I’d personally also love to hear someone’s experience.

Thanks. I agree - they were asking about Princess's tour 🙂

Went on two this year. One to Pisa and the other to Rome. The guides were knowledgeable but both locations were so crowded, (middle of August) it was not that enjoyable. In addition, the day in Rome was a Sunday, so no access to the Colosseum because of local crowds. It’s free to them on Sunday. And the Vatican had very limited access as well. 

Pisa was great, but I’d only go at a time less crowded.