Finding a cruise that leaves on a specified day of the week

Aussie65

I am looking for a cruise search tool that lets me choose which day of the week the cruise leaves on. I want to be able to search for 5-day cruises that leaves on a Thursday (or whatever day of the week I choose) along with all the other search criteria like departure port, etc.

Does such a thing exist?

Most 7 night itineraries leave on Saturdays and Sundays.  3 and 4 nights will typically leave on alternating Mondays and Thursdays following each other to net a 7 night total week sailing from the two. 5 & 6 nights departures will vary as tied into other itineraries to net out the same rotation, but maybe over a two week (or more) time frame.

But the key is these itineraries are set by each cruise line and you will depart on their schedules depending on selected itineraries.  Your departure preference will be dictated by that.

The only way I know to determine these schedules is to reach out to each cruise lines website to see their varying days itineraries - or work with a travel agent who can coordinate this and search for you - to determine your preferences.  But I am not aware of a public search engine that coordinates all cruise lines and itineraries by cruise length and itinerary destinations.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

3 hours ago, Aussie65 said:

I am looking for a cruise search tool that lets me choose which day of the week the cruise leaves on. I want to be able to search for 5-day cruises that leaves on a Thursday (or whatever day of the week I choose) along with all the other search criteria like departure port, etc.

Does such a thing exist?

Are you really going to need a cruise departing on a specific day of the week, and NOT possibly the day before or day after?  That could really restrict your choices.  

Given travel time, etc., might you be able to shift by even one day IF "the right cruise(s)" 😉 happened to sail then, rather than on *the* specified day of the week?

RM

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You can sort of do this using cruisetimetables.com.  Choose ‘cruises from’ for your port,  then your month, then know which dates are Thursday, or Monday, or…. EM

That would work for the vast majority of sailings out of Southampton.

And, I suspect, out of Miami and San Juan.

Just the occasional infrequent port-of-call visit to those places.

Would the same apply to NYC?

JB 🙂

17 hours ago, Aussie65 said:

Does such a thing exist?

Cruiseplum.com can search on specific days, like Friday, September 15, 2023. In order to search all Fridays with it, you'd have to find them all and click manually on them. It might be worth it for you.