Casual Dining Option Questions

CruiserMickey

We are going on a family cruise on the Ruby Princess…some of us have the Plus Package and some do not.

1. Are we able to sit together in Salty Dog’s Gastro Pub or Vines without having to order extra food?

2. Are Salty Dog’s Gastro Pub and Vines open during lunchtime hours so that we can use our casual dining credits then instead of at dinner time?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

31 minutes ago, CruiserMickey said:

We are going on a family cruise on the Ruby Princess…some of us have the Plus Package and some do not.

1. Are we able to sit together in Salty Dog’s Gastro Pub or Vines without having to order extra food?

2. Are Salty Dog’s Gastro Pub and Vines open during lunchtime hours so that we can use our casual dining credits then instead of at dinner time?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

On Ruby (RU), the Salty Dog is just a Grill up on Lido Deck.  It is going to be open at lunch.  Vines appears to only offer a charcuterie board for food.  IMO, it should be open from noon onwards to get that, but IDK if the case.  It could even vary from ship to ship.  Hope someone can clarify.

You can order whatever.  For example, the Plus could order the prix fixe option or a la carte and so could the Standard folks.  Obviously, the Standard folks will be billed for what they order.  For the Plus, up to you whether to pay or claim one of your free meals.

• Like 1

On the Ruby the Salty Dog Gastro Pub is in the Wheelhouse Bar, which has some tables, some soft chairs, and bar seating. The Salty Dog Grill, no charge burgers, dogs, chicken and maybe some other items is on the Lido Deck. Yes, anyone can enter the Wheelhouse Bar. Can you share the food? That's a question the servers would have to allow or disallow. My guess is those ordering a meal would be seated at a different table.

Vines is a wine bar with tables in the Piazza area. really anyone can sit there. There may be some tables reserved for those ordering meals. Not sure.

Can't answer your question about lunch. There may be other activities going on in the Wheelhouse during lunch hours. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, PrincessBuffy said:

Reference the Princess Cruises dining options guide from their website - it was recently updated to reflect the new dining tiers - it shows all venues, which ship(s) they are on and hours of operation.  I attached the version I downloaded at the end of August.

dining-options.pdf 147.86 kB · 1 download

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. Looks like we will use our casual dining credits at Vines for lunch. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Thank you @PrincessBuffy, we did the balcony dinner in April on the Crown.  Wanted to do it this winter on the Crown again but the Crown isn't listed on the available ships.  Oh well, will see when we get on board.

If you go into your personalizer, look under onboard services, then food and beverage experiences; that is where the Ultimate Balcony Dinner lives 🙂

5 minutes ago, jwattle said:

If you go into your personalizer, look under onboard services, then food and beverage experiences; that is where the Ultimate Balcony Dinner lives 🙂

Thanks, I'll check there.  Isn't it weird that they come out with that nice listing of all the venues and ships but it's still incorrect?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marden1970 said:

Thanks, I'll check there.  Isn't it weird that they come out with that nice listing of all the venues and ships but it's still incorrect?

That is because your balcony is not considered a venue. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1