Drink package sale

richoil

On 9/18/2023 at 9:12 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

For Equinox cruise in Jan 2024, it’s only 5% to upgrade from Classic to Premium.

The 20% is off of Classic package which we already have from the AI price.

Not sure I can cancel just the alcohol from the AI so I can rebook to get the 20%

You cannot  or you can cancel just the alcohol from the AI but you wouldn't get anything back so you could pay $86.99 per person per day plus gratuities for the 20% off sale or $18.99 per person per day plus gratuity for the 5% upgrade package.  

Our cruise planner is showing 50% discount on Beverage Packages this morning. We are sailing Equinox in November 2023 back to back and both cruises show the discount.

I don’t have exact amounts at the moment but original price was

Premium approx £105 pppd now £52 pppd

Classic approx £86 pppd now £43 pppd

We are in U.K. 

Posting this as we have benefited from these alerts from fellow cruisers in the past! Thank you again Rich Yak!

On 9/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, richoil said:

Sailing December 4 this year on the Silhouette. Cruise planner has the Premium package for 50 % off $53.99 plus gratuities. Also sailing September 2024. Package is only 20 % discount. May be worth checking your sailing.

Thank you for posting.

I’ve been checking our planner since you posted and there was no discount for us 😥 until this morning 😂 🥂

35 minutes ago, champagnecruiser said:

Our cruise planner is showing 50% discount on Beverage Packages this morning. We are sailing Equinox in November 2023 back to back and both cruises show the discount.

We are in U.K. 

Posting this as we have benefited from these alerts from fellow cruisers in the past! Thank you again Rich Yak!

Received the same offer on Silhouette for Oct TA.

The limit on drinks starting from UK or AUS ports goes from $10 to $12.

With the 20% added gratuity that's over £100 on drink for a couple per day which is still some going.

Can you opt for certain days on the sale package or is it for the entire voyage.

With three days ashore this would make it an even bigger daily target to hit.

Mind you, Mrs Baggy does like a challenge ...😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, champagnecruiser said:

We are in U.K. 

Thank you so much for this!!

We are on 10 day Beyond in October and refused to pay £105 pppd 😬

Just booked the premium package at £1055 for the 2 of us..... the other half can now drink as many Earth drinks as he likes in Eden, I'll just stick to champagne!!!! 🍹🍸🍻🍷

Edited by Wirral Girlie
  • Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 1:03 PM, BytownMatt said:

It seems to be a targeted/selective sale thing. I saw the 50% upgrade offer for the first time prior to my B2B last month. For my next cruise, the offer is 5%.

Keep looking ... when I first read this thread yesterday (Tuesday) I got excited and looked at my next cruise (Apex November) but dang it wasn't showing anything 50% off so as you say it's selectively random as always.

Fast forward to today and imagine my surprise when I just looked again and for the first time EVER it's now 50% off and they got me!  Drink prices are stupid on the ship so at the 50% off cost I know I will be ahead since I had no plans of depriving myself 😉

Definitely have to look daily and good luck!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wirral Girlie said:

Thank you so much for this!!

We are on 10 day Beyond in October and refused to pay £105 pppd 😬

Just booked the premium package at £1055 for the 2 of us..... the other half can now drink as many Earth drinks as he likes in Eden, I'll just stick to champagne!!!! 🍹🍸🍻🍷

Glad you got it! 
I agree re £105 pppd 😂

We got this same offer on Beyond in July 🍾🥂cheers and have a lovely cruise!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Is this where they raise prices 50% then discount 50% like they did Memorial Day sale?

Not sure if you are asking jokingly but the base price of mine did not change from days prior, just the discount so it really was 50% off.  As usual the Zero Proof is not included in such offer.

image.thumb.png.cb2577565c56db10d62cde37d0aab1ac.png

Edited by poffles

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Not sure if you are asking jokingly but the base price of mine did not change from days prior, just the discount so it really was 50% off.  As usual the Zero Proof is not included in such offer.

No, I wasn't joking, there was a big thread about it, but it doesn't appear they hiked it as much as at that previous sale.  I think the "normal" price for premium is like $86 and the Classic is $70, so looks like probably around 25-30%.  

There really should be some law about raising prices, then offering sales.  But all the retailers are doing it, so why not the cruise lines.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

No, I wasn't joking, there was a big thread about it, but it doesn't appear they hiked it as much as at that previous sale.  I think the "normal" price for premium is like $86 and the Classic is $70, so looks like probably around 25-30%.  

There really should be some law about raising prices, then offering sales.  But all the retailers are doing it, so why not the cruise lines.

Classic has not been $70 for a long time. The $89 and $109 (US) are the base prices now, believe that change took place in January of this year so this is not hiked prices for a sale.

Edited by poffles
Noted these are US $.

Yeah, mine shows $89 reg price for classic, but has consistently had it at 20% off, which is $70.99 /day.  

I still am not showing the 50% discount,  anf that might be tempting, but really have my eye on a zero proof discount.   Is the $26.99/day the best I'll find it offered for?  If so, I need to just accept that I'll be paying for every drink onboard.

1 hour ago, poffles said:

That's interesting.

The 50% off in dollars is exactly the same figure that the Brits are being offered in Sterling.

In the Classic package $43 should equate to £34 but instead we're being offered it at £43.

Over a 10 day cruise and for a couple that's £180 or $225 difference.

Mmmmm 🤔 Sneaky ?

Edited by Baggy178

49 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

That's interesting.

The 50% off in dollars is exactly the same figure that the Brits are being offered in Sterling.

In the Classic package $43 should equate to £34 but instead we're being offered it at £43.

Mmmmm 🤔 Sneaky ?

Wow ... ya sneaky.  I wish they would do similar figure match to Canadian, unlike the £ 'match' the $43 CAD would be a win for this consumer.  My current cruise is booked in US so all items for purchase are also presented in US $ but I know past cruises I've booked in CAD have never done this, always the terrible exchange rate added to be more CAD.

So is the base price 'right' or is it also wonky?  Hmmmmm

Edited by poffles

2 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

That's interesting.

Mmmmm 🤔 Sneaky ?

I believe,  but am not 100% certain,  that the price we pay in Sterling includes the gratuity but the usd price quoted then has 20% added to it.

I think there are other posts on here where I have read this.

Certainly when we purchased today we were only charged the £52.76 pppd for Premium. We are happy with the price we paid 👍🏻

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, champagnecruiser said:

I believe,  but am not 100% certain,  that the price we pay in Sterling includes the gratuity but the usd price quoted then has 20% added to it.

I think there are other posts on here where I have read this.

Certainly when we purchased today we were only charged the £52.76 pppd for Premium. We are happy with the price we paid 👍🏻

Yes the 20% was added at checkout for me on top of the $43.

Edited by poffles

4 minutes ago, poffles said:

Yes the 20% was added at checkout.

👍🏻That’s what I thought. Thank you for confirming. 
In U.K. the gratuity is included in the quoted price. The differential between USD price and U.K. price is only around £2 per day depending on exchange rate.

Edited by champagnecruiser
Mistake
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Anyone know if you can book the drinks package fit certain days or does it apply to the entire cruise.

If 3 out of 11 days are spent ashore that affects the value of the package 

I believe it is all or none.

The only thing I've heard where you can do less days is if you wait until you board and add the package later in the sailing.  Then, they only charge you for remaining days.   But, it would not apply to the passed days of your trip, either, so you would have to pay for any drinks consumed up to adding the package.

On 9/17/2023 at 4:24 PM, ColoradoMom!! said:

I read this two ways. I have the classic package.  If I ask for a glass of wine that is $9, yes, I need to pay a gratuity which is 20% of $9.00 - basically $1.80 because per the FAQ, gratuities are not included in the package cost.  OR is it no - your resulting charge is $0 since the glass of wine is fully covered under my package, and 20% of $0 charge is $0 gratuity ????

Obviously this is my first cruise with Celebrity coming up.  TIA

If the price of an alcoholic pacakage is within your package limits, there is no charge to you whatsoever.

If the price of an alcoholic beverage is above your package limit, you pay the difference plus a 20% gratuity. 

You have already paid the 20% gratuity when you purchased your drink package. 

20 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

Anyone know if you can book the drinks package fit certain days or does it apply to the entire cruise.

You cant pick and choose what days you want the drink package, if you buy it, its for the whole cruise.  Always been like that, if your not expecting really to drink much on the 3 days dont get it.  I still find value in it with my coffees and teas I have each day, waters and then drinks when getting back from being out and dinner.  Adds up quickly, but then again I buy the All Inclusive and when I get it all 3 perks, tips wifi drinks comes out to about 70ish a day for all the perks on the high side usually much lower.  

Edited by bikerunner

21 hours ago, Baggy178 said:

You just have to start drinking heavily before leaving the ship and keep drinking longer upon your return, or you are cheating yourself!!

• Haha 1