Non CC members - Medallion information???

sailing canary

This just occurred to me. There are hundreds of posts about the new Medallion on here, but what about the people who have never heard of Cruise Critic (which I believe is quite a lot) and who wouldn't have read them? How do they find out how it works? Are they given instructions at embarkation??
Just wondered.

8 minutes ago, sailing canary said:

This just occurred to me. There are hundreds of posts about the new Medallion on here, but what about the people who have never heard of Cruise Critic (which I believe is quite a lot) and who wouldn't have read them? How do they find out how it works? Are they given instructions at embarkation??
Just wondered.

Hopefully, they have seen videos on the website, have TA/CVP help or have family/friends who can help.

They do have an internet cafe, which looks a little busy the first few days.  There is an ocean medallion instructional video on the TV and an instruction class listed on the patter.

I’ve seen guests also in line at GS asking about using it.

The first day of our upcoming cruise has a listing in Journey View for "MedallionClass Welcome Presentation". The description says, "Join your Cruise Director for a 20 minute engaging presentation to help you maximize your MedallionClass vacation".  How useful the presentation actually is remains a mystery.

• Like 1

On my cruise on Caribbean Princess next month, JourneyView shows "MedallionClass Welcome Presentation in the Explorers Lounge from 3:15 pm to 3:45 pm on the first day: "Join your Cruise Director Sophie for a 30-minute engaging presentation to help you maximize your MedallionClass vacation." 

However, the presentation does not appear on the schedule to be repeated the next day. Our cruise overnights in Quebec City the first day, and many passengers won't be onboard by 3:15 pm. Our train isn't scheduled to arrive in Quebec City until 4:18 pm, so we will definitely miss this presentation. I expect most people who do arrive won't see it in the patter until after it's over, and the people who see it JourneyView in advance are probably the people who don't need it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sailing canary said:

Just wondered.

Anyone with questions can simply go to the source and use the

Princess website.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ocean-medallion/

There's an Ocean Ready desk onboard. There's orientation meetings aboard also.

Although, by the time you're aboard, you know how to use the actual medallion.. perhaps you're referring to the App functions? 

There is a MedallionClass guide video loaded on the the cabin TV programming.  There used to be a step by step video guide, but the App has been updated so many times and so frequently as of recent, Princess gave up on having to reshoot the video.  Now it's just a general guide.  Also there is a paper brochure that is left in the room on embarkation day, which many probably don't bother to read and just toss in the trash.

img735.jpg

img736.jpg

img737.jpg

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

There used to be a whole IT industry "sub-field" called "technical writing" which employed many people to churn out user manuals and such.  Those days are long gone...

Technical Writing.png

Not really.  Our elder daughter is a TW and there is still a need for them even if PCL has no clue.