Check in online

Hi there

Check in for my cruise is tomorrow, September 18. I went to the app just now and clicked on check in, just to see what it would say or if they open check in earlier than date stated. It said "Check in closed. Check in to the port at least 90 minutes before departure or you may be denied boarding." Does that mean all check in slots online have been taken already?? 

For our upcoming October cruises in Europe, we checked in at midnight ships time, which was 6pm here EST. Just did this for 2 cruises.  Our app had showed the earlier date, but online showed the next day. I hope this makes sense……but it seems the Checkin time thru the app was based on the ships time, which you can see top left in the app. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

Is it "arrival time"? When I clicked on that it said something about a wellness check 🤷

Basically they just confirm the three health questions you answer  on the app two days before you board.  Arrival time is the time to arrive at the terminal and you select a time when you do your online check in.

Edited by BND

1 hour ago, BND said:

Basically they just confirm the three health questions you answer  on the app two days before you board.  Arrival time is the time to arrive at the terminal and you select a time when you do your online check in.

It's just confusing because arrival time should be when you can board, not when you have your wellness check. I mean, people are excited to board and then when they can finally choose a boarding time, it's not REALLY a boarding time. If that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, BND said:

I've heard 10:30-11am was the earliest. I clicked check in right at midnight and the 1st time I could choose was 11-12. So, was the information for 10:30 wrong, or were the early slots really taken literally within less than 2 seconds? 

15 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

I've heard 10:30-11am was the earliest. I clicked check in right at midnight and the 1st time I could choose was 11-12. So, was the information for 10:30 wrong, or were the early slots really taken literally within less than 2 seconds? 

It varies by ship and itinerary.  We're doing a NE/Canada b2b next month and the earliest check in time was 12.  No, they weren't gone. That's just the earliest offered for your cruise.