Who will be the Cruise Director on the Queen Anne do we think?

ace2542

On 8/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, London-Calling said:

The cruise lines obviously think they are important. I hear that they can be paid more than the Captain!

On 8/2/2024 at 2:46 PM, London-Calling said:

The cruise lines obviously think they are important. I hear that they can be paid more than the Captain!

I find that hard to believe especially on Carnival U K ships where thy do not have a big presence. I cannot see how they could justify paying them a salary greater than the Captain. 

5 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I find that hard to believe especially on Carnival U K ships where thy do not have a big presence. I cannot see how they could justify paying them a salary greater than the Captain. 

This seems self-evident, and yet, and yet, I seem to have read of more than one disaster, most recently, of course, Costa Concordia, but some others as well, where it was the entertainment staff who were primary in getting the evacuation organised, in as much as it was. 😀

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

This seems self-evident, and yet, and yet, I seem to have read of more than one disaster, most recently, of course, Costa Concordia, but some others as well, where it was the entertainment staff who were primary in getting the evacuation organised, in as much as it was. 😀

Yes I watched another documentary recently where the guitarist and his wife master minded the rescue but can’t for the life of me remember the name of the ship.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

Yes I watched another documentary recently where the guitarist and his wife master minded the rescue but can’t for the life of me remember the name of the ship.

That would be the Oceanos. And in a twist to this thread, the guitarist is now a Cruise Director!  [For Silverseas].

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-60841291

Edited by Pushpit
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2024 at 3:56 PM, Winifred 22 said:

It may just be an urban myth?

Cunard has big repeater rate,  so I read somehwere, so many like, know and appreciate Amanda Reid. I myself am always happy when I read that she is at the helm of the entertainment.

Also the Cunard Captains Wells, Hashmi and there was another one - now retired- or was that Wells?

9 hours ago, London-Calling said:

So how long has Amanda Reid worked for Cunard?

I think she said she started as a dancer on QE2 "in the 1980s", but she hasn't spent all of her career with Cunard or even Carnival. She is the Entertainment Director on QM2 at the moment.