Owner's Suite Deck 6 Midship question

rosie2025

My sister and I are taking our Trip of a Lifetime 4.0 in a year or so. We decided to go with the

Owner's Suite Deck 6 Midship on Star Pride for many reasons and are very much looking forward to the cruise.

The only issue is My sister and I dont want to sleep in the same room, they say someone snores 😉

We have been told there are no roll away beds on Windstar

Questions.. Below is a picture of the 'L' shaped couch in the living area , can it be split and turned around to make a wider sleeping space?

Or, is the couch comfortable enough to sleep on? It looks very narrow.

Thank you for your thoughts

image.jpeg.d97487c115d2a52b279114fe316752a7.jpeg

I'm a bit surprised that the couch isn't a sofa bed in that huge suite.  Most large suites on ships I am familiar with (larger ships) do put sofa beds in their large special suites.  Maybe email Windstar and ask if it is a sofa bed.

It looks like such a gorgeous suite for your big cruise with your sister!  There must me a solution that Windstar can come up with!!

Please let us know what you are able to arrange.

~Nancy

I did sleep on the couch when my husband had Covid. Not a sofa bed and not the most comfortable but it worked for me. When I have wanted to travel with a friend I was told there was no way to have two separate beds in the owners suite.

17 hours ago, r&rd said:

I was told there was no way to have two separate beds in the owners suite.

I would think there would be a "way" if they wanted to.  It doesn't seem like it would be difficult to move a single bed into the suite from an unoccupied cabin.  The beds in many of the other cabins split into two singles.  I wonder what the reason is for the pushback on having a rollaway bed or something.  Did they give you an explanation?  Maybe I'm missing something about the logistics.  I'm just curious why they don't want to accommodate the customer.

~Nancy

I assume a rollaway bed would be a problem as it could roll away as the ship rolls.

The third berth could be when adding the cabin next door. It’s also possible to book three in a row there for the grand owner’s suite.

Edited by Pudgesmom

1 hour ago, Pudgesmom said:

I assume a rollaway bed would be a problem as it could roll away as the ship rolls.

The third berth could be when adding the cabin next door. It’s also possible to book three in a row there for the grand owner’s suite.

The cabin next door wouldn't be a 3rd berth. It would add sleeping space for two. Also, the Deck Plan clearly has text saying Grand Owner's suites can be booked to get 2 or 3 bedroom suites listing the multiple suite numbers and separately has Owner's Suites 640 and 641 having 3 berths. The issue may be that that 3rd berth is in the bedroom and therefore won't help for avoiding snoring. 

15 hours ago, oakridger said:

I wonder what the reason is for the pushback on having a rollaway bed or something. 

I doubt that they have any on board. The third berths are permanent installations in the rooms that have them. No reason to carry a rollaway. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MNgardens said:

The X indicates a third berth.

MNgardens, thank you so much for pointing that out! And you have solved my problem! 🙂

Our travel agent called windstar and got this answer for us: "James at Windstar told me that they can convert cabin 641 sofa into a sofa bed as a 3rd berth."

Now we are working out details but I feel so much better!

Thanks again!

And many thanks for all the thoughts about our problem!

• Like 1

Well Hooray!!  It sure seemed like something that Windstar could/should be able to resolve.  I imagine that there have been quite a few guests that wanted to use that third berth in the beautiful large Owner's suite!  Kudos to @MNgardens for noticing the X on the deck plan!

I just noticed this on the Owner's Suite deck plan diagram key also, which explains why the main bed couldn't be moved:

"• One Queen Size Bed Only (No Twin Option)"

I wish you and your sister a wonderful cruise and pleasant sleeps on board!

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

• 6 months later...