Crown & Anchor / Captain’s Club conversion

rzhao003

Hi, me and my family will be going on our first Celebrity cruise this December. We’ve previously sailed with RCCL and are Platinum members. I heard you can receive “equal” tier benefits while cruising with Celebrity with the Crown & Anchor membership. Has anyone encountered this situation? Did Celebrity honour the Crown & Anchor tier benefits?

9 hours ago, rzhao003 said:

Hi, me and my family will be going on our first Celebrity cruise this December. We’ve previously sailed with RCCL and are Platinum members. I heard you can receive “equal” tier benefits while cruising with Celebrity with the Crown & Anchor membership. Has anyone encountered this situation? Did Celebrity honour the Crown & Anchor tier benefits?

They don’t honor C&A benefits, they honor your status and give you CC benefits at a defined level. Some of the benefits are the same but not all.

From the Celebrity site (https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/captains-club)

Does Captain’s Club offer reciprocity with other Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brands?

Celebrity's Captain's Club program offers reciprocity with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program and Azamara's Le Club Voyage program. Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity. Credits are not combinable across brands; however, as members move up in tier, the membership level will be automatically upgraded across all enrolled programs. If you are currently a member of both Captain's Club and Crown & Anchor programs, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level between the two. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the tier credit for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain's Club member but not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, and plan on sailing with Royal Caribbean, or you are a Crown & Anchor member but not a Captain's Club member and plan on sailing with Celebrity Cruises®, please call the Captain’s Club at 1-844-418-6824 if within the U.S. or contact your International Office or Representative if outside the U.S. to enroll in the equivalent tier.

Also, please remember to provide your membership number when booking a Celebrity cruise to ensure you receive your Club Points and benefits while sailing.

4 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

From the Celebrity site (https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/captains-club)

Does Captain’s Club offer reciprocity with other Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. brands?

Celebrity's Captain's Club program offers reciprocity with Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor program and Azamara's Le Club Voyage program. Captain's Club Classic members receive Le Club Voyage Adventurer benefits. Captain's Club Select members receive Crown & Anchor Platinum and Le Club Voyage Explorer benefits. Captain's Club Elite members receive Crown & Anchor Diamond and Le Club Voyage Discoverer benefits. The same holds true for Crown & Anchor members and Le Club Voyage members when sailing on Celebrity. Credits are not combinable across brands; however, as members move up in tier, the membership level will be automatically upgraded across all enrolled programs. If you are currently a member of both Captain's Club and Crown & Anchor programs, you will automatically receive benefits based on your highest membership level between the two. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent, and the number of sailings a member accrues on each brand will not be combined. You will earn the tier credit for the brand you are sailing as long as you are a member of that brand's loyalty program.

If you are a Captain's Club member but not a member of the Crown & Anchor Society, and plan on sailing with Royal Caribbean, or you are a Crown & Anchor member but not a Captain's Club member and plan on sailing with Celebrity Cruises®, please call the Captain’s Club at 1-844-418-6824 if within the U.S. or contact your International Office or Representative if outside the U.S. to enroll in the equivalent tier.

Also, please remember to provide your membership number when booking a Celebrity cruise to ensure you receive your Club Points and benefits while sailing.

Well that faq aged poorly. Azamara no longer a part of RCG.

8 hours ago, Mark_K said:

They don’t honor C&A benefits, they honor your status and give you CC benefits at a defined level. Some of the benefits are the same but not all.

I would add to what you say that the Select benefits are not any big deal. Pretty minimal in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, rzhao003 said:

I read that this tier for CC has room upgrade based on availability. Any chance this will actually happen? 🤔 my cruise is Dec 17 on Ascent and so far seems like lots of rooms not yet sold

No chance at all. You only get the category upgrade when you make your booking. You can't get it after booking. So too late now. The upgrade if the category is eligible is getting charged at the next lower category price. So in effect that would be a $20 to $50 lower fare. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

If your asking about "One pre-cruise category upgrade up to AquaClass® (based on availiability at time of booking)"

This must be done at time of booking. example: Book a Aqua cabin A1, but you pay the price of an A2. You must stay within the same category. example: You cant book a A2 and pay the price of a C1.

Years ago I called Celebrity Captains Club and I gave them my C&A number. My C&A number is different than my Celebrity Captains Club number.

• Like 1