Westerdam Cabanas Destroyed

LordSpain

I asked my travel agent to check on the cabanas on Westerdam.  It took some research but she found out they were repaired after they suffered damage sometime last year.  Hopefully they stay that way until and throughout our 28-day cruise!@

On 1/22/2024 at 5:07 PM, Crew News said:

I am the creator of the chart with images and pricing from HAL.  There is an upgraded version with the correct image of the Pinnacle-class retreat cabanas: Cabana Prices

Thanks so much for providing this. I'll make sure my TA has this most recent information.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/21/2023 at 11:59 AM, LordSpain said:

I just booked a cruise on the Westerdam beginning September 1, 2024. My TA informed me that HAL reported that the Retreat cabanas had been destroyed so they were not taking any reservations for them. I searched these boards and found they had been damaged in a wind storm back in May of this year.

I'm seeking information from anyone who knows when or if repairs might be made. I can't find any more information about this, and I'm hoping someone who has been on, or rercently booked on the Westerdam might have some insight.

Yes, we were on Westerdam last August and our cabana was canceled because essentially the cabanas no longer exist, because just as you said (although it was LAST year, since May this year has not yet arrived :)) they were damaged by high winds in May 2023.  Ship's Services will know whether you can book a cabana or not.  If they are saying no now, perhaps they at least know when repairs are scheduled for.  Also, I know you didn't ask this, but I assume Westerdam will be in Alaska next September?  It will be cold... cabana in Alaska in September? hmmm 🙂

Edited by Moriah

54 minutes ago, Moriah said:

I'm seeking information from anyone who knows when or if repairs might be made.

See my post above - my TA found out they were repaired.  AND a couple of weeks ago, someone posted a video of them on Facebook and the Retreat area looks to have been totally renovated.  I have a cabana for a 28-day Alaska cruise so we don’t have to fight for bow space on scenic cruising days - and there are a lot of scenic cruising days.  I had one on an Iceland Greenland cruise in 2022 and loved it.  Yes,  you do need to bundle up though! 

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, keldorama said:

Do you have to reserve it for the entire length of the cruise or can you do, say, 10 days out of a 28 day term?

In advance, you can only book for the entire cruise. Once on board, you can book days individually, depending on availability.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1