Allure you CAN use Izumi for BOGO

firefly333

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nope, not on allure. And yes I have been to dinner there last 2 nights. I'm taking it easy on my stomach.

That's what I had heard. Thanks for confirming. My wife will not be happy about that but we'll make do. That's partly why we booked Sabor.

As of now, if I have the 5-night menu right (it's a bit screwy in the app and this is a one time 5-night sailing before Allure takes over the Nassau/CocoCay 3/4's from PC), we have 2 specialties, 2 MDR's where she won't love her meal but there's stuff she can at least order, and 1 night is a wild card. The good news is we have early seating (it was full when we booked but my TA got us a spot the next day) and I like going to WJ after whether I liked my MDR meal or not so she could find something random there, even if it's just extra dessert.

Happy belated birthday!

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mike you really need a b2b.

It took 6 days & 23 hours of our 7 day courtesy hold for my wife to be OK with squeezing this one 5-nigher in... B2B was not an option, lol. She's even working a half day the morning of embarkation day and we're not leaving for PC until like 11:30. It's not a financial thing, she has tons of saved days off, it just makes things a lot easier on her.

If we were flexible we would have booked an early December 7-night Wonder cruise that had a great deal in this week's GGG sale... balcony GTY for $699pp. That's insanely low for Wonder AND it would have gotten to us to D+. Now we're going to be 2 points short, lol, and still turn D+ after our spring break cruise. @molly361 jumped on that one. I'm jealous but can't really complain. This will only be our 2nd cruise ever outside of spring break or summer so I'm just happy to be going on anything at all in October.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's what I had heard. Thanks for confirming. My wife will not be happy about that but we'll make do. That's partly why we booked Sabor.

As of now, if I have the 5-night menu right (it's a bit screwy in the app and this is a one time 5-night sailing before Allure takes over the Nassau/CocoCay 3/4's from PC), we have 2 specialties, 2 MDR's where she won't love her meal but there's stuff she can at least order, and 1 night is a wild card. The good news is we have early seating (it was full when we booked but my TA got us a spot the next day) and I like going to WJ after whether I liked my MDR meal or not so she could find something random there, even if it's just extra dessert.

Happy belated birthday!

150 is the best onboard. Best service. Tenderloin for 2. Lobster thermidor. I love duck but too messy to eat. Never tasted venison. Loved the garlicky pull apart bread. 

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

150 is the best onboard. Best service. Tenderloin for 2. Lobster thermidor. I love duck but too messy to eat. Never tasted venison. Loved the garlicky pull apart bread. 

Ummm.... my wife would eat the garlic bread. 🤣 Do I need to clarify just how limited her list of acceptable entree items is?

That all sounds good to me though.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ummm.... my wife would eat the garlic bread. 🤣 Do I need to clarify just how limited her list of acceptable entree items is?

Sister from another mother!!!!!!!😁
My acceptable list stops at Lobster Thermidor!
Ok cheese bread too.

But duck, deer, armadillo, etc etc, no thanks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm probably a more picky eater than she is. Lol. 150 was a winner. I actually dont even like my food touching if possible. I tried Giovanni and not my thing. They put gravy on my steak. I dont like gravy or sauce on my steak. 

22 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Mike I probably shouldnt say this. The one lady at Mdr is ordering glutton free and maybe they forgot and then dashed it into the water last minute .. her pasta was served raw.

Yesterday at lunch a family next to me at lunch had the same issue, regular pasta, hard and not cooked. Crunchy isnt cooked al dente .. this isnt cooked. I dont eat it, but this is twice. 

My food was fine.

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They put gravy on my steak. I dont like gravy or sauce on my steak. 

We always get the filet at GT with no sauce. I agree 100% with no sauce on steak if it's a good steak. If it's a cheaper steak meant to go with chimichurri or something then I'm OK with it.

• She'll eat filet or hamburger... no other cut of meat.
  • She doesn't really like red sauce, even on pizza. Sorrento's makes her sauceless pizza and she asks for it well done... comes out like crispy cheesy bread and is actually better than the regular pizza sitting out, IMO (low bar, I know).
  • Chicken must be breast only, no dark meat.
  • Nothing from a pig (pickiness, no religious or moral reasons, she even hates smelling my bacon across the table at breakfast).
  • No Indian.
  • No Mexican other than a plain cheese quesadilla or possibly a ground beef taco with no toppings (oh, and she does like churros).
  • No seafood whatsoever (unless tuna salad counts).

See what I'm working with here? This is why the cook to order station in WJ was always a big help. She can ask for the 3 ingredients/sauce she'll actually eat. It would usually be chicken and broccoli with either alfredo or teryaki depending on if it was the pasta station or the wok station.

Edited by OCSC Mike

35 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We always get the filet at GT with no sauce. I agree 100% with no sauce on steak if it's a good steak. If it's a cheaper steak meant to go with chimichurri or something then I'm OK with it.

• She'll eat filet or hamburger... no other cut of meat.
  • She doesn't really like red sauce, even on pizza. Sorrento's makes her sauceless pizza and she asks for it well done... comes out like crispy cheesy bread and is actually better than the regular pizza sitting out, IMO (low bar, I know).
  • Chicken must be breast only, no dark meat.
  • Nothing from a pig (pickiness, no religious or moral reasons, she even hates smelling my bacon across the table at breakfast).
  • No Indian.
  • No Mexican other than a plain cheese quesadilla or possibly a ground beef taco with no toppings (oh, and she does like churros).
  • No seafood whatsoever (unless tuna salad counts).

See what I'm working with here? This is why the cook to order station in WJ was always a big help. She can ask for the 3 ingredients/sauce she'll actually eat. It would usually be chicken and broccoli with either alfredo or teryaki depending on if it was the pasta station or the wok station.

Lol I only want dark meat chicken. White is dry to me.

I dont eat pasta or cooked tomatoes or italian seasoning. Or cooked cauliflower and iffy on cooked broccoli. I want it raw in salads. I also dont like the sauce on pizza. Carnival has a white pizza. Cheese with garlic I love. I hardly ate cheese before college but eat some white cheese. I worked in a pizza place during college and they made me sauce less pizza too. If it's real life I'll eat sauce but usually just eat the topping on rcl pizza. 

Oh and I'm allergic to anything with coconut. I throw up. Cant eat the coconut shrimp or even german chocolate cake. I lived hawaii for 10 years hahaha. Not the best place to have a coconut allergy.

I do like indian and mexican mostly. I had lunch in chops last week and had a hamburger. 

I do like honey mustard salad dressing but this ship doesnt seem to offer it any more. It was maybe 20 years before I would eat even a little salad dressing on my salad. I dont do vinegar dressing. Uggh. If they drown my salad in dressing I dont eat it.

OK, you have a pretty unique picky list, lol. You still eat more actual items than my wife at least.

I love white pizza. When my wife realized she didn't really like red sauce it made splitting a large pizza much better for me.

• Like 1

Today is the no chicken lunch day. Some man just came around and asked me about the food. I pointed to my lunch. I put a couple cubes of ham on some caesar salad and that's all the meat. He said they had chicken yesterday so you could eat chicken every day? I said probably. He came back to say there was chicken pot pie. I want plain chicken. I'll go look but I dont want sauce on it. Or the lamb or the seafood stir. I eat seafood but I want to know what kind. 

Looks to me like it's rained outside. Parked next to msc and the walk is wet. Cozumel today so ship is quiet.

I thought this was a cute door sign. Crossed off names as dont know them. Dont want to upset anyone. 

Mike this is the meat carving station where the chicken was yesterday. Today its steak habanero or something..in red sauce, cooked tomato. No just plain meat. And loaded potatoes, contains pork it says, bacon so a nix by your wife?

20230929_121752.jpg

20230929_122323.jpg

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Mike this is the meat carving station where the chicken was yesterday. Today its steak habanero or something..in red sauce, cooked tomato. No just plain meat. And loaded potatoes, contains pork it says, bacon so a nix by your wife?

LOL, she wouldn't even consider that stuff. I like the pics and info though!

She usually has a very boring salad for lunch (could be from Park Cafe), she'll eat the 3-cheese panini there too, she'll try a hamburger patty from WJ just to have a little protein if there's nothing else she'll eat.

I'm not too concerned about lunch. She has plenty she can eat for breakfast so lunch can be a smaller meal. She usually finds dessert and has multiple pool deck fake ice cream cones throughout the day.

She actually loves chicken pot pie, btw, but she would have to actually like the sauce/gravy, then pick out any veggies she finds unacceptable (mushrooms & onions are big NO, she only likes peas & carrots in her pot pie). The one she had at Mason Jar on Wonder met her standards.

• Haha 1

Yesterday during lunch I sat right next to a cutie lady who turned 50. What is the chance of us 2 birthday girls sitting down together. So she just walked in and i asked if i could buy her a drink. She ordered cranberry juice. 

I didnt even know plain cranberry juice was a voucher item? I learned something new. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Yesterday during lunch I sat right next to a cutie lady who turned 50. What is the chance of us 2 birthday girls sitting down together. So she just walked in and i asked if i could buy her a drink. She ordered cranberry juice. 

I didnt even know plain cranberry juice was a voucher item? I learned something new. 

Now that's quite a coincidence.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well now I know it's a charge of 3.50. ..if I ever want a glass. I assumed juice was free except for the fresh squeezed. 

I guess if you don't see a juice sitting out in the WJ at breakfast it's not free.

If we weren't saving our vouchers for alcohol I'd likely use some for fresh squeezed OJ like you do. I'm not a fan of the free OJ and if I'm done drinking DL cappuccino I just have water with breakfast.

Pickleball tournament starts at 4 pm, they been practicing.  About 10 minutes is a tournament. Seems to be a lot of interest.

Right out from wipe out cafe and I snitched some chips and dip. I havent yet had a soft serve chocolate ice cream and sorely want one but it will ruin my appetite. Hard choice. 

Male and female refs. He says he wants some of the profit. He knows it's going on cc and said ok to post. Cute attitude. 

20230929_154233.jpg

20230929_155624.jpg

20230929_155446.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

wipe out cafe

Have you noticed how crowded Wipe Out Cafe has been?

The full version of El Loco Fresh wasn't bad at all on Wonder, especially if you went for a mid-afternoon snack. Just wondering how bad it is on Allure since it's a different layout and they kinda quickly shoved El Loco Fresh food in there when she moved from FL to TX.

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have you noticed how crowded Wipe Out Cafe has been?

The full version of El Loco Fresh wasn't bad at all on Wonder, especially if you went for a mid-afternoon snack. Just wondering how bad it is on Allure since it's a different layout and they kinda quickly shoved El Loco Fresh food in there when she moved from FL to TX.

Hasnt been crowded at all. Might be tomorrow which is a sea day.

4 of my dinner companions are all into law enforcement and so I cut out. They ordered and got more and more lobsters for no extra cost. First it was the man ordered for the missing guy and got 3 with his wifes, then said these girls lobsters were stale, and he got 2 or 3 more and the other woman each got one. I was full and declined. I knew I shouldnt have that soft serve cone but I did. I'm not a big eater. The citrus avacado salad was yummy and my lobster cooked perfectly. Last week was mush. I heard they had a meeting today how to serve lobster though idk how hard it is to serve. Maybe they got complaints last week. Tonight's was so much better. Idk but they kept them coming and coming. It's not like they were offering to get them out of the shell. Cant imagine a long meeting on how to serve lobster.

Surprisingly I got along much better with a couple last night who I think we didnt agree on anything but just enjoyed talking. I'd seen it before on fb how all the problems are boomers fault. And he explained to me why, we are holding onto all the countrys wealth and when we die it will be spread out and fix the economy. .. hahahaha knowing I'm a boomer. I showed him how to read a stock chart. This week was all about guns not my thing. So we said our goodbyes tonight. I have nothing against guns just not fascinated by them. 

The food was worth it tonight. Perfect. .. piled next to me, some of many piled up. One more night then home. 

20230929_175750.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Hasnt been crowded at all.

Good to hear. I didn't think ELF was amazing on Wonder but since my wife doesn't eat Mexican, I can always go grab a taco for a snack... oh wait, she does eat plain tortilla chips.

Good to hear the lobster improved. No lobster on our 5-nighter but that's fine. There's something else on the lobster night menu my wife will actually eat for our Wonder cruises... so I guess she's supposed to order lobster and give it to me, then eat the entree she actually wants.

Disagreement is OK as long as it's handled civilly. Gun talk... ummm... yeah, I'd have excused myself too. Same deal, just not something I know anything about so I'd be sitting there with a blank look on my face. Of course, in reality, I'm too introverted to sit with strangers so if I sailed solo I'd probably be at a 2-top posting pics in between courses here on CC, lol.