Boarding times

Gracie115

35 minutes ago, Barbara60 said:

So if I board after 1pm or so is there anywhere to grab a bite? I don't imagine they have afternoon tea on boarding day.

The Terrace /WAVES  & Barristas  have  snacks

Correct  no Afternoon tea in Horizons

32 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Per their website it indicates for the R class ships the PH suites board at 11:00 along with the upper tiers, but for Marina, Riviera and Vista it is Noon for the PH suites, an hour later than the upper tiers. Again, just per their website and however accurate that may or may not be. 

So far, everyone can board at 11 am or later (if the boarding time is available when checking in).

What varies is when cabins are available and luggage is delivered (starting with top suites, PH, then regular cabins available...usually around 3 pm with luggage by 4 pm).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Is there room service the afternoon of embarkation day?

Maybe  after 6 pm  but the crew are very busy  delivering luggage & other  duties

If in a top suite  maybe your Butler can get something  for you ??

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Barbara60 said:

So if I board after 1pm or so is there anywhere to grab a bite? I don't imagine they have afternoon tea on boarding day.

Not at least on Riviera/Marina/Vista but you can always get something at "Waves" on the pool deck until around 1600.   I haven't been on the R ships so can't speak to those...

23 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

While we haven't gone so far as to have lunch somewhere local we do regularly show up later to embark. I asked the question because we are new to Oceania and didn't know what the protocols were.  Pretty sure we will stick to our 1PM or after arrival.  I like your idea though and perhaps sometime when we are embarking in a port that is of interest we may do exactly as you say.  Miami just isn't one of them for us.  Thanks!🙂

I certainly respect your decision.  But if you are up for it, Old Havana in Miami is right at the cruise ship terminal and has many Cuban restaurants with authentic dishes that can’t be duplicated on the ship.

• Like 1