Kids sail free

cunninghamjr

29 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Watch how the adult base price goes up for the kids sail free promotion. Never noticed much difference between the standard price and kids sail free price. Esp the dates we travel..

Actually I have not noticed this.

What you are seeing is a comparison between a double occupancy cabin and a quad occupancy cabin where there has always been a difference in the price of the first 2 guests.  That pricing difference is simply due to supply and demand as there are a lot fewer quad cabins on most Royal ships I have repriced numerous bookings when KSF was added and seen substantial savings for clients.  to compare apples to apples price out 4 adults in a room vs 2 adults and 2 kids and you can see the savings are indeed real.

You want to see supply and demand at work then check out pricing on the Icon for March 2025 the first week where it is a KSF.  A double occupancy balcony is starts at $6855 for 2 adults.  Add in 2 kids under KSF and the price of a comparable balcony is $6476.  Icon has 80% of its rooms designed for quad occupancy, a complete turnaround form other ships in the fleet

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What you are seeing is a comparison between a double occupancy cabin and a quad occupancy cabin where there has always been a difference in the price of the first 2 guests.  That pricing difference is simply due to supply and demand as there are a lot fewer quad cabins on most Royal ships I have repriced numerous bookings when KSF was added and seen substantial savings for clients.  to compare apples to apples price out 4 adults in a room vs 2 adults and 2 kids and you can see the savings are indeed real.

You want to see supply and demand at work then check out pricing on the Icon for March 2025 the first week where it is a KSF.  A double occupancy balcony is starts at $6855 for 2 adults.  Add in 2 kids under KSF and the price of a comparable balcony is $6476.  Icon has 80% of its rooms designed for quad occupancy, a complete turnaround form other ships in the fleet

A) those are some crazy numbers for Icon
B) thanks for that explanation!!! most logical and factual post about something I've often wondered when pricing the KSF!

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Totally agree with what you said about Icon, the adult base prices do go down when adding a 3rd and 4th passenger. Also when you "reprice" a cruise then yes your clients will get good savings compared to their initial non KSF booking. We in the UK do not get that option 🤷

I think its down to the wording of the deal. To show a price of two adults for say £500 each and then add KSF for £99 you would expect the price to be £1099. However as you then have to have a different category of room the adult price shoots up. So you could end up paying £1200 per adult and £99 for the KSF. So for me the KSF deal is not really a good deal unless you can reprice a current booking. 

5 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Totally agree with what you said about Icon, the adult base prices do go down when adding a 3rd and 4th passenger. Also when you "reprice" a cruise then yes your clients will get good savings compared to their initial non KSF booking. We in the UK do not get that option 🤷

I think its down to the wording of the deal. To show a price of two adults for say £500 each and then add KSF for £99 you would expect the price to be £1099. However as you then have to have a different category of room the adult price shoots up. So you could end up paying £1200 per adult and £99 for the KSF. So for me the KSF deal is not really a good deal unless you can reprice a current booking. 

You are still looking at it as comparing a room with 2 adults to a room with 4 people.  Look at the cost of the room with 4 adults to the cost of the room with 2 adults and 2 kids to give you an idea of the savings.  The difference in pricing between double occupancy and quads is not going away so there is no point in comparing the two.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don't even want to see the Canadian $ pricing.😮

Sadly we're in the same pricing demographic as our fellow Canadians...... which is to say nothing currently booked. Sigh.
In fact, anecdotally, I think we are geographically fairly close to yourself.

On 9/25/2023 at 4:32 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

Two words.. .Group Rates.

Few more words @Ourusualbeach

No direct messaging on Cruise Critic..... and several times wondered how to make contact with another fellow Canadian about group rates... these two are completely unrelated statements mr/mrs moderator........ honest....... sigh
One day perhaps we shall cross paths in a roll call and I'll be able to meet in person 😊

Edited by NateUpNorth