Embarkation Southampton Port

holiday forever

40 minutes ago, holiday forever said:

Are they strict with times to check-in at Southampton port , we did have 11am-12 time only a few days ago I booked a coach to arrive at Southampton 11.30 , on Saturday they have changed it to 3pm-4 so annoyed. 

Never had any time check.

We aim for early(10:30) and hope not too busy.

if it is busy drop bags and consider heading into town.

worth checking there is no delay planned.

we had one trip when the French strikes ship did not get in till nearer noon.

We have a check in time of 17:00 that was given to us initially and has never changed. However we are Aurea experience that is supposed the be Priority boarding. Doesn’t seem to be very priority to me. If we turn up earlier than 17:00 will we be able to board or be told to wait? 

Appreciate this will only be from other passengers previous experience. 

Thanks

Having been on several cruises with msc, check in times have always changed before you get your final tickets. The only time they checked our check in time was when they started out after covid as we went on one of their first cruises out of Southampton but that didn't last long as I then went a few weeks later and that had gone out of the window. We went on the Virtuosa with 4 other members of our family back in April, all in Aurea and we all had different check in times so we all went at 10 got on no probs. So unless anything has changed since then I wouldn't worry about it. I'm on the World Europa in 24 days and our check in is at 3 but we will be in long before that with msc transfers so will just check in once we arrive.

4 hours ago, Pandacruisers said:

we are Aurea experience that is supposed the be Priority boarding. Doesn’t seem to be very priority to me.

Priority boarding does not mean Priority check in, you only get the priority when you are after check-in, but usually, the boarding has already started and you walk straight on after security.

I was on the Virtuosa on the September 2nd sailing. We had a check in time of noon.  When we arrived at 11:50am it looked like every other passenger was also there. The lines were huge and it took a full hour to get to the luggage drop off point. They did not appear to be checking anybody’s listed check in time.

"Get there when you get there" is always my response to this question. I've had numerous MSC cruises since they implemented check-in times and not once has anyone asked to see the paperwork with the time on it. However and whenever you get to the cruise terminal, just drop your luggage and get in the line. No one is going to ask for your time slot.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:54 PM, mackfam said:

I was on the Virtuosa on the September 2nd sailing. We had a check in time of noon.  When we arrived at 11:50am it looked like every other passenger was also there. The lines were huge and it took a full hour to get to the luggage drop off point. They did not appear to be checking anybody’s listed check in time.

We have seen those lines for the bag drop, usually caused by the people parking with ABP they contoll the line into the carpark.

We drive up, drop the bags no line then go park.

• 2 weeks later...

As an extra question about embarkation at Southampton, its been a while since I've cruised with MSC but their regulations seem to suggest that passengers cannot board with soft drinks or even a bottle of water. Are they totally strict about this as I like to keep a bottle of water with me just so I stay hydrated, or will Security confiscate my bottle ?

9 hours ago, number5 said:

As an extra question about embarkation at Southampton, its been a while since I've cruised with MSC but their regulations seem to suggest that passengers cannot board with soft drinks or even a bottle of water. Are they totally strict about this as I like to keep a bottle of water with me just so I stay hydrated, or will Security confiscate my bottle ?

I've never had an issue with one small bottle, in hand luggage, that you're obviously clearly using. It's turning up with a 2ltr bottle or packs of drinks that's the issue. In my experience anyway.