When does NCL decorate for Christmas

karinad

I sailed on the Prima last year on December 3 and all of the decorations were put up over the first couple days of our cruise, including a huge gingerbread display the chefs created. That was the second week after Thanksgiving, so I don't know if they waited until December to decorate. Maybe others can chime in as to when their ships were decorated.

• Like 1

Decorations start going up shortly after midnight on Thanksgiving night.  This year that will mean decorations start going up at 12:01 A.M. Friday November 24th.  The Gingerbread Village decorations go up a couple of weeks later (early December).

• Like 2

We never cruised at this time of year, usually October is our time. This cruise is from Nov 26 to Dec. 6. Maybe it would help get me in a festive mood after a bad year. I wish the Christmas fairy's would come and decorate my house while I'm gone! Thank you so much for the answers!

29 minutes ago, karinad said:

We never cruised at this time of year, usually October is our time. This cruise is from Nov 26 to Dec. 6. Maybe it would help get me in a festive mood after a bad year. I wish the Christmas fairy's would come and decorate my house while I'm gone! Thank you so much for the answers!

I really hope that the trees will grow for you on your cruise. If they get the decorations up, there will be something in the Atrium and trees at every restaurant.... and maybe a gingerbread city somewhere. We are cruising the following week, so hoping for some Christmas spirit on our voyage too. 

Prima 2022

image.png.3046fd8dbaf9ae2805cedc118b4fa74d.png

image.png.9cec41d8a7ae6f17dc5698963e4b14bf.pngimage.png.ef5819d7dcf96b81f1091556efe83617.png

image.png.c2b0a2dd58c8aa0fe6f04a517315a275.png

Encore 2019

image.png.17f9d4edddf4153ca597b91383659d94.png

image.png.400adcf197b2ebca32003597c62e7a5c.png

image.png.27e751b98941c297ba1487690d68c166.png

image.thumb.png.1c8b8a5968167d28acde1cb483722893.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, karinad said:

We're considering the week after Thanksgiving on the Getaway. Will it be decorated for the holidays?

I sailed on Getaway the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we did not have decorations.  They started setting them up as we were disembarking.

• Like 1