3 nights pre-cruise in Rotterdam

8 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Can anyone suggest accommodation for 3 nights pre-cruise and "what to do" in Rotterdam.

Does it have to be Rotterdam? One obvious location for that length of time would be Amsterdam, but I don't know whether you have reasons for specifically wanting to be in Rotterdam.

If you do stay in Rotterdam, my first suggestion for accommodation would be the ss Rotterdam.

35 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Does it have to be Rotterdam? One obvious location for that length of time would be Amsterdam, but I don't know whether you have reasons for specifically wanting to be in Rotterdam.

If you do stay in Rotterdam, my first suggestion for accommodation would be the ss Rotterdam.

We are staying in Amsterdam post cruise. Ss Rotterdam booked out.

4 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

We are staying in Amsterdam post cruise.

Without wanting to be rude, three nights in Rotterdam pre-cruise and a stay in Amsterdam post-cruise seems like a lot of time in a fairly small part of Europe, particularly when (as it seems) you don't really have a pressing reason to stay in Rotterdam? But if so, Hotel New York, Nhow Hotel or Inntel Rotterdam Centre have previously been mentioned on this board. 

'What to do' is so subjective to your own likes and dislikes that it is hardly worth trying to guess! Rotterdam is a very strikingly modern city, but nonetheless quite easy to walk. But personally, I'd be visiting other towns in the Netherlands, at least, or staying in another great European city. 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 8:34 PM, Bizziecruzer said:

Can anyone suggest accommodation for 3 nights pre-cruise and "what to do" in Rotterdam. We are fairly active mid 60's couple. Thanks

Madurodam, the miniature city, is near Den Haag about 30 kms away. Perhaps half an hour by car. Well worth consideration…

Hotel New York in the former headoffice of HAL; right across the cruise terminal.  And quite a few nice hotels in the center. If you choose a hotel near the Centraal Station you can easily travel by rail to The Hague, Delft, Gouda, etc.  And a short ride in a watertaxi across the river brings you to the waterbus that could bring you to Dordrecht etc or for example to the windmills of Kinderdijk.