Princess cruises Medalion

This is my first Princess cruise booked. Is anyone having trouble booking dinner reservations or tours through the medallion. It never seems to work and is so frustrating. I have never had any trouble with previous cruise lines we have been on.

The Medallion can be so frustrating. I have had occasions when I have booked dining times only to have them disappear later. Any problems can be sorted out on board. If you haven't got the times you want, as soon as you board, phone the DINE line.

I have booked tours using the Cruise Personalizer on my PC.

2 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

I have booked dining through Ocean Ready on PC though found I had to do each day separately and then they changed three of them, still three months out.

When I had that happen, I went onto 'live chat' with a Princess rep. The person wasn't able to give me all the times that I wanted, but I got it corrected as soon as I got on board.

1 minute ago, valantine80 said:

I have booked dining through Ocean Ready on PC though found I had to do each day separately and then they changed three of them, still three months out.

I've always booked the main dining room painstakingly one day at a time rather than using the same time every day option as I read ages ago that the same time option wasn't working properly and people's bookings were disappearing. I don't know if the glitch was ever fixed or not, I just don't want to take the chance.

2 minutes ago, Jean C said:

I've always booked the main dining room painstakingly one day at a time rather than using the same time every day option as I read ages ago that the same time option wasn't working properly and people's bookings were disappearing. I don't know if the glitch was ever fixed or not, I just don't want to take the chance.

Good thinking. However, I managed to do the 'same time every day' for the recent World Cruise.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Good thinking. However, I managed to do the 'same time every day' for the recent World Cruise.

Now that would have been a pain to book one day at a time! I did it for 35 days!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, maukin said:

This is my first Princess cruise booked. Is anyone having trouble booking dinner reservations or tours through the medallion. It never seems to work and is so frustrating. I have never had any trouble with previous cruise lines we have been on.

Do you have a credit card registered? You will need one to pre-book tours or specialty restaurants. You should be able to book dining room regardless.

I am not having any issues accessing dining bookings for cruises next month, next year, or the year after. The dine line is an option, but my experience with them is less favourable than the app.

8 hours ago, maukin said:

When is your cruise? Only Elite Captain's Circle passengers can book dining before final payment date so it may just be too early. 

Also don't click on  Explore Dining Options, that seems to only work once you're onboard.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Also don't click on  Explore Dining Options, that seems to only work once you're onboard

This is what i have been doing!!! And all it just keeps telling me is "to check back closer to sail date"? But how do you make specialty dinning reservations then, all i can do is book the MDR for our cruise in 3 weeks? Nothing else.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

This is what i have been doing!!! And all it just keeps telling me is "to check back closer to sail date"? But how do you make specialty dinning reservations then, all i can do is book the MDR for our cruise in 3 weeks? Nothing else.

Thanks

Click on Dine My way.

Then choose "View or book individual daily reservations"

Then click on "Add reservation"

Then click "Speciality Dining"

Confirm your party for dining.

Then you should see the speciality restaurants and what times are available. You shpuld be able to work it out from there but let me know if you can't. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Click on Dine My way.

Ah, Many thanks 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Click on Dine My way.

Then you should see the speciality restaurants and what times are available. You shpuld be able to work it out from there but let me know if you can't. 

Thanks for the info,but I haven’t even been able to log in to the app. It keeps saying having connection trouble try later.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

When is your cruise? Only Elite Captain's Circle passengers can book dining before final payment date so it may just be too early. 

Also don't click on  Explore Dining Options, that seems to only work once you're onboard.

Booked on the NZ cruise 29 Nov.

13 hours ago, maukin said:

Thanks for the info,but I haven’t even been able to log in to the app. It keeps saying having connection trouble try later.

That's odd. I got into the app OK while I was posting the Dine My Way instructions. I did have to try twice to get in though, the first time it just spun its wheels

17 hours ago, maukin said:

You do need to set up a medallion account. Your My Princess/Personaliser ID does not register you for the medallion app. You can use the same user name & pass as for the personaliser, but you need to register it on medallion first.

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

You do need to set up a medallion account. Your My Princess/Personaliser ID does not register you for the medallion app. You can use the same user name & pass as for the personaliser, but you need to register it on medallion first.

I don't recall having to do that. I'm sure I just logged into the app using my regular Princess login. 

On 10/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Click on Dine My way.

That process is what I've been trying with no luck. I have theoretically two dining credits for specialty dining and I'm sailing in 15 days. It will let me choose a day, time, offers me only the Crown Grill - okay, I have a credit card on file with them and when it goes to process the transaction (shouldn't need to charge the card anyway as it shows I have a dining credit) it doesn't complete. Previously it's just failed without notification and tonight it says an 'error occurred' and re-sets itself.

Frustrating. I have two dining credits for a 5 night cruise and no way to make a booking! I hope it's going to be possible to make at least one booking on board and that the restaurants won't be booked out. I thought there was a Sabatinis on the Grand but it's not offering me any times for that one now although it did a few weeks ago - still wasn't able to book it, I could just see it was there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

That process is what I've been trying with no luck. I have theoretically two dining credits for specialty dining and I'm sailing in 15 days. It will let me choose a day, time, offers me only the Crown Grill - okay, I have a credit card on file with them and when it goes to process the transaction (shouldn't need to charge the card anyway as it shows I have a dining credit) it doesn't complete. Previously it's just failed without notification and tonight it says an 'error occurred' and re-sets itself.

Frustrating. I have two dining credits for a 5 night cruise and no way to make a booking! I hope it's going to be possible to make at least one booking on board and that the restaurants won't be booked out. I thought there was a Sabatinis on the Grand but it's not offering me any times for that one now although it did a few weeks ago - still wasn't able to book it, I could just see it was there.

The Catch disappeared from Majestic's dining for a bit. Bulletproof it aint.

Good luck. We are also less than 4 weeks from testing the waters. I was able to get vouchers booked in before they started to restrict it a few months ago, but not to say they won't stick to the terms of the package and reallocate times/dates/restaurants. 

20 minutes ago, maukin said:

Can anyone please help with this ongoing problem that many of us have

Unfortunately there is nothing more we can do as the problem sounds like yet another bug in the medallion software and/or lack of planning by Princess.