Upgrade offer

floridaphilly

I am sailing from Lisbon to Miami and have been offered an upgrade from Veranda to Penthouse, but the suite is handicapped assessible. I don’t mind the walk in shower witha bench but is it a good idea. We are on Sojourn and the suite is 635. The cost is less than 1000.00

Any insignt would be greatly appreciated.

We took up an upgrade in July on Encore at about 50% discount. It was from PH to Wintergarden Suite and the advice from posters here was "go for it". We had no regrets at all.

However, the whole trip was a surprise for my wife to celebrate her special birthday- so slightly different

In PH it is all about space - if this means a lot to you and you can afford 1000 (I assume US$) - go for it. You only live once

17 hours ago, floridaphilly said:

I am sailing from Lisbon to Miami and have been offered an upgrade from Veranda to Penthouse, but the suite is handicapped assessible. I don’t mind the walk in shower witha bench but is it a good idea. We are on Sojourn and the suite is 635. The cost is less than 1000.00

My DH and I really love the extra space that a PH offers.  The layout of the bedroom through the closet to the bathroom is a little odd, but it didn't bother us.  I like that the bedroom can be separated from the remainder of the suite, as DH tends to get up before I do.  Other than the extra space, there aren't really any other "perks" to a PH vs a Veranda.

Go for it!  When we have had a penthouse, we enjoyed having the semi-separate living room we used for hosting cocktail parties for friends we made on board.  The toilet is also separate from the rest of the bathroom, which is very helpful. The closet is huge. For $1000 each, live it up.

Enjoy yourselves no matter what you decide.

Linda

We had that specific suite last year and it was great, perfect location. It’s more like an owner’s suite size than a penthouse actually.   The larger shower is a bonus and the suite has a very large separate powder room.   I’ll try to post photos.  IMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.51084a2a0049b6cd50ed6e3451ec06f1.jpegIMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.51084a2a0049b6cd50ed6e3451ec06f1.jpegIMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.51084a2a0049b6cd50ed6e3451ec06f1.jpegIMG_0323.thumb.jpeg.4fa8aa2786eb278093a6115f06c48141.jpegIMG_0324.thumb.jpeg.51084a2a0049b6cd50ed6e3451ec06f1.jpegIMG_0321.thumb.jpeg.b094802989a4546c88aacd8dfbc448a7.jpeg

IMG_0322.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/3/2023 at 11:06 PM, floridaphilly said:

On same sailing but no upgrade offers coming my way, jealous.

• Like 1

Labates629, thank you for the pictures. Looks pretty amazing to me. I would totally love that balcony!  The only thing that made me think ‘that was a miss’, (and could have been totally different in person, was that brown couch!  Would that have impacted me in a negative way, nope. I would have enjoyed that stateroom a lot. Have a blast floridaphilly!

8 hours ago, Nops said:

On same sailing but no upgrade offers coming my way, jealous.

Assume this means that only selected agents receive these upgrade offers.

How do you determine which agents receive them?

Assume no use asking agent as they are quite likely to say yes they do regardless !

3 hours ago, Sunprince said:

I wonder when they will be refurbishing the interior of the suites? I didn’t realize how dated the decor now is. Or perhaps purple chairs, maroon drapes and a brown sofa was never a great choice to begin with.

Even the 2 new expedition ships have very dated interiors, not sure why they like that grandmother stuff so much.

I think a fresh of breath air is very much needed.

I have gone on for years about how the loveliest colour scheme for ships, particularly in the suites, would be sea related; shades of blue and green, with a sandy shade to make you think of the beach. Restful and pleasing. And I am a grandmother.

• Like 5

On 10/11/2023 at 8:15 AM, tv24 said:

I am not a grandmother, but we too are on this crossing from Lisbon.  And we too were offered an upgrade to the Peel-Me-a-Grape Suite and we took it.  It was a very good buy.

Does your travel agent normally have upgrade offers?

25 minutes ago, Lilly55 said:

Yes and no.  This is the first time for Seabourn.  We have had offers on other lines like Cunard and Princess.

3 hours ago, Lilly55 said:

We have had a few upgrade offers over the years with Seabourn but not every sailing.

We just got one yesterday for an upcoming cruise and because there are quite a few sea days and the price was reasonable we took it. We did check to see how many PH was available and which ones. As there were only two and we liked the position of one we made our decision quickly because they can disappear quick as they put the offer out to multiple passengers.

On 10/13/2023 at 1:38 AM, FlyingScotSailors said:

The upgrade offers we have received have come directly from Seabourn, not from the several travel agents we have used to book the cruises.

I understand the offers come from Seabourn but they only appear to go to certain agents - mine not being one of them 😀