Upgrade offer

floridaphilly

14 minutes ago, Travels with Lisa said:

I'm in the US.  Seabourn sent the offer to my TA, who then forwarded to me.  It was about 7 weeks prior to sailing.

I received an offer from my TA in UK for a January sailing, it was basically a forwarded  letter from Seabourn with the upgrade offer. PH suite on Venture for £499 per person and wintergarden for I think £3299 pp.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Reef Knot said:

I received an offer from my TA in UK for a January sailing, it was basically a forwarded  letter from Seabourn with the upgrade offer. PH suite on Venture for £499 per person and wintergarden for I think £3299 pp.

Assume you are referring to January 23? Ie not receiving an offer now for January 24

Received a call from our TA last week, just over 3 weeks out. £199pp to upgrade from V1 to V2 on Quest. Unfortunately we might not be travelling because of family illness but in any event we are booked OB so if we do travel we may get an upgrade for nothing in any event. 

8 hours ago, Lilly55 said:

Are the people receiving the Seabourn upgrade offers from TAs in the UK or the US?

Thanks

I'm in Australia so I don't think it matters too much. Ours was for a Jan 24 sailing.

Edited by frantic36

10 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

think I might accept that V1/V2

V2 on Quest have metal on balcony also. Never been in V1 or V2 before but suite size is exactly the same, we are great sailors so never troubled by rough seas and we have been initially allocated midships anyway. Of course the most important reason is I am a tight Scotsman. $500 will cover some trips.

4 hours ago, Dunnedg said:

V2 on Quest have metal on balcony also. Never been in V1 or V2 before but suite size is exactly the same, we are great sailors so never troubled by rough seas and we have been initially allocated midships anyway. Of course the most important reason is I am a tight Scotsman. $500 will cover some trips.

Only V1’s, which are all the cabins on deck 5, have a metal bottom 

Nancy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nancygp said:

Only V1’s, which are all the cabins on deck 5, have a metal bottom 

Certainly confusing. When Seabourn classified their suites, V1 to V6, half the suites on deck 5 were V1 and half V2 and they all had metal bottoms. Now they only operate with V1 to V4, deck 5 suites are all classified as V1 which of course are all metal bottoms. So we were both correct😀.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dunnedg said:

Exactly why we were happy with V3. We spend time on our balcony and while I know the metal bottom is perfectly fine for many, we really want to enjoy without. When I stated that, I did not realize they were included in OB so thank you for clarifying. Good to know. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 12:21 AM, Vineyard View said:

Exactly why we were happy with V3. We spend time on our balcony and while I know the metal bottom is perfectly fine for many, we really want to enjoy without. When I stated that, I did not realize they were included in OB so thank you for clarifying. Good to know. 

38 minutes ago, Jimmyford51 said:

We are currently booked in a Guaranteed V1-2. Received an offer to upgrade to Guaranteed V3-4 for $199 pp. We passed since anywhere on the ship works for us. 

My only hesitation with V1/2 is if your itinerary involves anchoring at all. That early morning wakeup isn't always desirable. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 2:21 PM, markandjie said:

My only hesitation with V1/2 is if your itinerary involves anchoring at all. That early morning wakeup isn't always desirable. 

Doesnt that depend on where you are on the ship?... Are you saying every v1/v2 cabin hears the anchor? We were in a v1  on the odyssey and NEVER heard the anchor.