Bringing wine on board

MaiTaiMary

10 minutes ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

On the last two we brought bottles aboard, we were not charged.  Both times were FLL.  

Count your blessings.  Sometimes there is no wine desk and other times the law is laid down.  Plan for the worst (to pay) and if you don’t have to that’s great.  I board in Amsterdam tomorrow - bought a bottle of wine at duty free as I thought I would be here earlier than I was (plane delays of hours).  Very pricey so it’s going on board and if I get charged (which I fully expect) so be it.  If I’m not all the better. 

• Like 3

You can bring a "reasonable" number of bottles onboard, of which all are subject to $20 corkage each bottle. If you carry on, after going through ship security there will be a table where they will count your bottles and put your name on a list. (Check your statement to make sure amount is correct). If you bring bottles in your portered luggage and it doesn't make it to your cabin, it's probably below deck in the naughty baggage room and you will get a call (when they get to it). Sometimes people are able to sneak bottles on, but not always. 

I am doing a wine tour in Chile before boarding. I am also planning on buying a couple bottles to bring back to America as gifts. Does anyone know if there is a process to turn them over when I board and pick them up when disembarking? 

53 minutes ago, Jo-D said:

I am doing a wine tour in Chile before boarding. I am also planning on buying a couple bottles to bring back to America as gifts. Does anyone know if there is a process to turn them over when I board and pick them up when disembarking? 

Wondering the same thing as hubby and I will be touring in Italy before boarding in Barcelona. Following this thread... 

54 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

In the past you just sent them to storage (just like when you buy liquor) and it’s delivered to you the night before you disembark.

This is what I did on our summer Alaskan cruise.  I purchased a number of bottles of vodka and gin from a local distillery in Haines for Christmas gifts.  I got onboard and left them with the gentleman manning the drink table.  On the last night of the cruise, they were delivered to our stateroom.

Just a cautionary tale--I took a picture of what I had purchased.  Of the six bottles, two were of a smaller size and brand.  My room steward took my picture and went away for an hour.  My two bottles had been delivered to a different guest!  I did finally get my purchases back but I'm glad I had photographic proof (yes, even though the receipt tag I received did indicate the correct number, size and brand!).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

This is what I did on our summer Alaskan cruise.  I purchased a number of bottles of vodka and gin from a local distillery in Haines for Christmas gifts.  I got onboard and left them with the gentleman manning the drink table.  On the last night of the cruise, they were delivered to our stateroom.

Just a cautionary tale--I took a picture of what I had purchased.  Of the six bottles, two were of a smaller size and brand.  My room steward took my picture and went away for an hour.  My two bottles had been delivered to a different guest!  I did finally get my purchases back but I'm glad I had photographic proof (yes, even though the receipt tag I received did indicate the correct number, size and brand!).

Thank you for the tip! I'll be sure to take a picture of whatever I bring on board! Now to go to Amazon for packing materials for the bottles!