Israel Next week Voyager

lux4me

Regent has said what they are doing. 

“We are not offering refunds or Future Cruise Credits for guests who prefer to cancel their reservation entirely. Normal cancellation penalties will apply.“

we were booked too when St Petersburg got taken off of the itinerary.  But we had the option of cancelling or changing to another itinerary.  

Going to be a “lovely sailing” 😂 with a bunch of passengers who don’t want to be onboard. 

I would like to see something in writing that RSSC is not working with the guests for a refund or re-book option,  I have not seen such a letter and I’m onboard.. 

They have been extremely accommodating and informative. They are doing their job to keep us SAFE there is nothing more important than that! 
they have the right to change the itinerary at any time to do so. 

• Like 6

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CRUISE ITINERARY:

SEVEN SEAS VOYAGER® DEPARTING OCTOBER 15, 2023

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner,

We would like to inform you of a change to your upcoming Seven Seas Voyager voyage.

As a result of the tragic events currently taking place in Israel, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the Seven Seas Voyager’s scheduled calls to Jerusalem (Haifa) on October 15 and Jerusalem (Ashdod) on October 16and 17, 2023.  

Embarkation on October 15, 2023, will now take place in Istanbul, Turkey.  

The modified portion of your itinerary is below:

Date

Port

Arrive

Depart

15-Oct

Istanbul, Turkey

Embark

7:00PM

16-Oct

At Sea

-----

-----

17-Oct

At Sea

-----

-----

RSSC.com will be updated shortly to reflect the updated itinerary.

The safety and security of our guests, crew and the communities we visit is always our top priority and we appreciate your understanding during this fluid situation.  

Visas

Most nationalities (including U.S. and Canadian) will require Turkish Electronic Visa (eVisa) prior to arrival.  The eVisa can be secured by visiting https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/.  The completed visa must be printed and available to present upon arrival.

Land Programs

Confirmed Pre-Cruise Land Programs and Overland Tours in Haifa and Ashdod will be automatically removed and refunded* within 15 days to the original form of payment, if applicable.

Flights, Hotels and Transfers

Regent Cruise Package Guests

Guests who reserved a Regent cruise and flight package, we are currently working to reschedule your flights.  Once your new schedule is complete, you will receive an updated itinerary by email.  Unfortunately, due to the condensed timeline, we are unable to accommodate custom air requests.  If your new itinerary will require a pre-cruise hotel stay, we will update your booking accordingly and send a new confirmation.  We have proactively secured accommodations at the InterContinental Istanbul.  If applicable, your pre-cruise hotel will include transfers and breakfast daily.  All other meals will be at your leisure.  

Guests who secured a custom air itinerary for their original schedule will receive a refund.

Cruise Only

Guests who arranged independent air, hotel and transfers will need to contact providers and reschedule accordingly.

All receipts for change fees or other out of pocket expenses related to this itinerary change, should be kept for any claims submitted to your travel insurance.

We are not offering refunds or Future Cruise Credits for guests who prefer to cancel their reservation entirely.  Normal cancellation penalties will apply.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seven Seas Voyager.

Edited by lux4me

22 minutes ago, SarahV2023 said:

I would like to see something in writing that RSSC is not working with the guests for a refund or re-book option,  I have not seen such a letter and I’m onboard.. 

They have been extremely accommodating and informative. They are doing their job to keep us SAFE there is nothing more important than that! 

Please see post above 

7 hours ago, bitob said:

I was in Turkey in April for 5th time 

I will be back in February 

and back to Egypt. 
I love both places 

Gabriel Giffords was shot at my safeway

i still shop there 

there is danger everywhere in the world 

especially in us

more guns here than anywhere else

more mass shootings 

There is a big, big difference between a crazy person shooting a congresswoman and a war in the Middle East, the largest in 50 years, between the state of Israel and the terrorist group Hamas. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, lux4me said:

As a result of the tragic events currently taking place in Israel, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the Seven Seas Voyager’s scheduled calls to Jerusalem (Haifa) on October 15 and Jerusalem (Ashdod) on October 16and 17, 2023.  

We are not offering refunds or Future Cruise Credits for guests who prefer to cancel their reservation entirely.  Normal cancellation penalties will apply.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Seven Seas Voyager.

It was a “difficult decision” to cancel Israel? Are you kidding me? It was an obvious decision. 

And the decision not to offer refunds or even a FCC to passengers who want to cancel is shameful. 

I’m not on the cruise but I have been sailing Regent for 20 years. There was a time when we would not even question Regent’s reputation for doing what’s right and taking care of its passengers. It seems to be a different company now. 

No passenger should be forced to take this cruise or lose tens of thousands of dollars. So much for passenger safety is first and foremost in whatever we do. 

Just because a company has a legal right to do something does not make it acceptable. 

Tom. 

• Like 8

Just now, Golf Mad Girl said:

hope you dont have to be onboard..we think Regent will sort out this problem as best as they can for the safety of their passengers.  Still looking forward to the trip and what may be other interesting ports.  The world is not as safe as place as it use to be..it is what it is dont travel if you cant take the bumps in the road.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Joanandjoe said:

The fact that Regent has the right under its contract to do whatever it wants to do does not mean that they are correct in taking a hard line. Is it a good practice to have cruisers who don't want to be on the cruise?

At the time I commented no official decision had been posted.  All I was suggesting was that instead of the first reaction being the "I'll never sail Regent again" line, that everyone actually WAIT until an official decision was made.  Now that that decision is made, I hope you find a cruise line that will offer you a full refund when a port gets cancelled.  I'm pretty sure that is not going to be the case though.  In the meantime, I highly suggest you take out cruise insurance with the "cancel for any reason" benefit.  Even cruise insurance won't pay out for full cancellation in this case.  If cruise insurance, the vehicle used to protect you against unexpected events, won't pay out, why are you mad at Regent?  They didn't start the war.  Why aren't you mad at your cruise insurance company?  Remember, YOU agreed to  that pesky cruise contract..  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 9

This is the 2nd time the itinerary has changed. 

And just because the cruise line has the right to do it…does not make it the right thing to do.  

This was sold as a holy land cruise

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Or come out of your pocket if you don't have trip interruption insurance or choose to self insure.  

That’s acceptable if the decision was to self-insure. Not recommended, especially for hot-spots like the Middle East……

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

That’s why it’s called self-insurance

And in this case it is moot as the airlines will let you change your flights for free; or, if not, blame the airlines and not the cruise line.

Marc

edited to add:

We were on Voyager in Athens in 2010 where the cruise was cancelled within 24 hours of boarding.  Regent worked very hard getting us flights out of Athens but it still took them over a week to get us all out.  I can understand Regent wanting to transfer some of this burden to the airlines (for those that booked directly with the airlines).

Edited by mrlevin

First, thank you to those onboard the Voyager for giving us info even before we heard officially from Regent.  It’s been well received.  Second, as events escalate in Israel, we are saddened very much by this turn of events, least of which “inconveniences” us travelers.  Third, Regent is keeping to most of its initial itinerary, which we are glad of.  (Though events could escalate.) We have re-booked air & hotel (within an hour) and are looking forward to joining the Voyager in Istanbul. 
Two sea days by the pool onboard amid good company sounds fabulous! 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, lux4me said:

They are not even paying for the change fees for guests that did their own air. 

4 hours ago, lux4me said:

This is the 2nd time the itinerary has changed. 

And just because the cruise line has the right to do it…does not make it the right thing to do.  

This was sold as a holy land cruise

Ok fellow choir member ;). I called RSSC this morning. The RSSC employee said "it is very fluid with the cruise." 

The alternative Regent has given us does not consider the risk a stop in Egypt represents for American citizens at this moment. Their business-based decision has not considered another last minute change in scheduling, an emergency situation once Voyager arrives in Egypt and the many dissatisfied customers who will not travel again with them! Hopefully this situation will get to be covered by the press!!!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SarahV2023 said:

On the roll call for the "Ancient Holy Lands" someone from your cruise (onboard right now) states, " many people onboard have expressed concerns about traveling to Egypt."

It is good to hear you are enjoying your cruise and being well treated. Your comment is appreciated. However I still feel RSSC should offer a refund or credit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pupi17 said:

The alternative Regent has given us does not consider the risk a stop in Egypt represents for American citizens at this moment. Their business-based decision has not considered another last minute change in scheduling, an emergency situation once Voyager arrives in Egypt and the many dissatisfied customers who will not travel again with them! Hopefully this situation will get to be covered by the press!!!

What is the exact risk of stopping in Egypt? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cwn said:

Regent is a business first and foremost. As others have said this area has been a hot spot for many many years. That should always be a consideration.

Valid point.  And in conducting business there is always risk, especially when servicing known hot spots.  Regent knows this is a risk, but rather than absorbing or accessing contingencies (business insurance?) the business risk is apparently being passed on to the customer.  While certainly valid in that this is SOP for cruise lines, it's not a law of nature, simply a business decision.  At some point, customers will decide to stop being victimized by businesses who tell the customer they should have known better; at that point business will suffer.   Let's all hope RSS takes care of their customers over these tragic world events.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roninman said:

Valid point.  And in conducting business there is always risk, especially when servicing known hot spots.  Regent knows this is a risk, but rather than absorbing or accessing contingencies (business insurance?) the business risk is apparently being passed on to the customer.  While certainly valid in that this is SOP for cruise lines, it's not a law of nature, simply a business decision.  At some point, customers will decide to stop being victimized by businesses who tell the customer they should have known better; at that point business will suffer.   Let's all hope RSS takes care of their customers over these tragic world events.  

Another question is why the guests did not get Cancel For Any Reason Insurance...then they would be covered for a port change on a cruise that is still going forward. 

• Like 6

What is frustrating is the lack of communication and urgency. 
Why didn’t they call in the air department to work on this Sunday?  Let’s assume there are 700 pax  /350 cabins on board and 60% on regent air.  Some might be doing back to back.  So there are 210  reservations to change on each cruise .  420 total.  How many air agents does regent have.  That is 210 to change each day assuming no overtime.  That is about 25 reservations per hour to change.  If they have 10 agents working on this that is 2.5 per hour.  Pick up the phone an call the customers and ask what they prefer.  

it is ridiculous that my TA cannot change the air reservation direct with Air France.  It make too much sense to just rebook me and my friends connecting flight on the day we are already scheduled.  I’ll pay for my own hotel and transfers. 

Horrible customer service.

• Like 1

They worked over the weekend and they are working ONLY on this issue today and tomorrow. Most people take Regent Air so they have a LOT of work to do. They will get it done...have a little patience. The Air Department is staffed by wonderful people.

• Like 2

Just now, Pcardad said:

They worked over the weekend and they are working ONLY on this issue today and tomorrow. Most people take Regent Air so they have a LOT of work to do. They will get it done...have a little patience. The Air Department is staffed by wonderful people.

They will get what done ? Change my flight to a different day when I already have one across the pond.  That is not getting it done.  Anyone that was on the pre cruise or deviated early should get a call .  And if they have so much work to do they should give the record to my TA and let them handle it!  Sorry but this is unacceptable.  

• Like 1