Bon Voyage to vaccination/testing requirements for sailing

Karaboudjan

Except that it wasn't NCL who did that. According to the URL you posted, Homeland Security lifted it in May. NCL is just keeping it updated. I'm not sure why you felt this needed a thread, but hey, yes, there are the current requirements. 

14 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

Except that it wasn't NCL who did that. According to the URL you posted, Homeland Security lifted it in May. NCL is just keeping it updated. I'm not sure why you felt this needed a thread, but hey, yes, there are the current requirements. 

It is actually NCL that changed their policy. for Australia. The post nothing to do with United States DHS. 

The reason NCL lifted its final set of COVID protocols is because the Australian  states New South Wales, Queensland, Western Australia and Victoria lifted them: .https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/lifting-of-covid-cruise-ship-protocols#:~:text=Premier Minns has signed paperwork,during the COVID-19 pandemic.

All NCL was doing was following Australia's rules, and when those rules were lifted NCL followed suit. 

• Like 2

All technicalities aside, we are happy the vaccine and test requirements are in the past.  We sailed in October 2021 out of Athens and needed to show negative test before boarding the flight and before boarding the ship.  Very stressful.   Then May 2022 we had to do test on our own before boarding showing negative results…funny (not) we caught norovirus onboard and left with Covid.  October 2022…we paid for an independent test before boarding…and, YAY, a few days before departure, testing requirements to Canada were lifted.

So glad that is behind us.  

46 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

All technicalities aside, we are happy the vaccine and test requirements are in the past.  We sailed in October 2021 out of Athens and needed to show negative test before boarding the flight and before boarding the ship.  Very stressful.   Then May 2022 we had to do test on our own before boarding showing negative results…funny (not) we caught norovirus onboard and left with Covid.  October 2022…we paid for an independent test before boarding…and, YAY, a few days before departure, testing requirements to Canada were lifted.

So glad that is behind us.  

Haha ya I was on a one of the last cruises out of Canada that required testing. Happy that stress is over. Unfortunately I’m certain in my lifetime I will have to deal with that again. 50 years ahead of me it will surely happen again.

36 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

A youngster you must be…lol.  Enjoy all your future cruises.

That I am, getting a year older in a few days but I’m in my early to mid 30s. Lots of travel time left. Taking a big family cruise next year with 4 generations from my 13 year old nephew to my 85 year old grandmother.

• Like 1