Football

PixieMom3

On Thanksgiving, there will probably be on a number of screens throughout the ship including the big screen in the atrium.

You should able to see games on Sunday and Monday Night Football also depending on the satellite feed.  You may even be able to see some games on the television in your cabin.

Every timeslot with an NFL game will be shown.  On Thanksgiving, Sunday, and Monday night, where there are no conflicts, you know the games you'll see.  The 1:00 and 4:00 ET games are luck of the draw.

I remember watching in my cabin but it's also on in O'Sheehans/Local and possibly in the atrium and by the pool.

2 hours ago, PixieMom3 said:

Going to be on the Encore for Thanksgiving, will there be a place/bar to watch football? A place to watch the Sunday we board and that Monday would be nice too. 😀

This is an example of our Encore cruise on Thanksgiving day (in Tortola... like you).

The evening and night games were only at The Local and on cabin TV (which has, maybe, 15 seats at the bar for the 4500 passengers on the ship). At least on our cruise, American football was not a priority. 

image.png.f75466d2d5985537abd768c18dddb0e6.png

4 hours ago, schmoopie17 said:

Waiting for one of our UK friends to stop by to give us their definition of football...😁

Go Pack! (Though they have been inconsistent so far this season...)

I have seen different priorities for showing NFL games on different ships. Even during the playoffs/Super Bowl, you could not count on seeing the games. However, "football" and rugby seemed to get higher priority, particularly if the world cup is going on.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MkeCruzn said:

Even during the playoffs/Super Bowl, you could not count on seeing the games.

The Super Bowl was everywhere on the Prima last season. They had the theatre split down the middle with Eagles fans on the left and Chiefs on the right. HUGE video screen. It was an incredible experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

The Super Bowl was everywhere on the Prima last season. They had the theatre split down the middle with Eagles fans on the left and Chiefs on the right. HUGE video screen. It was an incredible experience.

I'm glad they played it. You had a better experience than we did.

11 minutes ago, MkeCruzn said:

I'm glad they played it. You had a better experience than we did.

This really doesn't do it justice, but gives you the idea anyway:

330768185_2150409958485513_3680505623742031938_n.jpg

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, IAcruising said:

On 10/8/2023 at 10:11 PM, PixieMom3 said:

Going to be on the Encore for Thanksgiving, will there be a place/bar to watch football? A place to watch the Sunday we board and that Monday would be nice too. 😀

We sat and watched Sunday football last month at the bar outside the Cavern Club (on the Waterfront) while waiting for cabins to be ready. 

I was a little bummed, though not surprised, to not have college football on Saturday.