First Time VIFP Diamond Gift

sc4125

I turned Diamond a few cruises ago.  I just received an email from CCL saying they "were not able to deliver your first-time VIFP Diamond when you crossed the threshold."  If I have an upcoming sailing they will deliver it to my cabin (I have 2 before the end of the year). 

Now my question - what the heck is this?  I was on the Paradise in August and came back to my cabin to find one of their robes (which I love) laying on my bed with just a piece of paper with my name on it.  Maybe that was the gift??  If so, I hope they forgot and I get another one on the Mardi Gras in 2 weeks.

Anyone know what this is about? 

I just got mine on the Venezia yesterday and it is a plastic passport holder and luggage tag. I appreciate the gesture but it is pretty cheap and I will certainly not be taking it with me. The quality seems like 95% of them will just end up as more plastic in a landfill. A robe would have been great or even the whale tail/smokestack luggage tag from the giftshop which I love. Hopefully people don't get the hate going with the "so ungrateful" or "you know how much debt they are in" etc I'm just saying what I feel. I rather have not gotten it then more plastic that will just be tossed. Hope this helps!

The first time Diamond gift is a luggage tag and passport holder set, not the robe. Initially, they were supposed to be a leather set, so I'm disappointed that ohioNCLcruiser reports that he/she received a plastic set.  Was this the Diamond gift (not Platinum)? If so...bummer! 😉 They've been "out" since we turned Diamond back in January. I got the same email, but our next cruise isn't until April, so they are supposed to mail them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

The first time Diamond gift is a luggage tag and passport holder set, not the robe. Initially, they were supposed to be a leather set, so I'm disappointed that ohioNCLcruiser reports that he/she received a plastic set.  Was this the Diamond gift (not Platinum)? If so...bummer! 😉 They've been "out" since we turned Diamond back in January. I got the same email, but our next cruise isn't until April, so they are supposed to mail them.

When I get back to my cabin I'll take a closer look at it. If it was indeed leather it felt very plasticy. I'll post some photos of it this afternoon. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies.  So basically the "one-time" diamond gift is much like the same as the platinum lol.  I have no idea why I got the robe, but I do love it - they are now nice and soft like the robes at a spa.  The ones they use to have available in the cabins were not soft at all and not comfortable.  

I guess it's diamond because they deliver it to the cabin instead of having you go pick it up at Pixals (which I never remember to do).

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

You should have also gotten a letter for a free Steakhouse dinner for two. 😎

I thought that I could use the meal at either the Steakhouse or Rudi's or another Specialty Restaurant on ship?  And does it have to be used on that specific cruise?

10 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I guess its leather just feels like plastic. Hope these pics help!

20231009_113011.jpg

20231009_113029.jpg

Is the word Diamond on any of those items? If not, I'd say they missed the point of the what the gift is supposed to signify. This oversight reminds me when Christine Duffy attended the Diamond Luncheon this summer and announced: " I'm thrilled to be here at the Platinum and Diamond lunch."  People in attendance said they thought some of the guests were going to throw their bread rolls at Christine for her faux pas of including Platinum.  🙂

9 hours ago, illinoisfive said:

I thought that I could use the meal at either the Steakhouse or Rudi's or another Specialty Restaurant on ship?  And does it have to be used on that specific cruise?

Any specialty restaurant on any cruise. If using it for a future cruise make an advanced reservation so you're guaranteed the day and time , pay in advance. Bring letter to the dining room when you check in for your dinner reservation and they will refund the prepayment. Of course you don't have to make an advanced reservation, but if you know there's a specific night and time when you want to dine best to make an advanced reservation. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Is the word Diamond on any of those items? If not, I'd say they missed the point of the what the gift is supposed to signify. This oversight reminds me when Christine Duffy attended the Diamond Luncheon this summer and announced: " I'm thrilled to be here at the Platinum and Diamond lunch."  People in attendance said they thought some of the guests were going to throw their bread rolls at Christine for her faux pas of including Platinum.  🙂

You're correct, No Diamond indicators stamped anywhere. They really cheaped out on sourcing these gifts. They have done much better in the past with Logo gifts. Prepandemic for a Carnival Players Club Premier Cruise we received a luggage tag and passport case but a much better quality leather. The passport case is designed such that we use one case for two passports. It's actually quite nice. 

PXL_20231010_024743650.jpg

PXL_20231010_024803395.jpg

PXL_20231010_024936667.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, pcvtmom said:

Same here - they will mail them as our cruise isn't until January.  Didn't even know we were supposed to get something.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Any specialty restaurant on any cruise. If using it for a future cruise make an advanced reservation so you're guaranteed the day and time , pay in advance. Bring letter to the dining room when you check in for your dinner reservation and they will refund the prepayment. Of course you don't have to make an advanced reservation, but if you know there's a specific night and time when you want to dine best to make an advanced reservation. 

Thank you for your reply!  and enjoy the rest of your current trip, the review has been great!

• Thanks 1