Scenic Cruise Lines NOT Spectacular

SBN

Sorry you had the experience described. 

Responses when things do not go as expected do vary.

Fortunately, there are choices.

Some cruisers are reporting changes in quality and service post pandemic related to staffing issues.

This is disappointing if paying a premium for the cruise.

As has been reported Scenic did have a long legal battle related to customer experiences with river levels. 

Fair to say most companies will fight to maintain brand reputation and market share. 

Good to speak up to inform others and these forums do assist with up to date information at times.  Take care. 

My allegiance to my fellow countrymen??? not sure what you mean by that.

I cant open the attachment, sorry.

Nobody is fully objective - that applies to you too, reading reviews after the fact. Confirmation bias applies to all of us.

Buyer beware of everything - do your research, read the fine print - I do that beforehand with all holidays. Almost obsessively in fact.

I'm sorry you were caught up in this event and have not been able to resolve it to your satisfaction

I had a great cruise with Scenic though and happily booked another. (Ive had great trips with other companies too but they are not topic of this thread)

Wishing you all the best on whatever future trips you take.🙂

I understand that with only one Scenic river cruise, and a bad experience on that one, that you would be checking reviews to see if there is a widespread problem.

So let me add my two positive experiences to give you some balance.  I have cruised on Scenic twice – both post-Covid – and they are the two best of our six river cruises.  We felt that our last AMA cruise showed a drop-off in service and food quality compared to the pre-Covid ones – but going directly from an AMA ship to Scenic in the spring of 2022 was a step up past even our best AMA cruise.  And I was especially impressed by Scenic's responsiveness.

As to Scenic's lack of comments on online reviews:  that may be the new normal among younger people, but it isn't something I expect so I don't downgrade any business that doesn't respond.  If it is important to you that a company has a social media presence, that will obviously skew your ratings versus mine.  There's no right or wrong on that, just pointing out how important it is to know what a reviewer considers important/not to interpret how their review will be relevant/not to you.

Thank you for your input and I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Here’s my issue. With the letter we received we trusted Scenic to do "the right thing ". They set the bar. Not the passengers. They lied and failed. Period. 

Not sure what your comments mean. Personally, I wish they WOULD see the remarks. Maybe they would change their ways and the next Scenic travelers would receive some genuine customer service. And, if they were an American company I would have some recourse.   

14 hours ago, SBN said:

And, if they were an American company I would have some recourse.   

Where was the booking made? If in the USA then the company that took the booking probably was a US company, albeit ultimately owned by Scenic. Have a look at the T&Cs.

I am in UK and cannot access Scenic's USA site, but the UK site says

'

• We, Scenic Tours (UK) Ltd, 4 Piccadilly Place, Manchester, UK, M1 3BN company number 05770868 are responsible for the performance of your holiday contract subject to your chosen products full booking conditions.

Thus the UK has UK specific booking conditions. I suspect the Scenic company that you booked with in the USA is a USA registered company and has USA specific booking conditions. If I am correct   your contract is with them and you can proceed with your actions on getting recourse.

• Like 1