Always available items in YC

DisneyJen

37 minutes ago, no1talks said:

I agree with many of your observations. However, there is one point you mentioned in which MSC had things correct.

While Aurea status still includes access to an Aurea sundeck, Aurea bookings no longer include thermal spa access unless a pass is purchased. However, a Voyagers Club Gold booking would include one visit per cruise, for up to one hour.

I wasn't aware of this change and I have sailed Aurea in the past specifically to get thermal access. This is surprising to me as the thermal suite is packed on World Europa currently and I assumed this is because thermal access is offered to all Aurea guests. 

I didn't think as many people would pay for access but apparently they are as it is overcrowded any time I have been. 

The Aurea hot tubs were also very busy today as we sailed away from Palermo. 

But not nearly as busy as the Jungle Pool:

20231114_173201.thumb.jpg.61dc403cbf11f85b5ad84f8b80ad7d66.jpg

20231114_173039.thumb.jpg.9bccfc106b589e2c59040a8a47ecb00a.jpg

Main pool

20231114_173217.thumb.jpg.053595d68924d776786f012bc9b15a06.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

I wasn't aware of this change and I have sailed Aurea in the past specifically to get thermal access. This is surprising to me as the thermal suite is packed on World Europa currently and I assumed this is because thermal access is offered to all Aurea guests. 

I didn't think as many people would pay for access but apparently they are as it is overcrowded any time I have been. 

The Aurea hot tubs were also very busy today as we sailed away from Palermo. 

But not nearly as busy as the Jungle Pool:

20231114_173201.thumb.jpg.61dc403cbf11f85b5ad84f8b80ad7d66.jpg

20231114_173039.thumb.jpg.9bccfc106b589e2c59040a8a47ecb00a.jpg

Main pool

20231114_173217.thumb.jpg.053595d68924d776786f012bc9b15a06.jpg

Apparently showing safety message after first day not a big draw.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

"This is surprising to me as the thermal suite is packed on World Europa currently and I assumed this is because thermal access is offered to all Aurea guests."

It is not unheard of for MSC to do things differently between European and North American cruises. Booking an Aurea experience for World Europa could possibly be different. It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

• Like 1

Thanks for reminding me to add patience to the packing list @L1211 😀

I appreciate your comments ... especially about the wines. We aren't wine snobs but we do like a good glass of wine like a Sancere or Super Tuscan ... I suspect we aren't going to find them on board but it's all good.

Enjoying your Live Report @Captain-John!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DisneyJen I've attached a link to the Yacht Club Bar List on Meraviglia from earlier this year.  While I cannot guarantee that all these wines will be the ones onboard when you sail, this list may give you an idea of what types of wines they have.  I will say that all the scotch whiskeys listed were readily available in the Top Sail Lounge!  Hope this helps!

Yacht Club Bar List.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks so much @jcpc🥂

I see some decent wines on their included list.

I am guessing that if you want something off the Connoisseurs' Selection by the glass you pay the difference? Also I am guessing will hold the bottle in the restaurant if you don't finish it that evening.

23 hours ago, DisneyJen said:

I am guessing that if you want something off the Connoisseurs' Selection by the glass you pay the difference? Also I am guessing will hold the bottle in the restaurant if you don't finish it that evening.

@DisneyJen Sorry, but I have no idea if you pay the difference only or if you have to pay full price if you order a glass of "higher-priced" wine and/or a cocktail as nobody in our group did that.  I do know, however, that the sommelier did hold a bottle of unfinished wine for the table next to us, presumably to serve the following night.  There were 5 of us at the table and we always had a variety of cocktails and wines served.  There was no appreciable wait for the cocktails (they go down to the Top Sail Lounge on Deck 16 for the cocktails).  Our assistant waiter usually got the cocktails and he was excellent.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, TwoAdriftAtSea said:

I can say that the shrimp cocktail is no longer listed on the menu as a Classis always available choice, and upon request was told its only available certain days in the YC Restaurant for whatever reasons. At least on the Seascape when I inquired as I do enjoy a shrimp cocktail when at sea.. As with all things MSC, YMMV.

Can confirm also on Meraviglia in Oct - my father asked for one night and was told that the waiter “had to check with the chef”!

There were a lot of cut backs in food compared to my April sailing. We raised the issues and wrote about this in the survey. I too found the filet was initially inedible like @dexddd commented. Oil and vinegar disappeared from the tables, now only on request. It got better once I was known as someone who would speak up. Fresh grilled options like scallops to order were only on the pool grill 2 or 3 days out of 11. 

Edited by sbcs5390
  • Like 1