*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy 5-Night Bermuda October 11-16, 2023

BirdTravels

21 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Keep Hydrated. Keep Caffeinated. Keep Inebriated. There is a package for everything. 

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1348.jpeg

IMG_1349.jpeg

IMG_1350.jpeg

IMG_1351.jpeg

Thank you for this information.  I was wondering about the unlimited open bar and premium plus selections.  

Taking with the theater production manager, Footloose is being replaced by the new NCL Wheel of Fortune.

That being said, with two cruises left, there are two new cast members for Footloose this week.

And unrelated (maybe), two cast members were “seriously injured” during rehearsal today and the show was cancelled. They pulled the Beatles out of the Cavern Club to provide “something” in the Theater tonight. 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Footloose is being replaced by the new NCL Wheel of Fortune.

That’s like replacing a first string QB with the Bench Warmer.  I sure hope NCL has some better entertainment ideas up their sleeve for 2024.  C’est la vie.  Enjoy your cruise and short visit to Bermuda.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Back to normal meaning making reservations online beforehand or when you get on the ship?

What I meant by back to normal was that the main theater shows and the comedy shows in the Social would go back to requiring reservations either from home or once on the ship. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Taking with the theater production manager, Footloose is being replaced by the new NCL Wheel of Fortune

As someone that is going to be on the first cruise without Footloose, that is certainly a bummer to hear.  I'm not into the game shows but I love the traditional NCL production shows. 

Thank you for all your updates - it is getting me more and more pumped for my upcoming departure!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mma__leanne said:

As someone that is going to be on the first cruise without Footloose, that is certainly a bummer to hear.  I'm not into the game shows but I love the traditional NCL production shows. 

Thank you for all your updates - it is getting me more and more pumped for my upcoming departure!

We sail end of month. I had heard that footloose would not be on our sailing. But it allowed me to make reservations online for both Footloose and Elements. First sailing out of Miami. 

On vacation with the family. Enroll the kiddos in the Splash Academy on embarkation day and let them attend on embarkation night to make friends. 

Older kids can check themselves out after 2 hours, so you can have some mommy and daddy time.  
IMG_1698.thumb.jpeg.0666f522f420ee7b2d7f9e1521cdea38.jpegIMG_1699.thumb.jpeg.b61b126f8793831fe9a4ec1a3e7e33df.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1253.jpeg

IMG_1254.jpeg

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Footloose is being replaced by the new NCL Wheel of Fortune.

oy.

4 hours ago, mma__leanne said:

As someone that is going to be on the first cruise without Footloose, that is certainly a bummer to hear. 

i'm also on that cruise and feel the same way.

i don't mind if NCL adds a game show here and there, that's fine. but don't try to tell me that it's a replacement for a broadway show, even a marginal one like "footloose."

4 hours ago, bruce85 said:

We sail end of month. I had heard that footloose would not be on our sailing. But it allowed me to make reservations online for both Footloose and Elements. First sailing out of Miami. 

well, i've got good news, i think. i have no inside info, this is just speculation, but i seriously doubt that that they will get WOF up and running the week after they pull "footloose." i wouldn't think they would be able to strike the "footloose" set, install WOF and rehearse the show that quickly. (yes, the show itself is probably rehearsed first in miami, but they still have to have run throughs in the theatre.)

as for being able to book "footloose," yes, this is faulty NCL website updates (or lack thereof). they are still letting you book it, but on the very page where they invite you to book it, it also says that the show will not be offered beyond 10/26 (or whenever the actual closing date is).

7 hours ago, UKstages said:

well, i've got good news, i think. i have no inside info, this is just speculation, but i seriously doubt that that they will get WOF up and running the week after they pull "footloose." i wouldn't think they would be able to strike the "footloose" set, install WOF and rehearse the show that quickly. (yes, the show itself is probably rehearsed first in miami, but they still have to have run throughs in the theatre.)

The process of installing a new show is measured in months. Props and scenery from the old show needs to be disassembled and removed to make space for the new show. When The Bird was on the Encore a few weeks ago, the production team was still making plans to remove the last bits of Kinky Boots which has been off the ship for a year. Then the new set is onboarded in tiny pieces and assembled. The very first time Choir of Man was preformed on NCL, it was on the Escape on the tiny Supper Club stage and The Bird watched as a team of carpenters built the bar from small pieces [some or a lot of assembly required]. 

Total speculation is that they terminate Footloose now, giving them a couple of months to disassemble and prep, then do the swap during the dry dock in January.  That’s what they used to do. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the forgotten gems on the Joy is the adults only Spice H20. A bar that is usually not crowded. Loungers. Lots of tables. And… a pool-size hot tub versus a somewhat useless (The Bird’s opinion) “water feature” on her sister ships. 

IMG_1906.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

IMG_1909.jpeg

IMG_1910.jpeg

• Like 3