Check in times Changing?

ober134

On 1st sailing post dry dock on Paradise Oct 30. As Platinum was able to check in 2 days early. At 12:01am the earliest time was 12:30-1pm. Per discussion on the nameless social media site No One was able to get anything earlier than 12:30. So not sure if this has to do with ship coming off drydock, or Tampa port crew, restocking of ship supplies etc. Someone said their PVP stated Carnival is starting to push back boarding times. Thoughts?

I suspect it has to do with it being the first sailing after dry dock. But I, for one, would not mind at all if I could sleep a little later the day of boarding if it is the new normal.

• Like 1

I would never place any credence on anything that starts with the statement "someone said". 

My guess would be that they might have to undergo inspection that morning. That is the most common reason I know of for embarkation to be delayed if it is not due to late arrival. 

• Like 7

We are on Celebration for Thanksgiving and we just received an email today saying boarding will not begin until 12:30 (that is about an hour and half later than last time we were on that ship). 

I'm curious to see if that impacts arrival appointment times once we are able to check in.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

It's gotta be a port- or sailing- specific reason.  I checked in for October 30 Valor sailing at midnight Eastern time on Friday (10/13) and the earliest slots available were 10:30-11:00.

Ditto for the October 21st sailing on the Valor.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's due to the coast guard having to clear the ship since its coming from "overseas" even though its the Bahamas. I was on the first Pride sailing last year after its TA from Lisbon and we didn't end up sailing until around 9pm

On 10/14/2023 at 6:17 PM, csm5986142 said:

We are on Celebration for Thanksgiving and we just received an email today saying boarding will not begin until 12:30 (that is about an hour and half later than last time we were on that ship). 

I'm curious to see if that impacts arrival appointment times once we are able to check in.

I think the turkeys got all the early boarding times.

• Haha 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:33 PM, mamiamjo said:

Later this week I'll be checking in for our cruise in Nov. I will let you know what the earliest arrival available is.

Just checked in for the Breeze. Earliest time available was 10:00-10:30, which is normal, so it seems that issue may be specific to a certain port or a specific cruise?