Any Ironing facilties on board Sihouette?

Dungloe Rose

They actually do a great job with the pressing and or the laundry , dry cleaning.

Your stateroom steward will assist you with the pick up.

As far as cost goes , there are packages , individual pricing and a few perks depending on stateroom category , or captains club level.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Hi, if you are sailing from USA there is something called Downey wrinkle release spray or just hang the item in the bathroom while you shower that will help creases drop out.. Just checked Amazon have Downey £12.09 for 3 bottles, I usually stock up when in America

8 minutes ago, ela123 said:

In the UK we have lenor crease release I’ve bought it in savers or Asda really good for spraying the creases out of clothes. Failing that make your own spray with 50% fabric softener and 50% water

That's quite a big bottle to carry at 500 ml, Downy are travel size 

43 minutes ago, ela123 said:

But you can decant it out into travel size bottles ….just if people can’t get Downy from the US

As I said above Amazon has 3x travel size for £12.09 a little expensive but cheaper than pressing if you don't have it a a loyalty benefit

2 hours ago, ela123 said:

In the UK we have lenor crease release I’ve bought it in savers or Asda really good for spraying the creases out of clothes. Failing that make your own spray with 50% fabric softener and 50% water

Just correcting your recipe. It’s 2 cups of water to 2 TBSP of fabric softener. Fabric softener can leave a greasy mark so you don’t want to have too much in your mixture.

Another thing that works in a pinch is just a spray of plain water. We travel with carry ons only & it’s easy to throw a small empty spray bottle into the bag. 

Wow thank you so much for all your replies. You're all so helpful. Travelling from southampton so will try that spray from savers or asda. Was thinking of ironing the shirts n skirts we  have the morning of the cruise from the hotel n carrying them on hangers under zip up bag. Do u think we cud walk on the ship with them approx 5 shirts n 3 skirts that really crease?

This always puzzles me. OH got sucked into this for our last cruise and took a bottle of Lenor Crease Release. It went unused. We've never suffered from creases - I just don't pack them. It makes me wonder whether you just screw your clothes up into a ball and stuff them in your cases?

9 minutes ago, Dungloe Rose said:

Yes we are. Travelling from Ireland to southampton saturday. I meant to join but forgot! Better late than never! So excited! Havent checked the weather dont want to dampen me spirits 😆😆

The forecast isn't great, but hey it's England.

On 10/15/2023 at 4:32 AM, Dungloe Rose said:

Hi sailing I n silhiuette shirtly and wondering if theres any self service ironing facilities on board to get out the dreaded creases from a very  packed suitcase!! Thank you

My wife is an absolute nut 🤪 about wrinkles in her clothes, but there are no in-room ironing boards, devices, etc., on board. On our Silhouette cruise this spring, we brought along Bounce wrinkle-release spray and she LOVED IT. (Here's the Amazon link; I receive absolutely no benefit for sharing it/if you buy here, etc...)

My point is that I was amazed at her reaction to this stuff because she can be a tad obsessive about wrinkles 😉

As others have noted on this thread, though, she's too has sent a few items to the Silhouette laundry for pressing, and they do a nice job, as well.

Finally, I convinced my wife to use a packing-cube system in her suitcase about two years ago. Begrudgingly, she now admits it helps reduce (but not eliminate!) wrinkles by the time we reach out destination.

Hope this helps,

cjr

On 10/15/2023 at 4:16 PM, Dungloe Rose said:

Wow thank you so much for all your replies. You're all so helpful. Travelling from southampton so will try that spray from savers or asda. Was thinking of ironing the shirts n skirts we  have the morning of the cruise from the hotel n carrying them on hangers under zip up bag. Do u think we cud walk on the ship with them approx 5 shirts n 3 skirts that really crease?

Yes - just remember everything you are carrying will have to go through the Security Scanner. 

Just accept that your clothes will have a few wrinkles just like very other passengers will. Heck on a TA you could have a morning comparing - $5 entry fee and prizes for the most wrinkles etc. It would make a welcome addition to the Slot Pull, Cabin Crawl and Poker Run. Steaming garments in the shower also works.