Drinks Service with Package

ScotBrit17

11 hours ago, sandancer said:

For the first time we have purchased a drinks package for our NYE cruise. We usually have more than enough OBC to cover drinks but not this time. We have bought the de luxe package online taking advantage of the 10% discount plus our 7.5% loyalty discount. I would like to know if there is a wine menu for wine by the glass or if it is just the regular wine list. We’ve never bought a glass of wine onboard as usually have a bottle at dinner. I can’t remember seeing wine that cost £15 or £16 a glass but look forward to trying it. 

Here’s the main MDR wine list showing prices by the glass and bottle. It’s from Ventura but I suspect it’s the same on all ships. I suspect that this covers all bars and restaurants with the exception of the Glasshouse.

IMG_0925.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2023 at 1:11 PM, jeanlyon said:

The nice thing on Aurora is that in the MDR they will hold your wine until the next night if you have any left over.  Not on Freedom though.

That is interesting, I think we have got Freedom on Iona next year. We don't get through a whole bottle of wine in one night so might have to think about just ordering a large glass each 😞

27 minutes ago, Onelung said:

That is interesting, I think we have got Freedom on Iona next year. We don't get through a whole bottle of wine in one night so might have to think about just ordering a large glass each 😞

If you are going on Iona you will definitely be on Freedom Dining, as Iona and Arvia don’t have fixed dining. They are both 100% Freedom dining. 

18 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

I agree.

My last x2 cruises this year was on Celebrity Silhouette and Marella Voyager,,,the glasses of Prosecco were doubles compared to P&O 125ml….same with spirits.

I think Marella go for quantity rather than quality - certainly the spirits they serve are pretty rubbish!

Side question please.  Never had the drinks package before but will be getting the deluxe package.  The Glasshouse has my preferred wines including nyetimber sparkling, which is not available elsewhere.  Could I get one from the bar and say take to Andersen’s?   The glasshouse is so full of diners nowadays it is less like a bar where you can just enjoy a drink, although we will be dining there a lot.   Also, could I get a glass of wine or a coffee from Costa and enjoy it in my cabin?

Thanks 

Edited by galeforce9

15 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

The glasshouse is so full of diners nowadays it is less like a bar where you can just enjoy a drink, although we will be dining there a lot

When we were on Ventura recently, they had a dedicated area within the Glasshouse for diners, leaving large areas for those just wishing to have a drink.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

When we were on Ventura recently, they had a dedicated area within the Glasshouse for diners, leaving large areas for those just wishing to have a drink.

Thanks Selbourne.  When we were last on Aurora, in August, only about five tables for two along the corridor were fit drinking and these were full of people on the long waitlist for dining.  It didn’t used to be like that.  

5 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

I think Marella go for quantity rather than quality - certainly the spirits they serve are pretty rubbish!

Hi

I have sailed both Iona and Marella Voyager this year,I find a Jameson on Marella tasted exactly the same as a Jamesons on Iona.

In the Aperitif Bar on Marella they had 14 different whiskey/whisky from Dalwinnie to Bushmills to Glenmorangie and others,,,,,I tried all 14 in a week,,,,very nice they were too.

21 hours ago, Selbourne said:

If you are going on Iona you will definitely be on Freedom Dining, as Iona and Arvia don’t have fixed dining. They are both 100% Freedom dining. 

If we order a bottle of wine and don't finish it, can we take it to our room to finish?

On 12/1/2023 at 7:52 PM, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I have sailed both Iona and Marella Voyager this year,I find a Jameson on Marella tasted exactly the same as a Jamesons on Iona.

In the Aperitif Bar on Marella they had 14 different whiskey/whisky from Dalwinnie to Bushmills to Glenmorangie and others,,,,,I tried all 14 in a week,,,,very nice they were too.

Totally agree, in fact I've still got the menu.

All branded drinks.

Apertif.pdf