PV cabin included alcoholic beverages?

makai 7

41 minutes ago, makai 7 said:

Brand new to Viking Ocean!

what beverages are stocked in the cabin for PV cabins?  Trying to decide if we bring a bottle of Gin on with us.

Thanks!

You can ask them stock gin, I think they'll do like four a day, maybe four, twice a day.  They use the little airplane size bottles.  They didn't have diet tonic anywhere on board, not sure if that's normal for VO or not.   So, if you really 'like' gin and don't want to make trips to the bar bring a bottle.   They stock what you ask them to stock.

Edited by rmalbers
  • Thanks 1

On the first day they stock the fridge with one bottle each of scotch, bourbon, gin and vodka.  We asked our cabin steward to change to 2 scotch and 2 gin and that's what happened for the rest of the cruise.  There are also a few beers, sodas, mini-bags of peanuts and a chocolate bar, which can similarly be modified to meet your desires.

• Like 1

Like others are saying, you can switch out the 4 little alcohol bottles to your choice.  Just ask your room steward when you check in.  You can also ask for an ice bucket to be delivered at a specific time each day.  On our cruises, the little gin bottle was Tanguery.  If you like a different gin, bring your own bottle.

7 minutes ago, Crestawave said:

We're staying in a DV cabin , will we have to have the  drinks package to have alcohol stocked in our cabin fridge.

We always stay in a DV cabin. NO you will not get the little bottles of alcohol. You will get a variety of sodas and can ask for specific kind to be stocked daily.

We also had the beverage package, which means you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship.You have paid for it already  being on the beverage package.

We did bring our own wine on board when in Spain and drank it on our veranda on occasion. You can bring any type of booze on board if you like for your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 4:49 AM, LindaS272 said:

It’s not peanuts—it’s almonds/cranberries/raisins.

Linda - our experience is it varies.  This last cruise they first gave us almonds/cranberries/raisins.  Since we like peanuts, we asked the steward to just give us peanuts every day and from then on, we just got peanuts!

Here's a picture I took of the refrigerator as it was when we first came into our PV last month.

IMG_7992Refrigcontents.thumb.JPG.267eb3499953dc6d62dcdd2d6b4f1c92.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Linda - our experience is it varies.  This last cruise they first gave us almonds/cranberries/raisins.  Since we like peanuts, we asked the steward to just give us peanuts every day and from then on, we just got peanuts!

Here's a picture I took of the refrigerator as it was when we first came into our PV last month.

IMG_7992Refrigcontents.thumb.JPG.267eb3499953dc6d62dcdd2d6b4f1c92.JPG

Actually, I remember now why we never get peanuts! Because I tell them to take them away! 🤦‍♀️

Edited by LindaS272
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 5:19 AM, Paul73 said:

On the first day they stock the fridge with one bottle each of scotch, bourbon, gin and vodka.  We asked our cabin steward to change to 2 scotch and 2 gin and that's what happened for the rest of the cruise.  There are also a few beers, sodas, mini-bags of peanuts and a chocolate bar, which can similarly be modified to meet your desires.

In my experience only one whiskey (scotch) and then rum. Never seen bourbon in a Viking mini-bar. And a "few" beers = two.

On 10/17/2023 at 8:28 AM, Azulann said:

We always stay in a DV cabin. NO you will not get the little bottles of alcohol. You will get a variety of sodas and can ask for specific kind to be stocked daily.

We also had the beverage package, which means you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship.You have paid for it already  being on the beverage package.

We did bring our own wine on board when in Spain and drank it on our veranda on occasion. You can bring any type of booze on board if you like for your cruise. 

"you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship"

Not true.

3 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Only replaced - not added to.

Duh - if you don’t eat or otherwise remove them, then they won’t be added to. I don’t think anyone here thinks you would accumulate 28 bags of nuts on a 2 week cruise if you don’t take any out.

10 minutes ago, duquephart said:

"you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship"

Not true.

How are you doing on this beautiful MN day?

I always had the Silver Beverage package and never paid for a drink anytime , anywhere. But then I only visited Thorshaven club a couple of nights and did not have the fancy Aquavit shots ,just a Drambuie straight up.😀I DID STAY UNDER THE $18.00 PER DRINK  on any menu.

How about you when you had the package ? 

Meanwhile I am looking at Explora Journeys web site ... think of a Caribbean cruise in 2025 ... Our nice Autumn will end the coming weekend.

Edited by Azulann

3 minutes ago, Azulann said:

How are you doing on this beautiful MN day?

I always had the Silver Beverage package and never paid for a drink anytime , anywhere. But then I only visited Thorshaven club a couple of nights and did not have the fancy Aquavit shots ,just a Drambuie straight up.😀I DID STAY UNDER THE $18.00 PER DRINK  on any menu.

How about you when you had the package ? 

Meanwhile I am looking at Explora Journeys web site ... think of a Caribbean cruise in 2025 ... Our nice Autumn will end the coming weekend.

If it is true that there are drinks you will have to pay for (above a given threshold in price) then it is not true that "you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship" - as I said. I think think correct information is preferable to the other kind.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Duh - if you don’t eat or otherwise remove them, then they won’t be added to. I don’t think anyone here thinks you would accumulate 28 bags of nuts on a 2 week cruise if you don’t take any out.

Like I said.

Just now, duquephart said:

If it is true that there are drinks you will have to pay for (above a given threshold in price) then it is not true that "you do not pay for any drinks, anytime on the ship" - as I said. I think think correct information is preferable to the other kind.

Of course you are correct.😘 BTW are you an editor in everyday life? 

• Haha 2