Casual dining venues Crown Princess

Marronnier

Am I right in thinking that the only 'casual dining venue ' ( as covered by the 2 Prix Fixe meals covered by Plus package) on the Crown Princess is Vines Wine bar?

Does any one have the Prix Fixe menu for Vines?

Thanks for any information you can offer.

• Like 1

I believe Salty Dog Gastropub as well is one (we are going on the Crown for the first time soon as well). I don't think the Crown has an Alfredo's like Royal does.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/specialty-restaurants/the-salty-dog-gastropub/salty-dog-menu.pdf

Edited by SuzieQ521
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

I believe Salty Dog Gastropub as well is one (we are going on the Crown for the first time soon as well). I don't think the Crown has an Alfredo's like Royal does.

Thank you SuzieQ. I had forgotten about the Salty Dog Gastro Pub. I've seen their menu but not one for Vines

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

I cannot locate the actual Vines menu but here is what you get for the fixed menu: 

A casual wine bar found on most Princess cruise ships, Vines offers an extensive wine menu and a variety of antipasti and tapas dishes. Previously complimentary with a glass of wine purchase, the food items are now an extra cost.

Vines costs $14.99 USD for the fixed-price menu including 1 x Crudités, 1 x Charcuterie Board, and 1 x Chocolate Truffles of your choice.

You can also pay per item, with Crudités at $3, Charcuterie Boards at $12, and Chocolate Truffles at $3.

Edited by SuzieQ521
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

I cannot locate the actual Vines menu but here is what you get for the fixed menu: 

A casual wine bar found on most Princess cruise ships, Vines offers an extensive wine menu and a variety of antipasti and tapas dishes. Previously complimentary with a glass of wine purchase, the food items are now an extra cost.

Vines costs $14.99 USD for the fixed-price menu including 1 x Crudités, 1 x Charcuterie Board, and 1 x Chocolate Truffles of your choice.

You can also pay per item, with Crudités at $3, Charcuterie Boards at $12, and Chocolate Truffles at $3.

I wonder if Vines will 'still allow' you to visit the International Cafe (on 'most' ships) and bring a snack in while enjoying your wine(s)?

18 hours ago, voljeep said:

I wonder if Vines will 'still allow' you to visit the International Cafe (on 'most' ships) and bring a snack in while enjoying your wine(s)?

Just disembarked the Crown yesterday.  Yes you can bring food over from the IC.  That is totally not a problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is a photo someone was nice enough to let me take of their Vines charcuterie board and crudities while we were on the Ruby.  The portion sizes on the Majestic were much larger, especially the crudities but they may have given us a double order.  

image.thumb.jpeg.3061c731e048fa3cf128f3b51ded5fb9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Here is a photo someone was nice enough to let me take of their Vines charcuterie board and crudities while we were on the Ruby.  The portion sizes on the Majestic were much larger, especially the crudities but they may have given us a double order.  

image.thumb.jpeg.3061c731e048fa3cf128f3b51ded5fb9.jpeg

the food portion looks like plenty for a single person - the wine ... not so much

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks so much for the picture @Cruise Raider. JMHO, but I'll use my Casual credits elsewhere. 

I don’t eat any red meat or chocolate so just asked for the tray with cheese and the crudities because we had the premier package.  
If you like great shaved meats, I am sure this would be well worth the cost.  I just loved the cheese and vegetables with my wine.  And because I don’t like to waste food, I was happy about the adjustments to the portions.  

• Like 2